I'd do anything just to fall asleep with you.

First installment.

My first thought was WHY.

Four more years, and I would be eighteen.
If they would wait four more years to get married, after the 24 that they already have, I wouldn't have to pack his stuff, I could just stay in the same place. My mom would just be able to leave, and I would get to stay here.

But I'm not leaving for a couple months, at least till the end of the school year. I haven't even spent a year at this school, they shouldn't be able to take me away already. I haven't even been taking guitar lessons for a year yet. I started last August, and my teacher says I've made good progress.

My hometown, Silentriver, is and always has been my favorite place I've ever lived. And I've moved around a little. I've lived here for a whopping six years though. I know the place like, to use a cliche, the back of my hand. Every place I go here, people know me by name. Really, I love it here. Especially the libraries- there are three within walking distance.

But I'm not going to be leaving that easily. If anything, I'll stay with Elisabeth or Mariane. Or maybe my wonderful boyfriend Cadence.
Yes, I'm gay.
If you have a problem with it, maybe you shouldn't be reading the story of my life.

Cadence, or as his friends called him, Caid, was the best part of me. My refuge and refugee. Whenever there was a problem with either of us or our families, we went to the other's house to get away.
But the only problem was, my estranged father and his seemingly estranged mother were the only ones that knew, and they didn't talk to anyone that had anything to do with us.

As soon as I found out... well, technically once I got past my mom, my phone was out of my pocket and I was speed-dialing Caid.
It was three and a half rings before he picked up.
"Hey Brendyn."
"Hey babe. I got a problem."
"Wanna come over and tell me about it?"
"Yeah... but don't get mad at me. Please?"

-----

I knocked three times on his door, and he opened it. "Hey gorgeous."
"Hey. Now let me in, I need to tell you something!"
"Okay."

We walked up to his room, and plunked ourselves down on his huge, supercomfy, feathersoft bed. 900thread count Egyptian cotton sheets. They were so wonderful, and I recall sleeping on them once or twice. Nothing happened with us though... but I digress.

"So, what's the problem babe?"
I paused a minute, figeted, looked at my hands, and finally said, "I have to move."
"What? Are you being serious, or are you just playing a sick joke on me Brendyn Bonnevito."
Caid was pretty much what someone would call deathly gullible, and I might've used it against him once in a while.
But not this time.
"No baby, I'm being totally honest. I mean, why would I joke about having to leave?"
"Oh. Do you want to stay here for a while? I mean, I could ask my dad, you could ask your mom, and you could stay here for about a week if you have to."
"A week sounds okay, I mean, I'm a little mad at my mom right now because she says I have to start packing everything that's in my tiny, less-than-80-square-feet bedroom tomorrow. Yeah, like i'm going to start that soon, I'll still be here for 5 more months. If I start now, then I won't have anything in my room in half a month."
"Oh, okay, well you should really call your mom so you can get this okay-ed."
"All right."

He left to go ask his dad about me staying, and I pulled out my phone to call mom.
"Hey mom, I gotta ask you something."
"Yes Brendyn?"
"Can I stay over at Caid's for a while? I need some time away."
"Okay honey, just make sure to call before and after school so I know you're not skipping."

Oh, now I know she's not entirely okay with it.
She's not a big fan of Caid, she's sort of a homphobe and she knows he's gay. But she doesn't know I am.
But Caid's dad knows I am, and he's not a homophobe, but he still doesn't know Caid is gay.
As long as we don't let them catch on that their own kids are gay, we'll be fine.

"Good news babe, my dad says it's okay."
He waited till I was off the phone to tell me this, because he knows my mom would freak.
"My mom says it's ok too."
"Okay, well you might want to look at the clock, because it's like 10 pm."
"Whoa. Yeah, it's kinda late. Let's go to bed. Oh, I need to steal some of your pajamas."
"Okay, here." He pulled open his dresser drawers and tossed me an old tee and some baggy flannel jammie pants.
"Thanks." I went off to the bathroom to change.

When I got back from changing, he had already finished changing and was jokingly beckoning me onto the bed.
"All right, but only if you don't try anything!" I said, also joking.
With goodnight hugs and kisses exchanged, we fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah, first chapter.
in a sense, it's sort of autobiographical, because i moved here from my hometown of six years to a place i had never heard of, let alone been to. my mom was getting married to her highschool sweetheart after 24 years, so that's why.
so the first three and a half paragraphs are my life in absolutely perfect detail, except some names were switched around because i really don't want stalkers.
but i'm not a guy, or gay, or leaving my boyfriend, so it's really not entirely autobiographical.

~Brendynnn.