Status: A scary story to shock you!

The Dogwood Tree

Chapter 3: Stormy Night

Layla was acting weird that same day. John was upstairs and heard something crash downstairs. He went and saw Layla standing next to the basement door. Before John said anything she said "Want some coffee?". John forgot what he was about to say and nodded his head. That night Layla had another nightmare at the same time, 12:00. It was a thunder storm that night flashes lit the room. John woke up to her crying softly and breathing heavily. "Hon, whats the matter?" John said. Layla stopped and said "Nothing". She laid down and went to sleep. John waited till she went to sleep and went to the basement. The curiosity was stabbing him. He went down into the basement and turned on the light. He saw the coffin laying there but something was wrong. He laid the shovel on the wall before but the position changed. Instead the shovel was in the hole. John began thinking and remembered. He saw Layla next to the door. She must have saw the coffin. John felt a sharp pain in his stomach. Layla seemed scared when John woke up. "Oh no..." "Why does this need to happen?". John stared at the coffin and walked towards it. He unlocked the latches and began to open the coffin...