Status: Updates on Sundays

Why Don't You Just Drop Dead?

What's This?

“So what do you like, princess?” I was sure he was leaning in to make me uncomfortable because it was definitely working.
 
“What’s it to you, porcelain?” I quipped. “Kidnapping me wasn’t bad enough? I have to deal with you as company too?”
 
To say I was bitter about being taken was an understatement. I tried to tune him out by focusing my Sight again. I could only unfortunately see my own future unless it was an involuntary fit. Those usually ended with bloodstains and passing out on the carpet.
 
The hunters would bring home four pizza boxes for dinner. I’d be lying somewhere, but my subconscious could smell it. Figures they’d pig out on something so disgusting.
 
“Earth to Winona- Winona?” he repeated.  “Patrick! She hasn’t blinked for a whole episode of Red vs. Blue, and it’s creeping me the hell out.”
 
I pushed past the outside noise and tried to see farther- maybe find when I’d get to go home.
 
 
“Her eyes are going backwards!”
 
Too far. I shut my eyes and let the telekinetic bastard worry for a good minute before falling asleep. I was dead tired.
 
“Don’t touch me,” I snapped, sitting up. Patrick had been taking my pulse, but I grabbed my wrist back.  “Not with those greasy fingers. At least put on some gloves or something.”
 
He sighed, but let me yell at him. There was a notebook resting on his leg, filled with some sort of chicken scratch I couldn’t be bothered to make out.
 
“Can I take a look at your eyes?” Surprisingly polite considering the way he treated the Dandies when they were out hunting. “It’s better if you give me permission rather than having Oliver do it.”
 
I certainly didn’t want Oliver’s invisible extra hands prying my eyelids open, so I sat still while Patrick shined lights in my eyes and then flipped the lights on and off to examine my pupils.
 
“They’re just eyes,” I whined, growing tired of the game.
 
“Just a few more, Winnie.” He looked tired too.
 
“You are NOT allowed to call me that!” I screeched, knocking over both his notebook and the lamp that was providing the room with dim light.