Status: work in progress

We All Have Demons

Just Mom

Kristin P.O.V

I scoop up Belle with one arm and grab my phone as i make my way over to the chair. I fold my leg under me as i gently set Belle down in my lap. i sigh slips from my lips as i dial mom's number. I have to call her sometime or she'll report me missing.

As the phone rings for the forth time i feel hope in me that i will just get away with leaving a message, but as soon as the hope comes it pops and mom answers.

"Hello? Kristin, is that you? Where the bloody hell have you been?"

"Hi mom, nice to talk to you too."

"Yeah, yeah. So what is this i hear about you losing another job? Im not about to support you again. We've had this conversation before. You're the one who insists on living in the city, and now you will pay for it. You're a big-"

"I'm not going to ask for your help, and I'll have you know that i already have another job. So me and Belle will be just fine. I always pull through in the end, no matter how hard it might be."

"Oh really? Another job so soon? And who the hell would want to hire you?"

"Thanks for the confidence, it means a lot. And I'm a server. I get paid well enough plus whatever they decided to tip." Ha, a server. I guess that is sort of what i do though, and server sounds nicer than prostitute. Mom would have a heart attack if she knew about that.

"Well that's nice enough for now i suppose. Just remember to call me every now and then. I at least like to know you're alive."

"Yes Ma'am!" I hang up the phone before she has a chance to get on me about my attitude, I just cant deal with another lecture tonight.

I set the phone face down on the light colored wood table next to the chair, pick Belle back up and carry her to my room.

I lay her down on my bed as i head for my closet.

"What should i wear out tonight, Belle? I need to go get a drink."

Belle seems to wag her tail when i hold up my low cut black dress, works just fine for me. I strip out of my jeans and tee and slide the dress over my head. Looking at myself in the mirror i smooth the dress out over my curves.

After giving Belle a kiss on the head and a promise I'll be back before morning i slip out into the New York night.

After walking a few blocks i finally see the lights of my destination; Cat Scratch Corner. The only decent strip club and bar for miles around.

After the bouncer checks my I.D. and flirt a bit, gross, i walk in and head straight for the bar. Before i get to far however, i notice something. The girl on center, she looks familiar, but i just can't place it. As soon as our eyes lock, it hits me.