Status: Updates on Sundays

Why Don't You Just Drop Dead?

Grenade Jumper

“The smartest thing you could do is get rid of me,” I reasoned, trying very hard to make the small character in the go-kart stop falling off the side. Thus far, I was unsuccessful. “William said I couldn’t come home yet, but if you leave me out in the open he has to either take me back or risk letting another clan grab me.”

“You should really stop talking about yourself like you’re a thing, princess,” Oliver reprimanded, lapping me for the fourth time and winning the game. “Besides, can’t you use your fancy future seeing to know what’s going to happen?”

“Why do you think I’m telling you to let me go? I already saw it happen.” This wasn’t the complete truth. The only reason why I’d seen it happen is because I’d already had this conversation and saw it work. I was starting to get emotionally attached to the people whose throats were inevitably going to be ripped out some day. “It buys you time. I’m not helping you any by sitting around here, am I?”

“What, you want us to force you to use your power to help us get a head start against the Dandies? You’re a prisoner, I guess, but we’re pretty okay guys.”

At that moment, I honestly wanted nothing but to leave it all and maybe find a nice coffee shop somewhere to work and be completely disengaged from vampires and clans and hunters.

“Just let me out,” I begged, pausing the game. “I just want to walk around a little. You can send Pete after me if I run. You know I won’t get far, and like I said, I already saw it happen.”

“And you won’t tell the guys about this? I’d be in deep shit if you did.”

“Of course not.” If things played out the right way, I wouldn’t ever have to be involved with them again. “Let me just get my-” Suddenly I was coughing, clutching at my chest and gasping for air. I tried to fight off the incoming vision, but it knocked me to my knees.

For the second time in less than a week, I was being stolen from my place of residence. I didn’t recognize the shirt I was wearing, so it was after the point where I convinced Oliver to let me out. If, he let me out. This stupid vision might’ve changed my entire future, and I hate when that happens.