Status: In the works :)

Sammy Boy

Chapter Six

Holy shit, that dog can shed, Mackenzie thought as she vacuumed her apartment. There were long blonde hairs everywhere: the kitchen floor, the rugs, her bed. He was here for one frickin’ day.

Once she was finished cleaning, Mac sat down with her computer and continued to work on a project for a charity event that was happening in downtown Pittsburgh. Her PR firm was chosen to promote the event and it was Mac’s first big assignment.

She was proud of what she had done in order to get the word out about the event, Love for Lilly. Lilly was a four year old who passed away that summer from Leukemia and the hospital – who already had plans to add an addition for the families that had to stay long-term – had chosen to dedicate the new wing to Lilly. The hospital wanted to get some new computers and games to take their minds off of their illnesses for a little bit.

Lilly’s family was going to be in attendance as were many community members. They hoped to raise enough money necessary for the cause. Mackenzie’s PR firm then went to work to create an advertisement that suited the event’s needs.

As she typed on her computer, her mind wandered back to Sidney. She thought about his light brown eyes and the crinkles that surrounded them. The eyes had a brightness about them even though his face looked a bit tired.

She thought maybe exhaustion and fatigue had disguised themselves in the unfortunate appearance of “jerk.”

Maybe he was a good guy who was overwhelmed with work or family or something.

Maybe he wanted to take care of Sam, but something was holding him back.

This train of thought made Mackenzie think that she had been too hard on him. Plus, he did offer to “make it up” to her and she shot him down.

You’re being ridiculous, she thought. You literally met the guy for half a second. But as she continued working, her thoughts floated back to his jaw and lips. You only think he’s cute because he raised a dog as boss as Sammy Boy, she told herself. That was it. He was cute because Sam was cute.

And so, Mackenzie stored Sammy Boy and Sidney in a compartment of her brain that she would shut off until she was finished.

Love for Lilly was next Friday and she had to get this done.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone! Once again, thank you for all the support and love this story has received! I love writing it and I hope you enjoy reading it :) This is a bit of a filler, but it'll all work out, I promise <333 COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT. Xox, Anna