Status: work in progress

We All Have Demons

Smoke Filled

Kristin’s P.O.V.

One step in the door and i can already feel the smoke on my skin. Yes, feel. Its so thick it takes up all the space that should be air, but I don’t mind. The smoke makes it hard to see so it is easier for me to just blend into the back ground. Definitely a good things since people often deem it weird to find a lady in a place like this. I can practically feel my grandfather roll over in his grave, and I’m sure if he were still alive he would be able to sense me here and come pull me out by my ear.

Why is it such a big deal that I'm at a bar? Well, it isn’t a normal bar, and i dont just say that because it is smokier than most. Aside from the hookah, drinking, and slot machine in the corners there are also female dancers. It’s really the only reason I even come here. Sure there are cleaner places i could go, but like i said, i like it smoky.

I go and take a seat at the bar to ensure i’ll actually even be able to get a drink at all. I order a rum and coke. As i take a sip i look at a group of people a bit younger than me. They have seated themselves at one of the tables with a hookah. From the looks of it they are trying to see if any of them can actually accomplish making a decent smoke ring, so far they have no luck. One of the kids about gets it when a girl walks up, the same one i saw on the street, she takes it from him, takes a long inhale, and lets out the perfect smoke ring. she walk away leaving them, and me in awe.

I let my eyes follow her as she weaves her way about the room, from table to table. There is something dramatically different about her, she is relaxed. Before she was in such a rush, so hurried and over worked. but now she is calm, relaxed. She acts as though she control everything in the room. She commands the attention of who ever is at the table she is talking to. It is beautiful, wonderful.

I lose focus as some drunk asshole spills his drink on me. fucking christ. Next thing i know he is groping me, apparently him spilling his drink all over my front side gives him the right to grab me. he makes an attempt to act as though he was just trying to help me dry off but my fist meets his face before he can even try to explain. Soon everything in the room freezes and i can feel all eyes on us now. Shit. What did i just do? I slam back the rest of my drink and run for the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry my chapters are so short! I hope with time they will get longer