Status: in progress c:

My Mom and His Dad

Chapter 11

“Kellin?”
“Yeah mom?” I called back, sitting up in bed, rubbing my eyes and looking at the clock. Why is she getting me up at 6:30 am?
“Come and do your weigh-in before school.”
Shit. Vic has been making me eat more often. I mean, I threw it back up few times but I’ve eaten much more than usual. I can barely see my ribs anymore. I ran to the bathroom and shoved two fingers down my throat. It took a few tries, but it wasn’t long before I threw up the little bit of food I ate yesterday.
“Kellin?!” my mom called. I could hear her voice getting closer, so I slumped in front of the toilet and hung my head low. Maybe faking sick could get me out of it….
“Ugh, what did you do now? Go off and get sick?”
I nodded weakly and coughed a few times.
“Alright, well, next week, you’re getting weighed. You’re not going to school like that either, so get in bed and rest. I’m going to work.” She stated before walking off.
I waited until she left to get up and get dressed. I wasn’t going to school but I’d do something with my day. I went into the kitchen and ate a slice of toast while checking my Facebook. Someone had messaged me. I tapped on the inbox to reveal its contents and rolled my eyes when I saw “Oliver Sykes.” I was about to close it but my curiosity got the best of me.
“Alright, you little cunt, you win this round, but Vic will never love you. You’re an ugly little fucker. I bet your mum doesn’t even love you. You’re so skinny. I bet she don’t feed you, either. Go cut yourself some more. Maybe you’ll get attention this time.”
I was in tears by the end of the message. I had had enough of Oli. You know what, Oli? If it’s cutting you want then fine, I’ll do it. I slammed my phone down and sprinted to the bathroom and throwing the door open. I went to the trash and found the razor I broke before and took out a blade, digging it into my upper forearm. After making three deep cuts, I trashed the blade and slumped down against the tub, holding my arm in my hand. I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the cool ceramic, feeling the blood trickle down my arm. The sound of my phone ringing came through the wood of the door but I ignored it and dozed off.
“Kellin?! KELLIN?” I was being shaken roughly. I blinked a few times and opened my eyes fully to find Vic hovering over me.
“Kellin? Kellin, answer me. Can you hear me?” he yelled.
“Y-Yeah I can hear you.” I mumbled.
“You need stitches. We’re going to the hospital.” He said.
My eyes widened, “No! No hospitals.”
“Yes, Kellin! We’re going now.” He said, grabbing the wrong arm. I cried out in pain and kicked him away from me.
“Oh my god. I’m so sorry.” He whispered, gently holding the uninjured hand.
“Why are you even here, Vic? I never asked for help.” I spat, letting him lead me to my car.
“You weren’t at school and you weren’t answering my calls or texts…. I figured something was wrong and I got worried. I guess I was right.” He explained, abruptly stopping to press a towel he’d gotten from the bathroom to my cuts. I winced at the pressure but held it there anyway as he helped me into the car. The car ride there was silent. I ended up telling the doctors some excuse about a wire cutter. Vic kept quiet the entire time. The stitches were very painful but I’m glad I was able to get them.
My mom came and completely ignored me. She just signed the paper and left. I guess it’s true. She really doesn’t care about me. Vic led me out of the building and drove me home. I felt tears threatening to spill over as I got out of the car. I didn’t want Vic to see me like that, so I basically ran into the house and into my room, slamming the door behind me. I threw myself onto my bed and just sobbed. Everything was hitting me at once. The bullies, my mom, my weight, school, and Vic. He’ll probably never speak to me again. I heard my door creak open and the bed shifted, letting me know that someone was there.
“Go away.” I groaned, hastily wiping my face.
He laid beside me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pressed a kiss to the back of my neck, making me smile, “Now why would I do that?”
“Because I promised you I wouldn’t do this. I don’t understand why you’re still here…” I mumbled, wiping a stray tear.
He chuckled, “I know it’s hard, love. I don’t expect you to be perfect and completely stop. I know it takes time to heal. You went for almost two weeks without doing it a single time. I’m very proud of you, Kells.”
I turned to face him, curling up into his arms, “Really?”
“Really, really. I believe in you…. And I like you… a lot.” He said, kissing my nose, making me giggle.
“Thank you, Vic. And I like you a lot, too.”
He smiled, “Don’t mention it.”
“I’m still sorry though.” I said.
“What triggered you anyway?” he asked.
My mind immediately went to Oli’s message, “Nothing,” I said too quickly.
“Kellin…” Vic sighed.
“Really, it was nothing. I was just being stupid.”
“Kells, c’mon.” he nudged.
I sighed, “It was my mom and then Oli just—“
“He what?” he sat up immediately, looking down at me, “What the fuck did he do to you now?!”
“Nothing… h-he just sent me a nasty message. It’s whatever, Vic. Just drop it, okay?” I asked, pulling him back down so that he was laying with me. He was visibly tense and it was making me anxious.
“The next time I see that prick, I’m gonna rip him a new one. I swear he—“
I cupped his face and pressed my lips to his and I felt him relax immediately and melt into the kiss. He wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me closer. I smiled and broke the kiss, cuddling my face to his chest.
“You know I’m not going to drop it, right?”
“Please?” I said, looking up at him and pouting.
He sighed before kissing me lightly and brushed my hair out of my eyes, “No promises.”
I rolled my eyes, “You’re impossible.”
“I think you can manage.” He chuckled, resting his head on mine.
“Goodnight, Vic.” I said, pressing my nose to his warm chest.
“Night, Kells.” He whispered.
I focused on my breathing as I inhaled his scent. It was a mixture of cologne and honey. It wasn’t long before I drifted to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait..