Status: Updates on Sundays

Why Don't You Just Drop Dead?

This Ain't a Scene it's an Arms Race

So, Winona went insane. She cut herself in the middle of a room filled with very angry vampires. That is something you have to be insane, brave, or stupid to do. Maybe she was all three. But goddammit, I wasn’t just going to leave her there with those monsters. Pete stared at the cut for a while before trying to usher us all out of the building, having me move Joe in front of us, as he was still unconscious. Outside, we found a badly wounded Brendon and a still-dying William. Patrick stared at them, not bothering to help or hurt either. Pete and Andy were distracted by Joe, who was still unresponsive and lying on the grass.

I took that as an opportunity to go back and help Winona. I ran back inside and found the room that we were in. It was covered in blood, scratches, and overturned furniture from the fight. There was no one to be seen. I snuck around the hospital until I finally found her. Just like Gerard had apparently planned, she was locked in a padded room with a little window on the door. I made the door unlock and brought her over to me. Unconscious, pale. If I didn’t hear a heartbeat, I would’ve thought they bled her dry. That, and the fact that no one locks a dead body in a padded room. That would just be stupid.

“Have you learned nothing?” I heard Gerard’s voice behind me. I bolted because damn, that guy’s scary as hell. I tried to lock every door I could behind me and keep them closed for as long as possible. That didn’t really help when you’re dealing with teleporting vampires. Winona stirred and I almost dropped her. I decided that holding her with my arms would be a lot easier and give me a greater percentage of my telekinesis to work with. Frank and Ray appeared in front of me just as I made it back to the wrecked rec room. I banged their heads together to knock them both unconscious, then pinned them against the ceiling and watched them fall. Bodies are kind of like rag dolls.

Funny. Mikey pounced onto my back, causing me to fall and drop Winona.

“Oh shit.” I whispered as he pinned me to the ground with a knife in his hand. When he was about to plunge it deep into my chest, Winona happened to decide that it was about time to wake up. She tackled him to the ground, leaving him stunned.

I grabbed Winona’s hand and whispered “Run!”