Heut Ist Dein Glückstag

Chapter Four.

All the way home in the taxi I couldn’t stop talking about what had just happened, I’ll admit I was more than a little star-struck. We’d had a great night and I couldn’t believe we’d had the chance to hang out with some genuine rock stars!! Even the taxi driver had gotten fed up of me and shut the divider!

“They were so nice though weren’t they? You’d never think they were so famous!” I said for what must have been the millionth time by the way Jenna rolled her eyes at me smirking at my childlike excitement before turning back to gaze out of the window.

“The gig was amazing, they are so talented!!”

“And they were so cute too; just wish I’d caught them all getting changed!” I giggle receiving a sharp slap on the thigh from Jenna causing me to giggle even harder. Wow, I didn’t even think I’d even drunk that much!

“I wonder if we’ll see them again? It’d be pretty cool wouldn’t it!” I enthuse trying to elicit a response from a rather tired looking Jenna - she’s not used to drinking so much – who simply replies ‘hmmm’. What a conversation stopper, well it would be if I wasn’t intent on rambling on ignoring her replies anyway.

The next couple of days were a blur; the tables turned and I ended up nursing Jenna through a hangover. Well I say nursing, more like I gave her two asprin and a glass of water and staying out of her way for the rest of the day – Jenna + headache = me having my head snapped off repeatedly! Unfortunately it didn’t quite work and she ended up throwing a tantrum over me leaving empty cereal boxes in the cupboard instead of throwing them away when she went to get some after finally being able to stomach the idea of food later that evening. Which as you can imagine caused a major rowing session resulting in us not talking for a whole day, until we re-bonded over a sing along session to the radio whilst preparing dinner the following night, complete with kitchen utensil microphones and a lot of air guitar/drums. We are so cool! After out mini-kitchen-concert we watched a couple of films, enjoyed the spaghetti we’d cooked and enjoyed a couple of quite days at home.

After a fairly normal start to the week Thursday came along. It was the afternoon and we were working the early shift – 6am to 6pm. It seemed to be an ordinary day like any other, people came and went, nothing really major happened aside from the odd ‘my kids got his head stuck in his potty’ or ‘I was cutting my hedge and cut my finger off instead’, but we were used to those, we got them everyday. We headed off to the canteen for lunch with a spring in our step that always appeared after a quite few days, but on our return the spring seemed to disappear; we were heading back from the canteen and onto the wards when the main doors flew open and two beds were rushed through into a private side room, though neither Jenna or I could see who was on them for all the paramedics rushing around followed by police too (which wasn’t that odd, if the accident was serious enough the police would be here to take statements and what not). We jumped to action, running to the assistance of the doctor who was now checking them both out.

“Ah, there you are. These gentlemen were involved in a car collision. I need you to take notes for me!” he said thrusting two clipboards at us before disappearing behind one of the two curtains shielding the patients from view. We both looked down at the clip boards we’d been handed. Wait a second. Kaulitz? I snapped my head up in time to see Jenna doing the same. We exchanged a startled look before double checking what each other had read and then diving behind the curtains ourselves. We didn’t have time to start questioning them, or to even say hello before the doctor began rambling off a list of the suspected injuries that they each had expecting us to add it to their medical notes. Desperately trying to concentrate and not be distracted by our two new friends lying in front of us we took down what the doctor was saying as he moved over them examining each part of their bodies, asking where it hurt, checking the seriousness of bruising and cuts and finally calling out what treatment they needed.

“I told you, we’re fine, there’s no need for all this fuss!” Bill complained, wincing in obvious discomfort that had his brother looking concerned. Bill was apparently found unconscious at the scene - of what we discovered was a car accident - after receiving a quite a large blow to the head, but gained consciousness in the ambulance on the way here. He had a large, bruised cut to the forehead and a broken collarbone and left arm. Tom also had cuts and bruises to his face and ribs and had a broken leg and suspected concussion too.

Once we’d taken the notes down the twins were separated and sent to rooms for X-rays, followed by being sent for casts to be put on where they were needed and then were sent back to us for us to clean up their wounds and dress them. When they entered the ward and their beds were parked in place again we gathered our medical trolleys and popped round the curtains, drawing them again behind us.

“Well well, we meet again!” I smirked moving to pick up some antibacterial wipes from the tray while Jenna did the same flashing them both a smile as she put her gloves on.

“You know, when I said you should come and see us in our uniforms some time, you didn’t have to injure yourselves first!” I muse raising my eyebrows at them.

“Haha! I wish it was under different circumstances!” Bill half laughed and I noticed him wince as it made his broken collarbone jolt.

“So what happened?” Jenna questioned as we both began cleaning their wounds – Jenna tackling Bill’s, while I worked on Tom’s, being as careful as we could not to hurt them anymore than the clearly were.

“We were just driving down the road when come jerk pulled out in front of us, we couldn’t stop in time and hit the side of him.” Tom explains to us and I couldn’t help but notice the small tingle sent up my spine from his warm breath on my face as I leant in to see his cuts better, nor how good he smells!

“Bet you blasted him with your horn though – you seem to be good at that.’ Jenna comments and I shoot her a death glare, now was not the time to bring that back up.

“How many times do we have to apologise? We were only trying to get your attention, it’s not like either of you got hurt.” Bill states looking rather sorry for himself.

“Just ignore her, she can’t let things go” I laugh lightly moving to reach for the patches and tape bending over more than was necessary knowing that a certain someone would be watching as I did so, giving him a good view of my bum. I know, I shock myself sometimes!! They were in hospital after having a crash, the last thing they’d be thinking of was sex. I was right though, he was watching… well more ogling really, I giggled to myself. He didn’t even try to hide his wandering eyes from me as I straightened back up again, instead he simply adjusted them to focus on the uniform straining slightly over my ample chest as I leant towards him to apply the bandage to his head. I didn’t have to look at Jenna to know she was probably shaking her head at us.

“Think we did more damage to the car than to us” Bill says in what I’m sure is an attempt to distract himself from his brother’s obvious flirting. “Bet it’ll cost a fortune to fix!”

“What car have you got?” Jenna asks perking up again, she’s always been obsessed with cars and racing! On out low nurses wages she can’t afford the car she wants, so is forced to drive a crappy old 2nd hand (though it’s more like 10th hand) mini that we share.

“We’ve got a few, the one we smashed up was a Ferrari though.” He says looking sad. I can’t imagine spending that much on a car in the first place, let alone having to pay to get it fixed up again after crashing it!!

“Shouldn’t have such an expensive car then!” she teases sticking her tongue out at him making him laugh.

“Can we go home after you’ve finished?” Bill asked Jenna after a few moments beginning to look uncomfortable in his current surroundings, looking around the bare, pasty white and beige walls of the small room, though I don’t blame him, I may work in a hospital but I wouldn’t like to have to stay in one, they smell funny, a mixture of old sick, sweat and disinfectant, and are full of sick people – not exactly a catch!

“No, sorry, you’ll have to stay in over night, just to make sure neither of you have concussion.” She explained “We’ll also have to monitor the pain you’re feeling to see if we need to adjust the strength of your painkillers.” She gave him a sympathetic look which he returned with a small smile of his own.

We were silent for a few minutes other than Bill hissing every now and again from the pain in his collarbone or Jenna cleaning and bandaging him; Tom’s injuries were probably hurting just as much as his brother’s, but he didn’t show it, more concerned for his brother as he kept glancing over to him to make sure he was Ok.

“Will it leave a scar? Don’t want my gorgeous face to be damaged!” Tom winks at me breaking the silence making me and Jenna laugh, rolling our eyes at him.

“Typical Tomi!” Bill laughs along with us.

“Sorry, don’t think it will, which is a shame, might have been an improvement!” I sass him, of course I don’t mean it, he really is gorgeous! Everyone continues to laugh and the mood seems lighter. “You know there was one part of my body that didn’t get injured” Tom adds winking again, resulting in a disgusted ‘ughh’ sound from Bill which I sniggered at, obviously he wasn’t as comfortable with sexual innuendos as his brother was – a bit like me a Jenna, she goes made with me sometimes, especially if we are in public and she always gets embarrassed heehee!

“Hmm, well that may change if you don’t stop being cheesy Mr!” I reply winking back.

When we’ve finished tending to them we have to go and check on our other patients. “Right, well we’re all done here for now, we’ll pop back in a bit to see how you’re getting on, ring the buzzer if you need anything though.” They thank us and we turn to leave the room.

“I can’t believe they’re here!” I say turning to Jenna as we walk along the corridors.

“I know! Nice to see them again though” Jenna smiles back with a look that says she’s more than happy to see Bill again even if she won’t admit it! I simply smile back and we go our separate ways to tend to our patients.

Come home time I was knackered and ready to leave until I heard a buzzer from the room the twins were in. I made my way across ducking in to wards on the way to see if I could spot Jenna, but having no such luck. I open the door to the brothers.

“Hey, everything Ok?” I ask stepping into the room letting the door swing shut behind me.

“Yeah, sorry, Bill’s asleep” Tom says nodding towards his sleeping brother “and I’m bored, you couldn’t get me some magazines or something?” he asks. I nod, choosing to go with the magazines, as apposed to the ‘or something’ as I have a feeling it could lead to me getting in trouble with my work supervisors heehee.

“Sure, anything in particular?” I ask taking the money from him.

“Anything car or music related is fine” he replies and I thank God he didn’t say any porno magazines; that could have been awkward!! I head to the hospital shop choosing a range of car and music magazines for him, paying and returning to him to hand them over.

“Thanks!” He smiles, not a total perv then, “No problem,” I smile back.
“You know, if you want to you could stay around and ‘entertain’ me” his smile turning to a smirk, “after all, you did promise me a ‘private’ appointment” he smirks at me and I can feel a blush creep up onto my cheeks, I was wrong, he is a total perv… but I like it!

“So you like the uniform then” I flirt back jutting one of my hips out placing my hand on it.

“Hmm, bet it’d look even better with a pair of stiletoes” he chuckles making me scoff.

“Well that wouldn't be very safe for work would it?" I say my lips curling into a smirk as he chuckles back.

“Hey, you ready to go?” Jenna says sticking her head round the door having tracked me down. Damn her interrupting as things are starting to hot up!!

“Yeah, coming!” I reply through slightly gritted teeth, giving her a look that says ‘we’re having words when we get home!’. We say good bye to Tom and I give him a flirty wave as we leave him to his magazines, making our way home.

“Why did you have to come in then?!” I complain, pouting as Jen pulls out of the staff carpark and onto the main road.

“Huh? Why?” She asks slipping on some sunglasses.

“It was getting fun!” I reason copying her with my own.

“Again, Huh?!” She asks keeping her attention on the road.

“With Tom!” I state “We were getting really flirty back there until you butted in!” I pout again.

“Well sorry, I didn’t know! I’ll leave you there next time and you can make your own way home shall I?” …ok, she has a point, but still!

“Hmpph!” I sulk sinking into my seat and folding my arms in and she just shakes her head a smile creeping onto her face.

“Will you forgive me if we stop off at McDonalds on the way home?” she asks and I immediately snap out of my sulk clapping my hands and jumping in my seat. “Yes and I’ll forgive you even more if you treat me to a Mcflurry!” I grin and she just laughs and pets my arm in the way a mother would to her child, pulling into the drive through.