Status: Updates on Sundays

Why Don't You Just Drop Dead?

Tell That Mick he Just Made my List of Things to do Today

“Hey princess, heard you caused some trouble last night. Proud of you.” I said over breakfast the next day. Well, it was more of a lunch, considering the fact that it was way past noon.

“Oh, shut it.” She yawned, distinctly avoiding Pete. Speaking of Pete, it looked like he was having yet another one of his flashbacks. I wondered what it was about this time and what brought it on. It’s always something. Probably about his first night as a vampire. The one where he almost bit that girl, but then he didn't. That was the first night he kicked some major ass.

“So, what’s bugging you, princess? You seem kind of down.” I said, shoveling massive amounts of food into my mouth.

“She’s trying to get to us. Become our weakness. William was in her head last night.” Pete mumbled, beginning to make himself a shake.

“Wait, Pete, what?” Patrick interjected. Now everyone’s going to get involved and stuff, blah, blah, blah. This is going to suck. “Is that true?” He asked Winona.

“Yes.” She sighed. Wow, suddenly I’m the good kid.

“Okay, we have to work on this. This can’t happen. No. If it happens, we’re sitting ducks. We can fall into any trap they set.” He said, beginning to pace around the room. That’s what he does when he’s thinking.

“Great, you broke Patrick. Nice job, princess.” I patted her on the back and hoped this would get sorted out without any consequences. Man, I hate those things. Always ruining everything good in life. Consequences suck.

“Your entire being here was a trap itself. It’s the reason they left you. They knew we’d take you and it would give them a chance to learn about us. I should’ve known it, right from the start…” Patrick rambled. I grabbed her by the arm and led her away.

“He’s boring anyway. Let’s go play video games.” I said, taking her towards my room, the one with the Xbox, PS3, N64, and every game you could imagine, not to mention the three laptops I kept stowed away under my bed. One for games, one for mindless internet surfing, and one for, well, other stuff. I handed her a controller and said “Pick something.”