Status: Enjoy. (:

Los Angeles

and all the old ones too.

After the baby shower, I had been invited out with Sara and a few of her friends to a bar. I told her I'd meet her back home soon before her and Jared had stepped out of the hall and began setting things away by myself although Pat and Tim told me that they could stay after to help. I told them that it was no big deal and they were free to go home since I knew very well that they were just as tired as the next person.

Removing the few things I had needed from the hall, I exited the hall and gave the key back to the owner who was waiting patiently outside with me. The elder man gave me a smile before we had departed ways and I had thanked him for his help, going back to my car where I climbed in and set the table cloths, extra napkins and paper plates and food that no one really cared to get into the backseat.

The drive hadn't taken too long back home and once I was parked in the driveway, I quickly climbed out with everything in hand and made my way up to the door. I stepped inside and looked around to see that Jared was seated on the couch with the remote in his hand as he watched the local news while Sara came out of the room every now and again to ask Jared about where she had put some of her things.

Jared took the things from me to place them in the kitchen and I gave him a smile as a thank you before I walked into my room to start getting ready for the night. I found that Sara wore a pair of tight jeans and a nice loose blouse to go along with it with a pair of her Louboutins. She looked nice and I almost wished I had a figure like hers.

As I entered my room, I looked throughout my clothes until I had found a floral bralet. I slid it onto my body and searched until I had found my high waisted black skirt. I slid it on and found myself suddenly boosted with plenty of confidence. I entered through the bathroom and plugged in my hair straightener since my curls were still somewhat present. I straightened out the curls, listening as I heard a few people piling into the condo as they greeted Jared and Sara.

Once my hair was finished, I started on my makeup and decided to look like someone different for the night. I didn't want to look like my normal self and by the time I had finished, I looked like someone completely different. I never wore too much makeup and half the products I did use either went to waste or were given away. I hardly wore foundation because I never saw the point of it and blush was another downside for me. But tonight was the night that I went all out.

After I had everything that I could possibly need along with my black clutch that held my money, cell phone and a few makeup products such as lip gloss, eye liner, etc., I made my way into the living room to find Sara in the kitchen with a few of her good friends and sister who was declared her maid of honor. What I didn't expect to see was John seated on the couch with Jared, a beer in one hand and an arm wrapped around a different girl of the night.

This girl looked more familiar. She had long brunette hair that ended near her shoulder blades and she wore a v-neck with a pair of skin tight jeans along with a pair of black boots. It took me awhile to see who she was and soon enough, I realized it Deanna.

Deanna played softball with Quinn and I throughout high school. We didn't talk to each other as much as she associated with the other girls. She was fairly quiet and when her eyes had met mine, a smirk formed on her face. She knew very well that John and I used to date, mostly due to the games he came to and the games I went to for his team. We were inseparable and everyone could see it. Anyone that knew us then had a hint of jealousy.

I stepped past them and grabbed my flats from the closet where most of the outer wear was kept. Once the flats were on my feet, I felt a pair of eyes on me and looked over to see John's green irises watching my every move. I rolled my eyes and made my way through the kitchen and to the small deck outside where a table and few chairs were set. I sat down on one of them and took a deep breath of the Arizona breeze to calm myself until I heard the door sliding open and then shut. Looking over, I had found myself in the company of John again.

He sat down on the chair across from me with a slight frown on his face. Why was he frowning? He didn't seem at all effected by what he was doing to me. He was almost spiteful of me and I wondered why, considering he was the one that had made everything wrong between us. I wanted to hate every little thing about him, but I just couldn't.

"Why were you talking to Jeremy?" John asked as he drunk what was left in his beer bottle and set it down on the table top. His eyes stayed on mine as I gave him the oddest look I could give anyone. Why did he suddenly care who I spoke to anyway? "Jeremy is the biggest womanizer in the world, Lily. He'll hurt you worse than anyone else has."

That's when I began laughing. I laughed and laughed and didn't care how much worse John had felt in the end. He looked away from me, his eyes on the grass of the yard as he listened to my laugh as if it were the last one he'd hear. I almost enjoyed it.

"It's so funny you speak of Jeremy this way. And the fact that you call him of all people a womanizer shows that you know nothing of him." I said in the most harshest tone I could manage. I didn't care if I was hurting his feelings or showing him how much I didn't care what he did at this point.

"I'm just wondering what the hell even happened to us, Lil." He whispered quietly which could break a heart, but it didn't come close to breaking mine. I showed no emotion around him anymore and I always promised myself I wouldn't do that because he didn't deserve the satisfaction of it.

Walking through the sea of bodies, I made my way towards the empty kitchen where beer cans and bottles were littered. The few people that were in the kitchen were busy passed out on the table or even possibly on the cold tiled floor. I didn't drink much, but when I did, I promised myself I wouldn't black out and pass out the way they did.

"Hey, Lily!" I heard coming from the living room as an enemy came zooming my way in her high heels and skin tight pink strapless dress. I rolled my eyes and turned my back towards the girl, taking a small sip of the liquid that left a sour aftertaste in my mouth. "Lily, I'm not going to hurt you or anything. I'm just supposed to tell you that John wants you." I raised an eyebrow as the girl spoke because her and John never spoke to each other. They hated each other as much as we did. "He's upstairs, first bedroom to your right."

Once she had exited the room, I furrowed my eyebrows and gulped down what was left out the beer in the bottle and set it down on the empty spot on the counter. I had lost Quinn awhile ago only to hear her on the back porch speaking to Kennedy and Sara who were arguing with her and telling her that it wouldn't be good idea to take another sip of the strong liquor she had. I guessed she was pretty shitfaced, so instead of getting involved, I headed upstairs and past the people on the staircase who were acting like drunken idiots.

Once I had reached the second floor, I listened to the numerous couples who were either locking lips or arguing about stupid things. I rolled my eyes and was suddenly glad that John and I weren't as stupid as most of them.

I got to the door and opened it, suddenly hearing the moans and groans that quickly stopped when I stepped inside. I thought I had reached the wrong bedroom, but sure enough, it was John. He quickly jumped up along with the girl. The two were completely naked and they were shielding themselves with the sheets on them. I gaped when I realized who the girl was.

Her name was Nichole. She was the lowest of the low. She was worst than the enemies I had. She was beautiful though and I could never compare. Her blonde hair shined and flowed down her body and her makeup was slightly messed up from the amount of kisses and whatnot the two had shared. The thought of them together in bed made my stomach turn and I quickly exited the room once I finally gained control of my legs.

"Lily!" I heard John yell from the hallway after he managed to pull on all his clothes and shoes and he chased me down the stairs and outside.

The tears in my eyes couldn't be controlled and as they fell, I could feel myself having to stop because the tears clouded my vision but they wouldn't fall. He grabbed a hold of me and pulled me towards me. I was pressed to his body, but it didn't make anything better. He smelled of her cheap perfume and even through my blurred vision, I could see the red lipstick on the collar of his shirt.

After I had gained control of my emotions, I pulled back from him and my hand instantly made contact with his cheek. I had heard a loud smacking noise from it and his face had become red soon after. I bit my lip and shook my head before walking away from him as he stood there with a frown on his face. He did this to himself.


"You really hurt me, John." I told him, despite the horrible memory popping into my mind. I looked down at my hands before standing up from the chair and crossing my arms over my chest as I had made my way towards the sliding door. "I don't love you."

That was the last thing I had whispered to him after I had entered the home and I swear, I could see his eyes becoming glassier than before.
♠ ♠ ♠
So in this one, you get to see a little bit into their past. In my opinion, I really enjoy it. I think in the next few chapters that I do make, you'll be able to see more into the past or hear more about it. (: