Status: Updates on Sundays

Why Don't You Just Drop Dead?

Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On a Bad Bet

“Okay, we can’t go back home, we’re being chased by a pack of psychopathic vampires who are trying to kill us, every other gang of vampires around here hates us, Winona is missing, and we have no plan. Aren’t we lucky?” I quipped. I tried smiling a bit afterward, but the scrapes on my cheek prevented that. The black eye didn’t help too much either. I still looked hot though, and with all the injuries, I had a pretty sweet bad-boy look going on.

“We can fix this, all I need is a quiet place to think for a bit. I’m sure this isn’t an impossible situation.” Patrick sighed. He was looking pretty beat up too, with some tiny cut marks on his chin and what looked like a broken nose.

“Not impossible? We’re fucked!” I laughed. “There is no possible place to go. Park? Vampires. Mall? Vampires. Library? Vampires. Anywhere in this godforsaken town? Vampires!”

“Well, we are hunters…” Joe pointed out. He sported a nice gash on his forehead.

“Yeah, but we’re five people up against hundreds, maybe thousands of vampires, all of which hate us.” Pete mumbled.

“We could always go to that old mental hospital down town. It always seems to be deserted.” Patrick suggested. I was getting seriously annoyed by everything. It was one thing to try to kill us all, it was another to take our prisoner-but-not-really-much-of-a-prisoner-more-like-a-friend.

“It’s creepy there, though… I don’t like it.” Andy said, still trying to avoid moving his now scabbing-over face wound.

“What choice do we have?” Pete growled. So we went to the old mental hospital. I’d never been there, but I heard some old stories about the place. There were tales of blood dripping down the walls, screaming down the corridors, old spirits on murderous rampages, all that kind of stuff. Of course, it was all pretty much bullshit. It was just a big old building full of torture tools and what not, which was pretty fucking cool. We passed under a gate proclaiming the hospital “Sunny Fields Mental Institution”. Great choice of name.

“Well, at least it’s quiet.” Patrick sighed. I swung open the massive metal doors and we headed inside, walking silently down the hallway, into a large room with lots of tables and chairs. Probably some sort of rec room. Everything was going swimmingly at first. No noise, no danger, no vampires. Well, then we heard some screaming and things got complicated.