Status: Updates on Sundays

Why Don't You Just Drop Dead?

Headfirst for Halos

“Hey, Pri-- er, Winona, it sounded like some dude was in your room. Am I going crazy, or--” I stopped as the door inched open to reveal no one. The TV was still blaring, the clothes we’d donated to her were still there, everything was in order. Not even the windows were open. It was just like she’d vanished.

“Hey guys, we have a problem.” I yelled. They all came running and stared with me for a good ten seconds before Patrick got all jumpy.

“What even… how… but where… what?” He stammered, going through his research papers. “No, she shouldn’t have the ability to phase through walls. We would’ve known about it. How even… this doesn’t make sense…”

“Maybe we were just having a group hallucination.” Andy joked. It certainly lightened the mood until we heard someone banging at the door. Joe checked the security cameras and the blood drained from his face.

“It’s the Jersey clan.” He said.

“Oliver, block the door. Pete, stand guard. Joe, Andy, get the equipment. This is definitely not a coincidence.”

“Poor boys. We’ve already been invited!” A voice came from behind us. It was a guy with jet black hair and enough makeup for fourteen hookers.

“Anyway, we came for the girl. Oh, and of course, to destroy you.” Another voice said, again coming from behind us. A man with head of hair that would make Xie Qiuping jealous.

“Step one has been accomplished, as you can see.” Another person said to the right. It looked as though he’d been in a bad car accident and his knees had been irreparably damaged. It was weird.

“I think you can guess what comes next.” Yet another voice called. This one appeared to have run out of black hair dye half way through and decided “Ah, fuck it. I’ll just do the rest another color”.

It was then that they attacked. They literally pounced, but none of them went for me. Too busy with Patrick, Pete, Joe, and Andy I guess. I tried distracting them with my telekinesis, and oh, sure, then they notice me. They went after Pete and I, mostly, and it was really hard to tell who was winning. I started trying to bash their heads in with random objects at one point, but even my awesomeness didn’t injure them too badly. They were strong, and for a moment, I was even starting to doubt my ability to win. Then I remembered how cool I was.

Pete reached for an electrical wire, but got his hand slapped away by the makeup one. Andy, Joe, and Patrick were trying to make good use of whatever they could find. I started thinking of Winona.