Status: Active

New Perspective

Chapter 3

Holy fucking shit.

“Wait,” Sarah said standing up and holding her finger up “I thought you were in charge of a studio building, how do movie contracts relate to that?”

“Well, turns out that its not just the studio okay?” I said and she just smiled really wide. “No we cannot go exploring, that’s exactly why I didn’t tell you.”

“You suck.”

“Are you still hungry?”

“A little.”

“I thought so.”

“So what are you gonna do? You need to go in,” she took the contract out of my hands, more like ripped out of my hands “today at 2 and convince them to start the production of the second movie. Good luck.” She said throwing the contract in my face.

“You’re coming with.”

“Why? I have things to do.”

“If by things you mean Ryan, he can wait, well technically you can wait till he texts you.” I said smiling and she just started acting like a child who just got denied for desert before dinner.

I looked at my phone and yet again, I was on schedule.

“Today fucking sucks.”

“You’re telling me, you’ve been lugging me around with you all morning with no food.”

“Sare, stop complaining and eat a snickers or something.”

“Are you saying I turn into someone horrible when I’m hungry?!”

“No, not at all, I’m just saying that judging by the commercial it’s a quick snack that helps delay hunger for a bit.”

“No, Eden, you are saying that because when I am hungry I am a horrible human being, just like all of the hungry people on those commercials!”

“Just go eat a fucking snickers before I shove it down your throat.”

“Yes, ma’am.” She snapped sarcastically. Oh she also flipped me off when she was walking out of the office.

“Love you too bitch! Be ready in two hours and make sure you look presentable enough for a business meeting! Not a corner of the street meeting like last time!” I screamed hoping to get a reaction out of her. I heard her running into the room and I just tried to stifle my laughter.

There she was with a fist made with one hand, half a snickers in her other hand and the rest of the candy bar in her mouth. She chose not to wait till she chewed her food and proceeded to yell.

“You talking to me? You talking about this?!” she screamed pointing at her shirt. “This is a motherfucking presentable outfit! And you know what? You see this?” she said pointing at the writing on her shirt. “It says fucking Run To Me and you fucking know what? He fucking did!” she finished off with throwing the rest of the snickers at my head, which I thankfully ducked.

“Okay so the snickers commercial is false advertisement then..” I mumbled under my breath. “Go order pizza hut or something. Please.” I told Sarah and she quickly got on the phone.

While she was doing that I had to have all of these crazy scenarios in my head about the meeting. I’m going to be a hot mess.

“Pizza’s here!”

“Damn that was quick. I like this town!” I smiled as I walked into the kitchen and sat at the dining table.

“It wasn’t that quick, I had to wait for like forty five minutes, you were probably just zoned out.”

“No shit, I’m so worried about the meeting. I want everything to go well. I know I’m mature and responsible enough to be here, now I just gotta prove it to myself and to all the people working in the company that I can fucking do it. And its hard cuz they’re all old!”

“Quit your bitching, you’ll be fine!” Sarah said waving her hand around and I believed her. If she can believe I can do it, then I should be able to.

For the next half hour we just ate our pizza and breadsticks and just had a little chitchat.

“So did Ryan text you yet?”

“No.” she replied with a frown.

“I’m sure he will, he’s probably just a little bit busy, I know he’s supposed to be in the studio with his band for quite a while, I think till like three something.”

“Oh, thank God, cuz I was starting to freak the fuck out, he’s too damn cute!”

“Yeah, he looks so much better in person, doesn’t he?”

“I fucking know right!” she exclaimed which made me laugh. I looked at the time and told Sare that we needed to start getting ready. She just nodded, grabbed another pizza and ran upstairs. I followed her after I finished my breadstick. It was so damn delicious I didn’t wanna leave it!

It didn’t take me long to get changed because I just needed to change my shirt and add a jacket. I grabbed my bag and ran out to the car.

We took my car and it only took us about twenty minutes to get to the business building. I was pretty much freaking out trying to come up with the right things to say and yet nothing was coming to my mind. I guess I’ll have to wing it.

“Eden, don’t worry, you’ll do great, you always have.” Sarah gave me a reassuring smile.

“I like you a lot better when you’re not hungry, you are such a joy to be around.” I smiled at her and she just grimaced.

We walked into the conference room and everyone looked at us. What a wonderful start. The meeting didn’t start for another five minutes so I had some time to prepare myself. What I basically did to set up is opened my MacBook so I could at least look professional. That’s it. I just hope no one would actually look of what’s on the screen, because I don’t think that Battle Monkeys will convince anyone of my intentions.

Right before the start of the meeting Chris Columbus, Craig Titley, and Logan Lerman all walked in and took their seats. It was my job to convince the writer to give us the rights to the second book, and of course they all needed my help. This show business world is so messed up, this is why they have lawyers to solve their issues, not late teens.

“Okay, well, first of all good afternoon.” I smiled at everyone trying to act as nice as possible even though I was freaking out on the inside. Sarah on the other hand was on the phone texting someone. Probably Ryan. “Today we’re here to show our dear guest Rick Riordan that the next Percy Jackson movie will be a bigger success than the one that came out. Also it will bring more fans to his novels.” I continued and the rest of the business gathering was a blur. I basically kept babbling using a bunch of big words that I barely knew the definition of, but I think it worked. I know Sarah was fooled because she was just looking at me with so much fascination even her mouth was hanging open.

Although I knew for a fact that I impressed Sarah, I wasn’t too sure about anyone else. I felt really anxious as Rick Riordan consulted with his publicist and his agent.
“I have decided that I am going to give you the rights to continue making Percy Jackson movies, all of them.” He smiled and I let out a huge breath I didn’t even know I was holding in. I grabbed Sarah’s hand and she smiled at me, then she dropped my hand and started grinning at her phone.

“Great job out there.” A voice behind me said. I turned around and it caught me a bit off guard. It was Logan. Damn he’s handsome. He seemed pretty shy though as he said that.

“Thank you” I smiled trying to seem as normal as possible and he smiled back. Awe, he has a nice smile too!

“Actually, thank you, you just got me into another movie.” He said laughing clearly out of nervousness. Maybe he’s just shy when meeting people? ”We’ll I gotta go, but I’ll call you, and thank you again, you’re awesome.” He smiled again. He held his hand out and I shook it, which made him smile even more.

When Logan walked away more people came up to me to shake hands and thank me for today. It felt nice that people appreciated what I did. That was a first.

“I told you, there was nothing to worry about.” Sarah said and finally took off her glasses.

“No you didn’t.”

“I’m pretty sure I did.”

“Whatever, let’s go home.” I rolled her eyes and started walking out of the room.

We went outside and it was still so bright out and I really changed my mind about going home.

“Let’s go home and change and then go to the beach.” I decided.

“That’s random.”

“Oh please! We have to go to the beach!”

“But I’m tired!” she whined and I just narrowed my eyes at her.

“Now you know how I felt this morning when you kept bitching in my ear when I was trying to fall asleep. Now it’s payback time and if you want to sleep then you better do it on the beach.” I said pulling out of the parking lot and going home.

“Before we go to the beach we’ll probably need to stop at a gas station, we’ve been driving all day now.”

“Yeah, you’re telling me.” I mumble waiting for the light to change to green. “This traffic sucks.”

“Yeah it does.”

When we got home I raced to my bedroom to try and find my bathing suit. When I did I quickly changed into it along with my cover up and then ran downstairs. I grabbed a couple of energy drinks for Sarah and myself (three for her and one for me to be exactly just so she wouldn’t fall asleep) and then sat down on the couch waiting for her.

It took her like an hour to get ready. Once she came down I was shocked.

“You curled your hair to go to the beach.” I stated.

“You can’t just go to the beach without perfect beach curls. That’s like a law!” she said flipping her hair and I just rolled my eyes getting off of the couch and leaving.

“Let’s go you diva.”

“Okay.” She said trailing behind me. “Can I drive?” she asked.

“Sure.” I said tossing the keys to her and then I got in the passenger’s seat.

“Thank you.” She smiled starting the car and then driving.
I had to find the beach on the GPS because neither of us exactly knew the area so we had to look it up.

Once we got there it was nice to see that there weren’t too many people there. Most of them probably left to go home or something so it was nice. Once Sarah parked the car we got out, took our shoes off and started walking towards the water to lay our blanket down. I handed Sarah one of the energy drinks and I took mine as well.

We were just laying there getting a tan for a bit until I felt the blanket move and I opened my eyes to see someone totally familiar looking, but yet that person was a stranger.

“Who are you and why are you laying on my blanket?” I asked and the guy rolled over to his side leaning his head on the palm of his hand and smiled at me.

“I am Brendon and you are Sarah, right?”

“Wrong, I am Eden, Sarah is on the other side of you.” I explained and pointed to her. She opened her eyes and they widened a bit.
“What’s Brendon Urie doing on our blanket?”

“I don’t know, he never answered.” I replied and then looked at him waiting for a response.

“Cuz all I got is my surfboard and it’s not that comfortable to lay on in the sun because it gets hot pretty quickly, you know?”

“Brendon what are you doing?” I hear someone else yell and I look behind me and see Ryan with the rest of his band members. Oh! Now I know why Brendon seemed so familiar.

“I found them!” Brendon shouted back and I just shook my head and then laid back down.

“Why are you laying on their blanket?”

“See I’m not the only one who found that weird.” I told him and he just frowned. “Sorry dude.”

"Hey, you guys wanna go surfing?" was his response and I just gave him a funny look. “What?”

“Do I look like a surfer to you?” I asked and he just started nodding. “Sure, I’ll give it a try.” At that his eyes widened.

“Are you meaning to tell me that you have never surfed?” he asked and I just shook my head.

“I know how to snowboard and skateboard so I suspect it would come easy.”

“Alright, let’s do it.” he said jumping up like he had consumed ten pounds of sugar and pulled me up with him.

“You don’t even know me.” I said all of a sudden and he just shrugged his shoulders.

“So what?”

“Never mind.” I mumbled and then I caught a glimpse of smiling Sarah. I threw her a questioning look and she just shrugged. Then I looked over to Ryan and he instantly hid his smile as well, when I figure out what they’re up to I’m gonna kill them.

“Alright you can borrow my board.” Brendon smiled and grabbed it. The board was laying right next to me and I never noticed. I can be so oblivious at times I swear. “Let’s go, stop standing around!” he nearly shouted and I let out a sigh. What am I getting myself into? I swear this feels like babysitting. Like when the kid is making you color with him or something and you’re like okay, I’ll do it.

“I’m doing this for you, I hope you know that.” I said pointing at Sarah and she just smiled wide mouthing a thank you.

I threw my sunglasses in my bag and ran to the water where this character of a person was waiting for me.

“Alright, so the main thing is to stay on the board, as long as you have balance you’ll be fine.” He explained like I was three years old.

“Just give me the damn board.” I said taking it from him and then running into the water.

“Do you want me to come in with you?” Brendon shouted and I rolled my eyes and ignored him.

When it was about waist deep I laid down on the board and started peddling further out. I could hear Brendon panicking about something but I didn’t pay any attention. I kept on peddling and then waited.

After about ten minutes I started seeing a nice wave on the horizon. I turned the board around and waited. I could feel it getting closer so I started peddling again. When it came time I got on the board and I was right, it felt just like snowboarding! Just a lot less stable. More rocky, or is the proper term wavy?

I was pretty far from the shoreline so it took me a while to surf back. I didn’t fall or anything and it felt so satisfying to see everyone back on the beach with their mouth’s hanging open. Then I got to where Brendon was, stepped off the board landing in two feet of water, then I shoved the board into his chest and went back to lay on the blanket.

“Where did you learn how to surf?” Sarah laughed.

“Washington state.” I replied.

“What? Oh, your snowboarding trips, gotcha.” She smiled and then turned back to talking to Ryan and the other dudes. I wasn’t sure what their names were but from the conversations I noticed that their names were Spencer and Jon.

“You cheated!” I heard a now familiar voice yell. “You said you have never surfed before!”

“Bren, leave the poor girl alone.” Jon said.

“Please listen to your friend.” I said putting my sunglasses on and laying down. I was enjoying myself till I felt a shadow over me. I opened my eyes and saw Brendon with his arms crossed. “What now?”

“Why are you so mean?”

“Why are you so annoying?”

“I asked first.”

“This is exactly what I mean, you are a grown man who acts like a child.”

“And you’re an extremely rude person who thinks she’s all that.”

“I don’t think I’m all that, where the hell did that come from. You asked me to go surfing, and I did. What else do you want from me?”

“Maybe for you to be a little bit nicer?”

“Well I’m sorry, but why is it so important that I’m nice to you?”

“Because it would be nice to get along with someone who I’d be spending quite some time with.”

“And why would you be doing that?”

“Because Ryan and Sarah like each other that’s why. And Ryan is one of my best friends and we spend a lot of time together and you and Sarah are best friends and spend a lot of time together so I figured we would be spending much time together.”

“That’s a horrible reason for us to be spending time together.”

“I’m sorry, Ryan, but I’m done here.” Brendon told him grabbing his board and then started walking away.

“Eden, really?” Sarah exclaimed.

“What?” I asked and she motioned to Brendon’s trail. “No, he’s annoying.”

“And you are awfully mean. He was just trying to be nice.” She replied and I started to feel bad. I should be able to get along with him if I wanted to make Sarah happy, and that’s what I really wanted so I put all of my pride behind me and said the most horrifying thing at the moment.

“Fine, Ryan, give me his number and I’ll call him so we can have another shot at being friends. I’ll apologize and everything. I’ll even ask him to hang out if that makes you two happy.” I said rolling my eyes and getting my phone out. Sarah seemed a lot happier as Ryan gave me Brendon’s number. “Now I’m gonna go home and get a shower and shit, can you guys give Sarah a ride home later?” they nodded and I grabbed my bag and my car keys and drove myself home.

All of this sounded like such a bad idea. Well if they wanted me and that annoying kid to get along, I might as well invite him to go clothes shopping with me. At least it will be fun for one of us.

I got my phone out and dialed his number. After three rings there was an answer.

Who’s this?” a voice full of food or I don’t know what responded and I felt kind of disgusted.

“It’s Eden.” There was a long pause and I heard swallowing.

What the fuck do you want?

“Wow what a great response.” I said with sarcasm.

Well you’re a bitch so that’s what you get. Now what do you want.

“Sarah and Ryan want us to get along so I decided to give it another shot. I am sorry for the things that I have said and I think we should hang out and give our friendship another try. Our potential friendship.” Yet another long pause.

You’ve got a nice body so I’ll give it a try.

“You are disgusting.”

And you’re a bitch.

“You said that already.”

Where should I meet you?” he said completely ignoring my statement.

“Starbucks at the mall.”

I’ll be there in like an hour.” Yippee.

“Okay, see you there.”

Bye hot stuff.

“Fuck you.” And with that I hung up the phone. This friendship will never work out. He’s too cocky and too damn annoying.

After hanging up the phone I really wanted to boil it to get rid of every germ that might come through the phone from him. I kinda felt disgusted to hold it so I threw it on the couch. Then I ran up and took a shower washing all of the salt from my hair and my body.

Once I got out I changed into something casual, got my stuff and ran out the door not looking forward to seeing that manchild again.

As soon as I walked in to Starbucks I ordered a large caramel latte with lots of sugar and crème. It was so good. Then I sat down in one of the booths. Looking at my phone it was getting pretty late and Brendon was still nowhere to be seen.

“I can’t believe you did that.” There he is.

“Did what?” I asked sipping on my latte.

“You got coffee without me.” He said pointing at my plastic cup. Here we go again.

“Was I supposed to wait for you?”

“Yeah, that’s what people do when they’re on a date.”

“First off, I don’t like you, second off this is not a date, third off when you’re on a date a girl is not supposed to wait for the guy to show up that’s just rude.” I said continuing to sip on my latte. He just gave me a weird look then went to get himself a cup of something when he got back he sat directly across from me.

“So what do you want to talk about on our pre-date?”

“This is not a pre-date. And I have a proposition.” I said and I could tell he was all ears.

“How about we pretend to be friends but actually never talk to one another.” I smiled and he started shaking his head and I started whining. “But why? We don’t like one another!”

“Not true. I like you, you’re cool. Mean, but cool.” He replied and I just slammed my head against the table. “You really don’t like me do you?”

“I’m sorry, I don’t know what it is, I just don’t.” I admitted and he frowned looking a bit hurt. Then that disappeared.

“You really are just a bitch aren’t you?”

“Sometimes. But not as bad as Sarah is when she’s hungry and I had to deal with that shit all day.”

“So maybe you don’t like me right now is cuz you’re stressed out cuz Sarah was mean to you all day and now you’re letting it out on me.”

“No, I just don’t like you.”

“Well then.” He said widening his eyes and then looking away from me.

“Alright enough of that friend crap let’s go shopping.” I announced Brendon just raised his eyebrows.

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Get your ass up before I start kicking you till you bleed.”

“You are a violent bitch.” He mumbled getting up and walking out making sure to slam the door in my face. I took a deep breath and continued walking after him.

We walked around the mall in silence for about half an hour. Then I saw a familiar cute figure. I smiled a bit to myself and thankfully Brendon didn’t see it or I would be in hell right now. Not longer after I noticed, the figure turned to look at me and waived with a smile. Then he started walking towards Brendon and I. I guess there is one good thing that will come out of this play date.

“Hey Eden.”

“Hey Logan, what are you doing here?” I asked.

“Alex dragged me here cuz she needs new sunglasses, what about you?” this is when things got complicated.

“She’s on a date with her boyfriend.” Brendon said at the same time as I said, “Babysitting a manchild.”

“Oh? So which one is it?” Brendon and I said the same thing again so I stepped on his foot.

“You are the worst girlfriend ever!”

“I’m not your girlfriend!”

“Are you saying you’re breaking up with me?” Brendon yelled and I was ready to choke him.

“I guess this isn’t the best time, I’ll call you? Maybe?” Logan said with a small smile.
“Bye.” And with that he walked away. As soon as he was out of the hearing range I turned to Brendon who was smiling really wide.

“Feeling satisfied?” I asked and he nodded. “I hate you. Thank you for ruining something that meant quite a lot to me.”

“Well obviously it wasn’t that much if he walked away.”

“Because you made me look like a fucking bitch!”

“Which you are.”

“Only to you because I don’t like you!”

“Why is that?”

“Cuz you do shit like this.” I said getting really frustrated with him.

“This is the first time I did shit like this and that’s just a payback for calling me annoying. Everyone loves me and you hate me from the first second.”

“You invaded my privacy when you randomly laid down next to me.”

“Hey if a pretty girl like you would lay next to me I wouldn’t mind.”

“You just don’t do that! And did you just call me pretty?” I asked looking confused.

“Well I do that, and yeah I did.”

“What is wrong with you?”

“I told you, I like you.”

“You thought I was Sarah and then you send a guy that I like away!”

“I knew you weren’t Sarah, Ryan pointed her out before I laid down next to you, I just wanted to find out what your name was, and of course I would send him away I don’t want anyone thinking you’re available.”

“I can’t believe this shit. You are insane. And I don’t like you even more now!”

“Why do you hate me so much?”

“Because!”

“Why?” he asked stepping closer yet again invading my personal bubble.

“I just don’t okay?” I said pushing him away.

“I just hope that that changes soon.” He said looking me in the eyes. “Now lets go buy you some stuff, shall we?”

“Really? Now you’re gonna be nice?” I mumbled walking next to him.

As we were walking he found the perfect time to put his arm around my waist. Without saying a word I pushed him away. He didn’t give up and kept doing it over and over.

“Okay that’s it!” I turned to him. “I’ve had enough of this shit, I’m sorry but I can’t stand being around you especially when you keep doing everything to irritate the shit out of me!” at that he just kept smiling.

“Sarah would be really upset.”

“I don’t care right now! You are horrible! You’re not supposed to treat a girl who hates you like that!”

“Jesus just calm down! I’ll behave myself, let’s just give this another shot.”

“Swear to behave yourself?”

“Swear. Now let’s go to Victoria’s Secret.” That was the last straw.

“I’m out of here.” I said turning around and walking towards the exit. I heard footsteps behind me and that just got to me even more. What could he want from me? I know he doesn’t like me he knows I don’t like him and I know he’s just doing all this to get back at me for being mean to him.

I started walking faster but it was no use because Brendon was getting closer to me. All of a sudden he grabbed me by the waist and picked me up. I started squirming in his grip as he carried me outside. What is he doing? He used one hand to open his car door and then stuffed me in the passenger’s seat. He then got in the drivers and without saying a word he started backing out of his parking spot.

“Where are we going?” I asked and there was no response. While we were still moving slowly I opened the car door and jumped out making him hit the breaks full speed.

“Get back in the car!” he shouted driving next to me as I walked towards my car. I completely ignored him. “Please. For Sarah?” I just stopped and waited for him to stop the car as well. Then I got back in the passenger’s seat. “Thank you.” He said sounding clearly annoyed by me.

He kept driving in complete opposite direction from my house for about ten minutes. When I guess we reached the destination he parked in the driveway and got out. Went around the car and opened my door motioning for me to get out. I just folded my arms across the chest.

“Please get out of the car.” After contemplating for a second I did and followed him inside.

“Is this your place?” I asked and he nodded as I followed him to the kitchen.

He opened the fridge and got two beers out handing me one. I opened it and took a gulp. He did the same. I then sat down on one of the stools at the breakfast bar. He just stood there opposite of me.

“Why did you bring me here?”

“So that you can see that you can trust me and so we can talk without anyone around.”

“I don’t think that will make a difference.”

“Maybe not yet but after a few beer bottles maybe it will.”

“Why are you so desperate to be friends with me?” I asked taking another sip.

“First of all, I think it would be better for Ryan’s and Sarah’s relationship. Second of all, as I said before, I like you. You’re feisty.”

“Okay I believe the first part, not the second.”

“But it’s true.”

“But I don’t think it is.”

“You’re impossible.”

“Some people say so.” I said and then finished my bottle. “Can I get another one?” I asked and he nodded getting another one from the fridge.

There’s been an awkward silence for quite some time now. Neither one of us knew what to talk about. But that kind of gave me some time to process his actions.
Maybe I just don’t want to believe that he might like me. He’s probably just trying to get in my pants or something. He seems like the guy that might possibly, in his previous lives, maybe uses girls.

But he looks like such a sweetheart too. When his mouth is shut that is. He’s cute too, I guess. I haven’t really had time to notice his smile though. I’ve spent too much time resenting everything that came out of his mouth.

All of these thoughts made me realize that I am getting pretty buzzed from all the beer because by now I was on my fourth bottle and Brendon was on his fifth or sixth now.

“Wanna go in the living room and watch some TV or something?” he asked his speech getting just a little bit slurry.

“Sure.” I said and then followed him out of the kitchen.

We sat down on his couch and since I was feeling a little tired so I laid my head in his lap

“Getting comfortable?” he laughed.

“You know you were so cute when you were quiet.”

“Oh? I’m cute now too? I should’ve brought beer to the beach then.”

“Please be quiet.” I begged.

“Anything for you baby.” He said chugging the rest of his beer.

“Don’t call me that.”

“Alright sweetie.”

“That either.”

“Alright, alright.” There was a pause before he continued. “I really like you though.” He then started playing with my hair, which felt so nice.

“And I don’t understand why. You don’t know me and I was a bitch to you.”

“You’re still very pretty and by the way you were mean to me it seemed like you like me too.”

“Brendon, only elementary schoolers show affection like that.” I laughed earning a chuckle from him as well. “You forgot to take me shopping.” I mumbled.

“No I didn’t, you ran away.” He mumbled back and I opened my eyes and looked up to see him smiling down at me.

“Because you wanted me to go to Victoria’s Secret.”

“That’s only because I’ve never been to one, I was just curious.” He said sounding so innocent it made me laugh. “It’s not that funny.” He said laughing too. “Get up for a second, I wanna throw the bottles away.” He said and I got up and then laid back down when he walked away.

I started drifting off and the last thing that I remember is someone laying a blanket on me and kissing my forehead then saying goodnight. All I know is that I got a lot of thoughts to process when I wake up.

“Why are we going to the beach now it’s the middle of the damn night.” I laughed as the figure walked me down the damp sand to the water.

I was wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top and even though it was the middle of the night I didn’t feel cold. It was just nice.

“Because I want to show you something.” The figure responded putting his hands over my eyes.

“What are you doing?” I asked putting my hands over his and to try to find some balance from walking on little mountains of sand.

“Look.” He said removing his hands from my eyes and I opened my mouth in awe.

“This is beautiful.” I said completely mesmerized by the subtle glow coming from the full moon reflection on the water. “Thank you.”

“Anything for you my darling.” I heard a slight whisper as a pair of arms wrapped around me kissing my neck. I closed my eyes enjoying the moment feeling like I belong somewhere as my body relaxed into the one standing behind me.

Eventually we sat down on the cool sand and kept watching the moon. The figure holding me leaned over and whispered five words into my ear.

“I really like you though.”

“What the fuck!” I screamed sitting up.

“Good morning to you too!” I heard the voice from my dream say. You have got to be fucking kidding me.

“Fuck you!”

“You know you are a lot nicer when you have some alcohol in your system.”

“Sorry, just had a bad dream.” I replied rubbing my eyes and dragging my feet to the kitchen where Brendon was at.

“Coffee?” he asked and I nodded as he started pouring me a cup. “And you looked like you were having a pretty nice dream you were smiling and all.” He laughed and I just glared at him.

“Did you watch me sleep?”

“No, when I woke up I came down to check if you were up and you were all smiley and sleeping.” He explained and I just nodded. “Was it a dream about your Logan?” he asked in a baby voice clearly teasing me.

“No, if that was the case I would be waking up in a good mood.” I said taking a sip out of my mug. “This is really good coffee.”

“Oh my God, was that an actual compliment?” he said putting his hand on his heart and I just rolled my eyes.

“Whatever, just be happy I’m civil.”

“I am, it’s nice. Maybe we could actually have a normal conversation.” He laughed and I joined him. Then he sat across from me I’m guessing to try to have a small talk.

“So what do you want to talk about?” I asked sipping more of my coffee. God it was delicious.

“Well Ryan told me you and Sarah just moved into town, what’s the story behind that?” I tried to give him the shortest answer possible because I didn’t really feel like talking about it.

“Anything else?”

“Do you have a boyfriend?”

“Really Brendon, we were having a nice conversation and then you go ahead and ruin it.”

“What? It’s a simple question yes or no?”

“Well obviously no because you ruined my shot at having one yesterday!”

“That’s because you can totally do better than that.” He mumbled drinking his coffee and I huffed in frustration. I can’t believe him.

“Alright now I have a question for you.”

“Go ahead, baby, I’m an open book.”

“Don’t call me that.” I said with my eyes narrowed and he just winked at me.

“Why did you bring me here and then gave me beer? Were you expecting something to happen?”

“I was hoping for something to happen, but yet I didn’t want anything to happen because it’s not what a gentleman would do. I feel like that would be really disrespectful to you if I were to do that.”

“But you look like a guy that does that for living.”

“Occasionally, I’m just kidding. I don’t do that shit. Unlike some people I respect women.” Wow I was impressed. Maybe there’s some potential there.

“That’s good to know, but you keep calling me baby and shit and you keep irritating me.”

“Because I like you, how many times do I have to tell you that?”

“I want you to stop telling me that.” I said looking him straight in the eyes.
This is where he put his mug down walked around the breakfast bar and spun my stool around so I could face him. He was still holding on to the counter behind me having me locked in looking up at him.

“What if I don’t want to.” He whispered leaning closer and closer to the point where I could feel his breathing on my lips.

“Then I would hurt you.” I replied which earned a smile from him.

He just stood there for a couple more seconds making everything more and more awkward.

“Just let me know when you change your mind.” He said placing his hand on the back of my neck and resting his forehead on mine. “I really like you. I don’t know what to do. The first time I saw you is yesterday morning at the studio. I knew I had to have you. No matter what. I try to be fun I try to be nice and everything but you are..”

“A bitch.”

“Exactly!” he laughed shaking his head. “Fuck it.” he said with a frown.

“Fuck it.” I repeated his statement and leaned up to kiss him.

I could feel that he was shocked but it barely took him any time to respond to the kiss. He picked me up and put me on the counter so we could be on the same level since I was much shorter than him.

My fingers kept running through his hair occasionally tugging at it ends earning a growl from him which made me even crazier than I was when I got myself in this situation.

“Dude where the fuck are you?!” someone screamed and Brendon practically jumped away from me and quickly started fixing his hair as I jumped down from the counter returning to my stool pretending to finish my coffee. “Oh hey Eden what are you doing here?” Ryan asked and I just shrugged my shoulders.

“Brendon brought me here cuz he’s so damn desperate to make friends.”

“Dude take the poor girl home.” Ryan laughed and Brendon just grimaced at him.

“Fine, let’s go you needy.” He mumbled as I followed him out.

“See ya later Eden, we’re probably going to be at your house pretty soon.”

“See ya then, come on dude.” I snapped at Brendon and he just flipped me off.

As soon as we got in the car there was an awkward silence.

“What the fuck just happened.” He said running his hands through his hair and then rubbing his face.

“Just drive me home and let’s forget this ever happened, shall we?”

“No way! I’m not forgetting that. I can hide that from everyone but I’m not forgetting that.”

“Alright then, we’ll hide it from everyone then.” I said and he looked at me with a smile.

“Okay.” He replied taking my hand in his as he backed out of the driveway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter is really random in the beginning, originally when this story was written it was that random with every chapter but I decided to rewrite it so it's just a Panic! story, thank you for dealing with the randomness and I hope you still liked the chapter!

Comment or subscribe or whatever you decide to do!

Thank you for reading :)