Status: Updates on Sundays

Why Don't You Just Drop Dead?

Growing Up

“Sure, I wouldn’t mind giving you some of my old clothes, as long as you let me help you change into them, princess.” I winked. Her hand immediately smacked me across the face. I guess I kind of deserved that.

“Okay, fine, just take my clothes. I’ll get them.” I sighed. I froze her in place until I got back, just so she wouldn’t escape or call for help or anything. I found an old black t-shirt and a pair of very baggy jeans. That should do nicely. When I got back, I let her move freely again. The other guys were just leaving. Andy said they had to go to a bar first to pick up a girl. I guess he was acting as bait tonight.

“The cookies ready yet?” I asked. I was actually getting kind of excited for them. I’d eaten about half of the cookie dough and it was pretty much the best thing I’d ever tasted. Way better than those cookies Joe brought home for me sometimes.

“No, it’ll be about five more minutes.” She said, checking the timer. Now that we’d talked all about her, it was about time we talked about my favorite subject. Me.

“So princess, aren’t you wondering how a kid with magical powers ended up with a bunch of hunters? It’s a really interesting story.” I asked, tossing her the clothes.

“Not really, no, but go on I guess.” She sighed, motioning for me to turn around. That’s no fun… but I kept the door shut tight.

“So I was apparently born to some teenage girl in a tiny little town in texas. She promised to give me to some nice couple in Los Angeles, which she did. They happened to die in a fire when I was about six, so I got sent to an orphanage, which I ran away from at ten years old. Bumped into a couple of vampires one day, they tried to turn me. Then in comes Patrick, Joe, Andy, and Pete. They kill the things, I follow them home. Voila. Life story in a nutshell. I told you it was interesting.” I smirked, turning around. She was fully clothed and taking the cookies out of the oven. Finally!

“Yeah, I guess that’s pretty interesting.” She said, not even bothering to offer me a cookie. I moved one over to me and bit into it, promptly burning my mouth.

“Holy shit ow!” I screamed. She giggled. I made her giggle. Success!

“So your highness, what do you want to do? They’re not going to be back until at least two in the morning, and it’s only eight now. We’ve got all night.”