Status: Updates on Sundays

Why Don't You Just Drop Dead?

Alone Together

I got the strangest feeling that she didn’t like me. I wondered why. I’m a pretty nice guy, I saved her pizza, I let her stay in my room a lot longer than anyone else, and I even made telekinetic coffee. How cool is that? That’s like the most awesome thing ever. What’s there not to like? Well, maybe I should act even nicer than I already have. It’d be hard, but with a little bit of effort, I’m sure even I could pull it off. Then again, I don’t like effort. It requires hard work and I already get constant headaches from using my telekinesis non-stop. Eh, I’ll just stay the same.

“Winona offered to make us cookies, so I’m going to go shopping for ingredients,” Patrick said, grabbing his coat and a stake. He never left without one. “Pete is standing guard outside her room, Andy is practicing combat, and Joe is preparing the blood slides. Oliver, make sure nothing happens to anyone. If the Dandies come for her--”

“Yeah, I know. Destroy the research. You tell me every time you go out,” I grumbled. The door slammed shut behind him. Cookies. I never could see the appeal in them. They were always in those little hard to open plastic bags and they were as hard as rocks. Sure, I guess they tasted kind of nice, but who wants to eat little sugary stones? I sighed and went to check on the princess. Pete stared at me like he was hungry, probably from the smell of her blood. I made him his fourth shake of the day, which he drank straight from the blender as always. Maybe five humans were too much to handle for him.

“Go in. I’ll tell you if anything bad happens,” He said, nodding towards her door. She was staring off into space once again. Was she practicing? That would make a lot of sense.

“Hey princess,” I said. No answer. “Hey!” Louder. “Hello?!” Even louder. She wasn’t answering for anything. I started poking her instead.

“No! Get your grubby fingers off of me!” She shouted, snapping back to the present. I floated around the room and finally ended up sitting next to her on the floor.

“Guess who’s going to babysit you tonight?” I chuckled. She rolled her eyes and moved to the other side of the room. It’s kind of unfair how she got the biggest one in the house. She even got her own bathroom and everything. “Yep, that’s right, yours truly. The guys are going hunting and you’re pretty obviously not trusted enough to stay here alone.” With that, I floated back out the door. I like floating. Gives you no chance of tripping when you’re trying to make a dramatic entrance/exit.