Cold and Dark

Chapter 6

I have to warn you lovely readers, I started to progessively get more aggrivated while writing this chapter, so it really sucks. Please forgive me in advance, for I ended up kind of rushing this chapter to try and get it done because I just wanted to be done with it. So it's not going to be as epic as you all thought it was going to be. This might be my last chapter, I'm not sure if I want to end it here yet.

Pitch and Jack had spent the entire day preparing for the fight taht night, going over strategies and what not. As the time drew near for them to go fight the Guardians, Jack had noticed how truly ready he was for this. "Alright." Pitch said softly. "I believe it is time to go." He smirked at Jack, who returned the smirk. "Let's go then." They had planned to attack the Guardians without warning, get them off guard. After they had left the tunnels, Pitch called his Nightmares and told them to stay nearby in the shadows intil they were needed, and the Nightmares snorted and disappeared then.

Pitch chuckled and he and Jack began flying towards the worshop of North. Earlier when they had looked at Pitch's globe, there had been only one believer left, so that meant the Guardians were at their weakest now, and that definitely pleased Pitch. He had one of the Guardians on his side, and the other three Guardians were not believed in anymore. Also, the balance between fear and not was off since he had gotten rid of Sandy, so there had been more fear in the world, thus making Pitch stronger. And since Jack had joined his side, that had given him that much more power.

"What are you thinking about?" Jack asked as they continued to make their way towards North's workship. "Oh, nothing really." Pitch said, chuckling softly. They were soon coming upon the workship, and Jack and Pitch both looked at each other and smirked, and the Nightmares whinnied distantly from wherever they were hiding. "Are you ready?" Pitch purred as they now stood in front of the door, and Jack nodded softly, clutching his staff tightly in one hand and flying up to the roof to wait a few minutes for Pitch to enter and throw the Guardians off guard a little.

Pitch disappeared and then materalized on the Globe, and the other three Guardians looked up, obviously astonished. "Well, well. It's nice to see you all like this. You look awful." the Nightmare King taunted as Nightmares appeared along with Jack. The winter sprite smirked as he came up beside the Guardians, riding a Nightmare. "Jack..." Tooth said sadly, and North sighed, Bunny's ears flat against his head. "You don't wanna do this, mate..." Bunny said. "I don't? But I think I do." Jack said. "You rejected me. Now you have to pay the price." He shrugged.

"Enough with the chitchat." Pitch said, rolling his eyes. "It's time to drive Santa and his lackeys out of the North Pole." Black sand swirled around the glove, and the Nightmares riled up, causing the Guardians to tense up. "You want to drive us out? It won't be that easy, I can assure you... The farthest we go is outside." North said angrily. Pitch chuckled and nodded. "That will do for now, I suppose." he drawled. Tooth fluttered away and North limped out the door with Bunny on his shoulder. Pitch floated down from the globe, and just as planned, when he got outside, there were Nightmare surrounding the place. The Guardians looked distraught, and Jack was smiling with glee, as was Pitch.

"You looked surprised. Were you not expecting this?" Jack shouted, motioning to the Nightmares. "We were just hoping maybe you'd changed your mind about what side you were on." Tooth said, a sad look in her eyes. Jack smirked and rolled his eyes. "Just give it up already. I'm not coming back to your side." he said, and the Guardians looked at each other. "I'm frightfully bored now." Pitch drawled and Jack chuckled as a few of the Nightmares snorted. "Fine, you heard the King." North growled. "You better watch who you're challening." Pitch taunted. "Watch your mouth, mate. North and Tooth may be weak, but I can still pack a punch." Bunny said, holding up his little paws as if he was going to take Pitch and Jack on by himself.

"Oh, how cute, honestly thinking you can take us on." Jack said, rolling his eyes. "Let's just move this along, eh?" Pitrch said, and he nodded his head to signal the Nightmares, and they ran forward. The Guardians, to the best of their abilities, tried to fight the Nightmares. Jack jumped off of the one he was riding, floating above the scene, observing for a moment before lunging forward. North looked up just in time to avoid Jack. "Jack, think about what you are doing." he yelled. Jack wasn't listening, and a Nightmare almost got North, but he managed to block somehow, even though he was weak. Jack looked at Tooth and Bunny, who were also maning to block Nightmares to the best of their abilities.

Pitch made his way towards North, scythe in hand and North glared up at him, ready to fight back. When Pitch swung his scythe, North, arms shaking, held up his swords to block the attack, and Pitch grunted softly. Jack was fighting Tooth, and the Fairy was doing a fairly good job of countering Jack's attack even without being able to fly at the moment. Bunny was fighting Nightmares, kicking at them with his hind legs. As Tooth and Jack were fighting, Tooth was trying to get him to come back to the good side.

"Please, Jack, you have to understand that we need you right now, more than ever." Jack swqung his staff and Tooth dodged it. "The children need you, too." Jack growled. "Stop it, just stop!" Because Jack had not given in to the darkness entirely, it was difficult for him to want to keep holding on to it, and the good part of him wanted out. "I can't change, and I can't go back to who I was. Why can't you see that?" He swung his staff again, and Tooth barely out out of the way. "But you can change, Jack! There is always time to redeem yourself. Think of Jamie! Think of us! We all need you. Jamie is the only believer left and he needs you."

Jack's eyes flickered momentarily between red and green. Pitch noticed something was up and started to float towards Tooth and Jack, but then there was a burst of light as Jack let all the darkness go, and all the light back in. The Nightmare King flinched away from the light, screaming "No!" as he put his hands over his face. The Guardians smiled as the Jack they had come to love and accept was now standing before them again, smiling. "Hey, didja guys miss me?"

"Jack!" Tooth said happily, and North and Bunny merely smiled. Jack turned to an irritated and frightened Pitch and smirked. "Looks like you're not as strong as you thought, seeing as you couldn't keep a good hold on me, eh?" Pitch's eyes widened slightly as he gritted his teeth. Jack swung his staff at Pitch, who countered it with his scythe, knocking the staff out of the way. "Get out of here, Pitch." Jack warned. "I will get you back someday, Frost, mark my words." Pitch growled after a moment of silence, and he snapped his fingers and he and his Nightmares vanished.