Status: Written and finished :)

What a Night

2

At around seven o’clock I shut off my computer and turned off the lights. I was the last one in the office just like every other night.

When I got home to my apartment I heard nothing. It was silent like no one was home.

He must not be here. I wonder where he went off to. I thought as I walked from room to room in search of my lovely boyfriend that I missed so much. It was in my bedroom that I found him. He was fast asleep in bed. It looked as if he had flopped down on the bed and fallen asleep instantly. Josh still wore his suit and dress shoes from his trip, but his tie was laying next to him on the bed. He was gorgeous and looked so innocent laying in bed. His slightly shaggy light brown hair was a mess and his gorgeous grey eyes were shut tight. The innocent looking man looked so small in my king sized bed even though he was 6’4” and easily towered over my 5’4” frame by a foot. His face looked so childlike, when in all actuality he was 28-years-old. .

I smiled at him and went into the walk-in closet to change out of the pencil skirt and five inch heels I wore all day. I went out to the kitchen to make sure that dinner was almost done before I woke that beautiful man up.

“Hello, Ms. Jones. Is dinner ready?”

“Yes, ma’am.” I cringe when she said ma’am. I hate when people who are older than me call me ma’am. It makes me feel so old. Ms. Jones was around 60-years-old where as I was merely twenty-six.

“Thank you. I am going to wake Josh up and we will be out in a minute. Please do have the food set out on the table and ready for us to eat,” I called over my shoulder as I padded back to the bedroom on the other side of the huge apartment. I peeked my head into the room to still see him sprawled out on the bed. I walked into the room and sat down on the bed close to his head and leaned down and gave him a little kiss on his cheek.

“Josh, honey, It’s time to wake up. Dinner is ready,” I spoke lovingly while I ran my hand in his hair with a feather light touch. He moaned and cuddled his head in my hand. I’m sure my eyes sparkled at that moment with the delight that he was mine.

“Josh, wake up. We will go back to bed in about two hours. I know this isn’t your first choice, but you must be famished.” I tried again. He slowly opened his eyes and gave me a small tired smile but his eyes showed his love.

“Come on, Josh. I’m sure those clothes are uncomfortable. I am going out to eat in the dining room. Why don’t you get dressed into something more comfortable and meet me out there. Also, if you are not out there in five minutes I will come back here and pull you out of bed,” I threatened, but we both knew it was an empty threat. There was no way I would be able to pull that 250 pound man out of bed, but he got out of bed anyway, laughing the whole time. I giggled and went to eat.

When Josh got out to the dining room he was in his pajamas and still looked sleepy.

“You know that it’s still one o’clock in the morning in London?” he asked with a cute little grin on his face.

“Yes, I know that Josh, but you're not in London. You're at your home in New York. You need to get used to this time zone, not sleep the day away. Plus, if I would have let you sleep you would have woke up at one o’clock in the morning wide awake,” I teased him with a lopsided smile.

We ate and had small talk. Dinner was delicious and I was exhausted with all the work that I had done.

“Come, let's go to bed, sleepy head,” Josh stated with a grin that showed he had a mischievous thought. Within two seconds he had me over his shoulder and he was carrying me to bed like I weighed nothing.

“JOSH!” I screeched laughing, “What are you doing? Put me down!”

He threw me on the bed and let out a hearty laugh that I missed so much while he was gone. He climbed into bed with me and I laid my head on his chest.

“I missed you.” I whispered.

“I missed you, too. Now it’s time to go to bed. I love you. Good night.”

“I love you, too. Good night. Sweet dreams.”

I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep not touched by nightmares that had terrorized me for the week he was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you think :D