Status: Enjoy. (:

Los Angeles

remember when we met

7:12 PM MST
Chandler, AZ
June 22, 2013


It seemed that after my first meeting with John, we didn't exactly click. I mean, I did go to one of his gigs and I did meet the friends he surrounded himself with, but that was the only thing I really knew. I didn't truly know what his home life was like, what his favorite music was; The kinds of things good friends really shared with one another.

After his gig, I was invited out to one of Tim's house parties since Pat and Tim's parents were vacationing in Hawaii for the week. Tim seemed very optimistic about me coming and Quinn dragged me home from school that Friday so we could go out and find clothes for the shindig.

We walked through Sears, looking for something appropriate to wear. Quinn had found a dress that was tight enough to show her coke bottle figure while I had grabbed a pair of black jean shorts that were fringed at the bottom and a crop top shirt with the help of my best friend. After we had bought what we had needed and made our way into the blistering heat, we climbed into my Blazer and I immediately turned on the air conditioning as we both sighed once the cool air had hit us.

"Do you like John?" Quinn immediately asked me as I sat there, trying to enjoy the cool air coming from the vent. I furrowed my eyebrows and thought for a moment, although I knew nothing about the boy that I so little knew that I was destined to be with.

"John's cool. I just don't know him well enough to like him on that level." I told her with a shrug as I put the truck in drive and began driving out of the fairly large parking lot. "What about you and Kennedy?"

"Me and Kennedy?" Quinn asked with tons of enunciation on the words. "The boy annoys me and he smells like my grandpa. Why would I want to date that?"

"Your grandpa smells like B.O. and whiskey. Kennedy smells just fine." I commented before the two of us had burst into laughter.


It was seven in the evening and here I was sat with Quinn's brother, Jeremy. I remembered in my high school years how the two argued over every little thing. They even confided in each other and I was almost jealous.

I remembered when Jeremy announced he was heading off to the military. I remember Quinn staying up all night on the phone with me crying her eyes out because all she could think about was losing the one boy she had ever come close to letting in. She believed he was too weak to do anything, but he sure proved everyone at home wrong. That was when Quinn had finally given Kennedy a chance since she saw everything in a new way.

"Did you like the alfredo, at least? If you didn't, I can go throw a fit and be manipulating." Jeremy had suggested as he watched me with a raised eyebrow as I picked at my food. I let out a laugh and shook my head, twirling a noddle around on my fork.

"What made you want to be in the military, Jeremy?" I asked bluntly and instantly regretted it when I saw the look on his face. He wiped his mouth off with his napkin and sat back in his chair, giving me the kindest smile I had saw all night.

"Well, after Dad left, I realized that me being some kind of weakling wasn't going to cut it for my family. I was the man of the house." Jeremy started, staring me straight in the eye which at one point I almost found uncomfortable. "So, to pay my way through college, I went to the military. I became a Sergeant and my unit had become my new family away from home. I'm happy with the life I chose. What about you? Why are you back in Arizona, Ms. Lily?"

How could you tell the guy you liked that your ex-boyfriend and best friend had lured you back into Arizona with only a plea?

"Quinn needs me right now. She's like a sister to me and without her, I don't know where I be. And with Kennedy being some kind of musician, she's going to need someone there." I stated with a shrug as Jeremy nodded and went back to eating the lasagna he had picked out.

"So, you're kind of like Daddy #2." Jeremy joked as I burst into laughter.

"Something like that." I answered with a nod.

* * * *


After my successful date with Jeremy, he dropped me off at home and gave me a soft kiss goodnight to which I noted that he was a fairly good kisser. I stepped into the house and touched my lips to where I felt his until I was interrupted by Jared's yells at the television.

I stepped further into the home to find John, Jared, and Pat sitting on the couch. Their eyes shifted to me once they realized I was home as I slipped off my heels and let out a sigh of relief.

"Have a nice date?" Pat asked dreamily only to get hit by a pillow from Jared. Pat glared as his friend only smiled, causing me to chuckle and roll my eyes.

"The date was amazing. Now, I'm going to bed." I said with a smile as Pat smiled even wider to see my happiness. John showed no expression whatsoever and I wasn't surprised at his excitement.

As I stepped into my room, I slid off my jeans and see through blouse to only be left in a black tank top and my underwear. I was searching through my drawers until I heard someone barge in. I jumped in surprise and turned only to see John standing there with a groan. Did he ever go home?

"John, leave." I stated sternly as I slid off my tank top. He shut the door behind him and sat down on my bed as I slid on a pair of my plaid boxer shorts and a t-shirt to match. I soon grumbled as I was turned and in the arms of John once again, his lips roughly connecting to mine as I pushed him off.

"Why do you keep pushing me away, Lily? You know that we love each other. Fuck Jeremy." John stated with a frown as he was pushed away, moving to sit back down on the bed. I sighed and looked at the sad expression he was giving me and for a moment, I believed it.

"John, we want different things in our lives. It's already been proven. I just need you to calm down and be my friend right now. I miss having my boy best friend, you know?" I told him as he sighed and slowly stood up from the bed to exit the room. Before he had done so, he stood near the door and stated:

"There's a song for you on the new record. If you listen to it then you'll know it. Anyway, I have to leave."

And with that, he was out the door quicker than a snap.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't been on here in awhile due to internet difficulties since I'm now limited. Anyway, I hope you somewhat enjoy this chapter. I think it's alright; I've got some confidence in it. :)