Status: In the works :)

Sammy Boy

Chapter Eight

Mackenzie loved Sundays. They always seemed so stress free. She had always been “that student/worker” that got her work done on Friday afternoons (Saturday mornings at the latest.)

She rarely ever made plans on the final day of the weekend; Sunday had always been her day where she was able to do whatever she pleased: get some coffee, browse a local bookstore, grab a bite to eat.

Mackenzie loved to do stuff for herself. One of her favorite things about being a working adult was the independence: she could do whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted. If she wanted to sleep until noon, go for a bike ride or buy a cake and eat it by herself, there was no one to stop her.

As she woke up at eight to make the most of the day, Mackenzie knew that back home her family would be waking to go to church and then watch the Bears preseason game at noon. As her brothers and dad watched the game, her mom and sister would be preparing for Sunday dinner.

While Mackenzie’s dad was Scottish, her mom’s side was a big Italian family and all of her grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins came over every Sunday to catch up, rest and laugh.

Mackenzie missed her mom’s cooking more than anything else. Pasta, lasagna, chicken, – any food imaginable – her mom always managed to make the best she’d ever eaten.

Mackenzie hadn’t been able to go back to Chicago since the move, but was planning on coming home for Thanksgiving and her mouth watered at the thought.

She missed her family and the food but put them in the back of her mind as she made her way to her favorite coffee shop: Bean There, Done That. It was how she liked to start her Sundays in Pittsburgh: their coffee was always freshly brewed and they made the absolute best glazed doughnuts she’d ever tasted. She also loved the atmosphere it provided: there were funky pieces of overstuffed furniture throughout the shop and the people always seemed so peaceful and content while sipping a latte or munching on a scone.

However, when she turned the corner, there seemed to be a new addition to the front of the shop…

Sammy Boy? She crinkled her forehead in confusion as the dog got up, instantly recognizing her. Mackenzie quickened her pace to get to the dog sooner, a wide smile on her face.

“Sammy Boy!” she exclaimed as she pet the dog. “Fancy meeting you here.” The dog responded with a swipe of his tongue to her hand, tail wagging. She giggled, and turned as the bell above the coffee shop door rang.

Sidney.
♠ ♠ ♠
CHAPTER SEVEN IS ALSO UP SO BE SURE YOU READ THAT ONE BEFORE (or after if you already read) THIS ONE.

I wanted to get both of these up because Chapter Eight is short and I kind of left you guys hanging with Chapter Six. So, please enjoy and COMMENT! It is much appreciated :)

And too bad about the Penguins :( I wanted a Hawks/Pens final! But I will say, Sid looks a whole lot sexier without the beard ;)

Xox, Anna