Status: On hold, while I edit chapters and plan future chapters.

The Struggle of the Underdogs

Introduction

In the verdant plains of southwestern Indiana, there was a town so small, a map would never glorify it. The name of the town was Noodle, a strange name that always confused its citizens, for nobody knew what urged the town founder to give it such a weird label. Some thought that the founder merely picked a random word out of the air, completely indifferent to the effect the name would have on the town and the citizens. Others believed that the founder chose Noodle as the name because he had previously worked in a pasta shop. And many snickering adolescents mockingly wondered if it was because his favorite dish was Garlic Butter Penne.

Noodle was known to be a quiet, peaceful town , usually never the site of any sort of petty drama or conflict. Everybody knew each other because of the town's miniscule size. The youth of the town were schooled in a single elementary school, junior high school, and high school, because the percentage of youth in Noodle was alarmingly low. In Noodle High, there were only about 300 kids total, and rumors always spread like wildfire. The high school was always ruled by the "popular crowd", jocks and cheerleaders who looked down on anybody not in their clique with cruel disdain and contempt. Nobody dared to challenge them, lest they face the wrath of dozens of teenage bullies.

The social setting of the high school would be forever changed during the 2013-2014 school year, when one girl destroyed the hierarchy of the students by pointing out the major flaws in those who belonged in the "popular crowd". She accomplished this with the aid of her keen intellect, and other skills that always took her peers by surprise. On September 1, 2013, she entered the halls of Noodle High, not knowing that her very presence would permanently change the school for the better.