Status: work in progress

We All Have Demons

Control

Blaire’s P.O.V.

As soon as I open the door back into the bar area i can feel all eyes on me. While I do have more clothes on than when I left the stage it still isn’t a lot, so it draws attention. It bothers me none, i like feeling people look at me, knowing i have left them in awe and completely speechless. If anyone knew how much pleasure that i get from this they would think me insane. Then again, who is to say i’m not?

As i walk to the bar i see a group of kids sitting around a hookah trying to blow smoke rings. The innocent souls dont have a clue what they are doing. I walk up, take it from one of the boys hands, and pull in a long drag. I let the mango flavored smoke fill my lungs and mouth. Tipping my head back i let out smoking ring after smoke ring. Without any words or looks i just walk away. Here, im in control. Here people do what i want. I feel their eyes on my back as i walk away. It’s weird though, its almost as if i feel someone elses as well. I dont bother looking back though, its just another lost soul that had nowhere better to go tonight.

I finally make it to the very far end of the bar. A guy offers to buy me a shot, sure i get them free but why not let the club make some money. The man orders one for me and for him, im very careful to make sure something doesn’t happen to fall from his hand into the drink before he hands it to me. I lock my eyes with his cool grey ones and we trip our heads back in unison. I let the rum run slowly down my throat so i can really feel its burn. I set the glass down and just as he goes to say something i walk away.

This is the game i like to play here. Be distant. A mystery. Get what i want, and just walk away leaving them to dazed and confused to say anything. I wish this is how real life worked. Then maybe i wouldn’t have to kiss bosses ass all the time to make sure i dont get fired. In the office i work for him and do what he wants. Here, everyone works for me and does what i want, even though they dont realize it. I love this feeling more than anything. I love the longing looks i feel on me, the lust that can be felt in the air. Just like now, i make my way to a table and give a couple flirting looks to the guy sitting there. Look in his eyes and you’d think was was love struck, once he buys me a drink i walk away. Sure you could say i use people, but i dont fully look at it that way. I give them a fantasy they didn’t ever think they could get, i help take their mind off of their shit lives and the reason they came here alone. And even if i was just using them, it isnt like i haven’t ever been used before.

Im about to make my way back to the dressing room again for my next “dance” when there is some commotion by the bar. I only turned around in time to see a familiar stranger swallow the rest of her drink in one mouthful and run out the door. What the hell happen? My curiosity gets the best of me and i go to look. There is a guy leaning on the bar his nose bleeding everywhere. Damn. She hit him good. I smile a little as i walk away.