Status: work in progress

We All Have Demons

Spread Thin

Blaire's P.O.V.

Practically running out of the office I trip on the edge of my coat as I try to make it through the door. The little stumble causes me to drop one of the many pagers I have to carry with me. I mumble under my breath as i reach down to pick it up and drop my brief case.

"Son of a bitch," I sigh mostly to myself.

I have to look like a complete mess. I got off of work late so I was trying to hurry to get home, not bothering to properly pack anything like I normally do. Once I get myself semi pulled together again I'm off.

I hit the streets of New York and just fade into the background with the rush of other people. I will never get over how busy the city is this late at night. Even now, eleven at night, there are still thousands of people on the streets. But that all changes as i turn onto the small side street where i live.

God I am running so fucking late. I barely look up as i rush down the street, knowing that my safe haven in near and i will be able to strip down out of these damn office clothes. Being in the hurry that i was i didnt even notice there was someone else coming down the street at me, well at least i didnt notice them until they ran me over. I straightened myself and prepared myself to through some classic New Yorker comment at them, but my words stuck in my throat as my eye met her deep brown ones, the pulled me in and confused me. It felt like i stood there for an hour looking at her but only a few seconds had passed and we were both off again.

I jumped up the stairs to my apartment building. Fumbling with the key for a minute i finally managed to shove it into the lock. As soon as i walked in the door i threw my work stuff down and pulled my shirt over my head.