Just Us

Spotted

"Is this okay Michael?" My dresser asked. I nodded and stood back to observe myself in the mirror. I giggled with excitement as my white shirt hung loosely from my toro and my arm brace fit perfectly.
It was November 11th, 1991 and I was shooting the video for "Black or White" which is one of my favorite songs. My dresser left the room and I couldn't help but twist around and almost fall with joy.
I had anticipated this video shoot for weeks and constantly smiled at the thought of finally seeing the finished product. I fixed my hair and walked out onto set.
"Michael, great we need to get started." John Landis, my director, stepped out form behind the camera and clapped his hands together like he always did and gestured me to my spot. We began by shooting the scene of me dancing with the Indians. I stood in my place on the high up pedastal and waited for the cue.
We hadn't rehearsed this scene because I wanted it to be more like we just spontaniously started dancing, so as to get a better effect for quality.
He called playback and I started singing. That was maybe one of my favorite scenes because I wasn't being told what to do so I just did things. It felt great!
We finished the scene and moved onto the scene with me atop the Statue of Liberty's tourch. It was almost an exact replica of the real thing which made me feel like I was in New York.
I asked if we could have the fans going so it would seem like I'm acutally standing on the tourch. The fans blew the tiny strands of hair form in front of my face and I inhaled the sweet smell of hard work and determination. I closed my eyes and imagined I was in New York harbor. I loved New York, aside form the traffic, it was a great city.
I opened my eyes and gasped with awe.
A woman with black hair walked in front of the fan. Her head seemed to be enveloped by black and she flipped her head to fix it. I leaned on the rail and watched as she walked into another room. I wanted to follow, but John called for play back.

She would have to wait.