Heut Ist Dein Glückstag

Chapter One.

‘We’re going to be late!’ I heard Ashley yelling through the house as I was touching up my make-up and hair.

‘What do you mean late?! We’re going out to get drunk! There is no late!’ I shouted back hearing her sky-high heels heading this way I was desperately trying to finish my make-up before she realised I needed to finish my hair as well.

‘Come on! We’ve been home for hours! If I’m ready you should be!’

‘Ash, calm the fuck down! There will still be guys there when we get there, they’ll just be a bit more… friendly.’ I winked at her and she laughed calming, crowding my mirror space flicking her hair around trying to give the fiery red more volume. ‘Do you want me to finish this or what?’ She pouted at me starting getting restless. ‘Fuck me there I’m finished!’ I turned my head from side to side to make sure I had applied it perfectly and pulled my hair upwards into a tight blonde pony-tail letting it swing behind me as we walked out to the car.

‘I’m so drunk…’ Ash was waddling around attempting to dance and failing miserably, I had unfortunately drawn the short straw, someone had to drive us home and that someone ended up being me.

‘Come on, I think it’s home time. Up we get.’ I pulled her arm across my shoulder as she kissed my cheek making me giggle as we stumbled through the dark room, the twisting lights disorientating me. Making it to the car, I slumped the hot drunken mess into the backseat where she was at less danger of trying to take over the steering wheel.

‘Where are we going?’ She slurred.

‘Home. Music?’

‘Yes! Yes! Oh yes please! You are! The one and only…!’ I shook my head at her turning the radio on as we started to sing our heads off driving down the road. Our house was in the middle of nowhere so the roads were long and the street lights finished about 3 miles back. I carried on going but slowed the pace as fog was thickening and I still had missy in the back yelling at the top of her lungs about the eye of the tiger.

‘Ash just calm it down a bit yeah? I need to concentrate.’ She continued without a care so I tried to do the same with no success. ‘Ash! Shut your fat gob and let me drive!’ Suddenly a car horn was sounding and lights flashing so I swerved and luckily hit the gap in the hedge driving straight on into a field. ‘Shit!’ Hitting the brakes we came to a halt panting I looked around to find it had sobered Ash up almost instantly. ‘What the fuck?!’ I pelted out jumping out of the car and slamming the door behind me. ‘What the fuck?! You nearly fucking killed us! Fuck!’ I was marching towards the lights through the fog as two figures appeared. ‘Are you fucking mentalists?!’ I screamed in their faces.

‘Sorry! Are you alright?! I didn’t mean for that to happen! Our car has broken down and I was just trying to get someone’s attention for help!’ A tall figure came closer into focus with scrawny legs and heavily layered clothing far too expensive and fashionable to belong anywhere near here.

‘Am I alright?! Fuck off! I’ve just nearly died and totalled my car!’ I pointed backwards almost taking Ash out with a backhander.

‘Shit watch it.’ She mumbled stumbling over. ‘Hell-o.’ She gleamed looking up and down a second figure that had appeared from the mist. Equally as tall as his counterpart this second man stepped forwards of him closer so we could see his bearded face and dark hair, again with stylish clothing, a light smirk graced his lips.

‘We’re sorry we didn’t realise we’d startle you, we’ve been out here for a few hours none of our phones work and you’re the first car we’ve seen down here.’ A hint of an accent.

‘Damn right you’re fucking sorry.’ I huffed as Ash threw me a glare and stepped in front of me clearly taking over the situation.

‘Let’s just calm down. We’re safe, we haven’t died, and the car is fine. If we calm down,’ she spoke through gritted teeth, ‘we can help.’ Flashing a smile her face spun round to me as if to tell me I was over-reacting. Over-reacting? We just nearly died and all she’s thinking about is dick. I guess it didn’t sober her up as much as I’d thought. I rolled my eyes at her and she smiled again turning back to them. ‘So, what do you need?’

‘We just need to get back to our hotel and a working phone to call someone for our car.’ The second one spoke. ‘I’m Tom, this is my brother Bill. We’d be really grateful if you could help.’

Ash looked at me and I sighed at her expression. ‘Fine. We will help, there won’t be another car out here for hours. Our house is about ten minutes down this road, you can use the phone then we will get you to your hotel.’ I agreed. I returned to the car to turn it around and see if it was in fact still in one piece. The others went back to theirs to finally kill the lights which had been blinding me. I pulled up and everyone climbed in.

‘I’d hold on tight, the road gets a bit bumpy from here.’ I said sticking it in a low gear and trundling along the path up to the house. ‘Why were you so far out this way at this time of night anyway?’ I questioned.

‘To be honest, we got lost. We don’t know the roads around here, we’re only staying for a couple of weeks.’ Bill answered me from the back seat, I’d had to force Ash into the front with me to allow them a molestation free journey.

‘So why are you here? Holiday? Visiting family?’

‘Ash! You can’t just ask things like that it’s rude. This is Ashley by the way…’

‘Just Ash.’ She leapt in.

‘…and I’m Jenna.’ Pulling up we all climbed out of the car and headed in side. ‘The phone is through here, you can ring then we’ll get going again.’

‘Drinks anyone?’ Ash asked.

‘No we don’t have time, we’re on lates tomorrow if you don’t remember we need to get back here and sleep so let’s just call whoever it is you need to call and ship this cargo off to whichever hotel it came from.’ I handed them the phone then folded my arms. I knew going out the night before a late shift was a bad idea, how did I let her talk me into this? They called and someone agreed to come and pick the car up in the morning when it was light. Driving past it on the way out back into town I managed to get a look at it. It was big and it was expensive, these people were right, they really aren’t form around here.

‘And we’re on tour since you asked.’ One of the two said.

‘What?’

‘You asked us why we were here, we’re on tour.’

‘Oh right yeah. A tour of what?’ Ash’s interest peeked, we’d both wanted to travel but never go the chance, it’s not as though we’re exactly made of money with our nursing jobs at the hospital.

‘The country. We’re in a band, another two of us stayed at the hotel.’

‘The more intelligent two?’ I muttered and got a smack on the arm from Ash. ‘So you’re in a band. You’re going to make it big, get rich and famous?’ Another smack.

I heard a snigger in the back from the one called Tom. ‘You can come watch us free of charge if you want, as a thank you.’

‘Thanks but n…’

‘We’d love to! Wouldn’t we Jenna?’ She smiled sweetly at me getting the message across that I would be dead as soon as they left this car if I carried on.

‘Sure.’ The town came into sight with all the lights, Ash was still bubbling away still buzzing from the drink chatting nonstop with these guys we’d managed to pick up, who were just as bad. If she doesn’t have a headache tomorrow then I definitely will. ‘Which Hotel?’

‘The Pavillion.’ I looked around at them mouth wide open.

‘Are you having a fucking laugh?! Did you win a competition or something?!’ It is the most expensive hotel in the whole city. I headed that way in silence and pulled around the corner to be faced with its bright lights, neatly cared for gardens and water features. It has water features! I stopped the car and got out with them staring up at the enormous building hearing laughter me and Ash both looked around and saw a man in a suit heading towards us.

‘Just wait a moment and we’ll sort you out with some tickets?’ They said as we nodded slowly still looking at all the money that surrounded us. We were handed two lanyards. ‘They’re backstage passes, thank you so much for helping us! We could have been out there for hours if no one had come past.’ Bill smiled at us which we returned.

‘It’s okay, thank you for these,’ I held them up, ‘we need to go though. Like I said, we’re on lates tomorrow night at the hospital.’ I smiled then turned back to the car I looked back to see Ash kissing everyone on the cheek, I practically had to drag her away. We climbed in the car and drove off back to the house; again. ‘Backstage passes? Who do they think they are?’

‘Well let’s have a look shall we?’ Ash eyes sparkled as she took the lanyards and inspected them. ‘Tokio Hotel apparently. Never heard of them.’

‘They’re probably trying to make themselves sound like a big deal. They’re just musicians trying to get somewhere, like half the rest of this freaking country.’

‘You’re such a grump tonight.’

‘I just want to get home, we have lates for the next four nights, then this show, if we even go.’

‘What?! Of course we’re going!’ She pouted and sank into her seat for the rest of the journey home, I could hear a gentle snoring and sighed. This was not what I had expected to deal with tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
A whole new story for you! I've been out of it for a while, and yes my writing style has changed, but I am 3 years older than my last fanfics, so forgive me for being a little rusty. I also have a new co-author who's new to this so give her a break too! Thanks for reading, any feedback would be great.