Status: Updates on Sundays

Why Don't You Just Drop Dead?

Vampires Will Never Hurt you

The first thing I noticed was that still in the hunter’s house. That was a good sign.

“I swear, Patrick said I had to. And I only looked at your chest for a second,” Oliver defended himself.

“What the- pervert! You could’ve at least shut your eyes or something,” I snapped, crossing my arms over myself protectively. “Thanks for not letting Pete rip my head off, though. I mean, he’s nice, but the whole vampire thing gets in the way of that.”

“No problem, princess.”

“Stop calling me that.”

“Never bothered you before,” Oliver smirked, helping me to a standing position.

“That was before I had that vision. Listen, Oliver. Something’s coming and if you’re not out of here when it shows up, this place is getting a bloody new paint job.”

“Alright, alright Winona,” he agreed, noting how serious I’d become. “Joe hooked up an old television in your room, nothing’s going to get at you while we’re here. Why don’t you put on some sappy chick flick or something? Patrick’s probably going to make me check the trash out the window anyway, so whoever’s coming I’ll see them a mile away.”

“Right. Don’t screw up, porcelain,” I finished, trying to lighten the mood even though I knew the terror coming.

Welcome him, William instructed. And for god’s sake try and make yourself presentable.

I frowned.

“I’m not letting him anywhere near me if he’s going to kill them. You can patch up your silly little alliance on your own time if he goes anywhere near those hunters.”

I turned up the volume on the television to try and drown out my own voice.

Welcome him in. He’s already stated he’ll demolish the civilian population if you don’t.

Panic took over. I knew for a fact he wasn’t allowed to hurt me. The hunters could probably handle themselves long enough to get away.

I ran my fingers desperately through my hair before pushing back the curtain on the window.

“Hi, Gerard,” I whimpered. “You can come in if you want.”

He rematerialized inside the room, taking in his new surroundings with an air of disdain.

“I’ll have Frank clean out the rats once you’re safe, Winona.”

I bit back the urge to tell him I was safe here, that I wanted to do nothing but stay with the hunters until they were safe. Instead, I took his offered hand and tried not to cry. I hated the New Jersey clan. I hated their similarities to William and Brendon because of how corrupt they’d all become. To think that my own family could turn into something so hideous terrified me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Accidentally posted last week's chapter again, sorry! Here's what it was supposed to be.