Status: Updates on Sundays

Why Don't You Just Drop Dead?

Homesick at Space Camp

Eventually, I’d been forced to eat a slice and a half and Oliver pushed me into a room that wasn’t his and locked the door behind me.
 
“Just until we trust you, princess,” he reassured me through a small window in the door, brushing his blonde hair out of his eyes. “There’s a bathroom with a shower in there. The windows are all barred, so don’t try anything stupid. Oh, and Patrick might swing by to grab some blood from you later.”
 
I cringed. Being around vampires had gotten me completely panicky about blood.
 
“Oh, does that bother you? I’ll send him in now.” 
 
I didn’t give him the respect of answering. Instead, I hid in the bathroom. I was feeling ill from the pizza anyway, and the tile floor was slightly comforting.
 
“Be nice. Let them trust you.”
 
“William?” I whispered. “Where did you go?” I was used to his voice in my head whenever he went away.
 
“Just to the next base, Winona. Try and lighten up. Learn what makes them tick, their weaknesses. Can you do that, sweetheart?”
 
“Yeah,” I agreed. “I’ll try that.”
 
Dragging myself up off the floor, I dug around in the drawer under the sink for a hairbrush. I struggled to make myself presentable, with my dress torn at the hem and dotted with oil stains from when the idiot shoved pizza down my throat. I brushed my hair and sat primly on the edge of the bed in the room.
 
“Winona? Oliver said you were okay with the bloods being done now- Pete, stop looking like that, you’ve had three shakes today so you’ll be fine- so if you could just stay right there, that would be great. Pete’s afraid you’ll bolt as soon as I open the door so he’s just going to stand guard.”
 
“Alright,” I agreed as he pulled out a small needle and a few vials. “How about after this I make some cookies?” I squeaked as the needle went into my arm. “I’ve been a b-bit rude, haven’t I?”