Status: Work in progress

Rule Number 1

2

Sofia POV

My eyes fluttered open. I checked the clock and it was 7:30. I decided I should get up and shower so this way when Tyler gets home from morning skate I'll be ready. I started to stretch when I felt arms around my waist tighten.

"Already talked to Claude. Go back to sleep baby."

"Ty, you can't miss morning skate." I turned in his arms and tapped his chest.

"Yes I can and am. I told him it was a family emergency. Now, back to sleep." He kissed my nose then closed his eyes.

I've been here for five hours and he's already skipping a skate. This is not what I wanted, but I'm too tired to fight him, so I simply pecked his lips and went back to sleep. I'll tell him what happened when we wake up again.

Four hours later

"Sof, baby, I made you breakfast." I heard Tyler say while he was rubbing my back.

"Mmmm, this is why I've missed you."

"You already know that I've missed you."

Tyler put the breakfast on the nightstand. Almost instantly I was in his lap hugging him, and then last night flooded my memory and I started to cry. I could tell Tyler was confused.

"Babe, we need to talk about this..." I looked up at him and he wiped away some of my tears.

"Ty, he touched me.."

"Who touched you?" I could feel him tensing up, and this is why I didn't want to tell him last night. He would have been too worked up.

"I was closing at the bar last night and he came out of no where. Ty, it was Ryan."

Ryan went to high school with Tyler and I. Tyler and Ryan were sworn enemies. Ryan could never get what Tyler had, his athleticism, his friends, his popularity. None of it. At first we all ignored it, but things took a turn for the worst. One day while I was waiting for Tyler after one of his games in high school, he appeared and started to attack me. He was like my own personal stalker. Tyler knew and did his best to keep me close to him and away from Ryan.

Tyler POV

What does that fucker want from her? Honest to God.

"Sofia, I need you to tell me where he hurt you."

She looked up at me with glossy eyes and lifted up her shirt. All along her stomach were bruises and cuts. I started to tense up. Sofia put her hand on my cheek and forced me to look at her.

"Ty, it's okay, I'm okay."

"If I was there I could have done something. I could have protected you. It's just so damn frustrating because I can't be with you all the time and then this happens." If she only knew the half of it.

Sofia started to cry again.

"Ty, you do everything for me that you can. I know that you can't always be there but we're together now and that's all that matters right?"

I looked down at her and kissed her lips.

"I've got you, and you're not leaving me this time."