Status: Updates on Sundays

Why Don't You Just Drop Dead?

The (After) Life of the Party

It was only one by the time she fell asleep on me. I not only one the bet, but I know she totally likes me. What’s there not to like, anyway? I stayed on the couch with her for the last hour, mostly because the human contact was nice. Also because I had to keep an eye on her and staring at her in bed was a whole lot creepier. Even I’m not that much of a creeper. I sat through a show explaining how aliens helped build the pyramids while I waited for them to come home.

The front door slammed at 2:07 in the morning.

“What sort of time do you call this?” I said jokingly, carefully getting off the couch.

“We got Penelope. She took the bait.” Pete growled. “No thanks to these idiots. You call yourselves hunters?!”

“Well, next time you be the bait.” Andy scoffed. “At least I got to make out with a hot girl.”

“Is she sleeping?” Patrick asked quietly. I nodded and pointed to the body on the couch.

“Get her to the bed. Who wants to take first watch?”

I volunteered for it, seeing as I wasn’t tired yet. Too busy thinking about aliens. I floated her towards the bed, but didn’t bother tucking her in. Too much effort to lift two things at once. Standing just outside the door for two hours was a pain in the ass. So boring. Then again, I could always have a bit of fun by annoying the shit out of everyone else. I lifted up a deck of cards and sent it flying towards Joe’s head. It’s always funny to watch people get hit in the head from twenty feet away and try to find out what happened.

“Haha, wow that’s totally funny and not getting old at all.” He laughed sarcastically when he noticed me. I also made all of Patrick’s research float up while he was working. He just turned around and stared at me until I put it back, which was not nearly as fun. Pete was meeting with some priesty guy, which was a really weird thing to do this early in the morning. I slipped the guy’s wallet out of his pocket while he wasn’t looking. No cash, no credit cards, just pictures of vampires. Huh. Oh well.

“My turn. You should probably go to bed, you look really tired.” Patrick said, taking over for me. I thanked him and complied. I need my beauty rest, how else would I stay pretty?