Promise

I Want You To Leave Me

I pushed my last bit of pancake into the syrup before putting it in my mouth. Draco was just sitting on the other side, and other end, of the island holding his head in one hand. He was using his other hand to add an array of items to a portable cauldron, while it stirred on its own.

“Feeling like shit after last night,” I asked before I took a sip of my orange juice. Draco just sent me a glare as a ladle floated up from the table and into the cauldron, pouring a small amount of the blue liquid into a glass. “What courses do you have today?”

“Potion Theory, Potions for the everyday life, and History of Occulmency,” He replied after he downed his drink. I cringed.

“Potion Major huh,” I asked, taking his glass with my plate and moved over to the sink and let the water run as I washed them thoroughly before placing them onto the drying mat. “What’s your minor?”

I was shocked when he responded. I honestly did not expect him to, nor ask the same of myself, “Occulmency. What about yourself?”

“I’m a Defense Major, I have class from ten till six today. First Theory Of Defense, then Basic Dragon Taming, and finally Advanced Defensive Spells,” I replied, downing my orange juice before washing the glass. “Minor is currently the Study of the Ancients. What do you today?”

“Advanced Potions and Potions for Everyday Use,” He explained, getting up from his seat, grabbed his set of books and left through the door.

“Bye to you too,” I pouted, checking the time. Eight AM.

[Keep]

“Oh my gosh Alice, you got a Co-Ed dorm,” my new friend from Advanced Defensive Spells, Becca, smiled as we walked to my dorm room, “I would never have expected that.”

“Expected what?” I asked, tilting my head to the right as I slid my key into the door.

“That you were such a slut!” She chortled, smacking my shoulder.

“I was supposed to be in an all-girls quad, but there was a mistake,” I explained, as we set our books on the coffee table. “When did Hermes say he was joining us?”

“I think he said he had to swing by his room to grab his study book or something like that,” Becca shrugged. “Can I raid your fridge?” I nodded. “So what’s this roommate of yours like? He hot?”

“I haven’t had much of a chance to talk to him yet. After we got everything sorted out at the front desk yesterday, he walked in drunk late last night. He’s a Potion Major though. Occulmency Minor.” I explained, following her into the kitchen to pour myself a drink of wine I had brought back with from Romania. I offered Becca a glass but she declined.

“You know what that means,” Becca said, eyes wide in terror as a knock sounded at the door. I moved toward the door as she finished, “you have to take more defense against Occulmency classes.”

I swung the door open and there stood Hermes glaring down the hallway, “Hi Hun, ready to study?”

“I didn’t know you had him for a roommate,” He spat, walking into the dorm.

I poked my head down the hallway and saw Draco sauntering towards us, “Yeah.”

“He’s in my Potions for Everyday Use class,” Hermes groaned, setting his books on the table and plopping himself down on the couch, “Dude! Who’s X-Box is that?”

“Draco’s,” I replied, keeping the door open with my foot instead of my hand. Draco stared at me for a second as he continued on down the hall. I shrugged, shutting the door behind me. He was not supposed to be back yet. Although – he never did mention when he would be, “Would you like some wine Hermes?”

“I would love some,” He said, opening his text for Advanced Defensive Spells. I sat my glass down on the island, pouring a modest amount of wine into his glass. I picked mine up as I walked by the island after I put the bottle back into the fridge, and handed it to Hermes. “This is really good.”

“It’s from my country – it’s called Lycanthrope,” I smiled, opening my own text.

Hermes stopped sipping it and just looked at me in horror, “It’s not made from them – is it?”

I laughed, “No. Not at all. It’s a legend in the town where they make this.”

Becca started to laugh, “Freaking muggles! Can’t live with them, can’t live without them.”

“How about we start on our homework,” I suggested, throwing back the rest of my wine.

Hermes stopped dead, his hand outstretched to his wine, “What homework.”

“The one we got in class,” Becca tried to clear up, turning to the right page in the text, “The one on Basic Defensive Techniques.”

“We had homework,” He asked again, dumbfounded.

“Yes,” I said simply, handing him the outline he Professor had given us.

“Oh, that class,” He said awkwardly, shifting his eyes from side to side.

“Something tells me we’ll be saving his ass this year,” Becca whispered, leaning across the table.

[Keep]

“You know, you could have come in,” I shrugged, pouring myself a glass of orange juice.

“I don’t like people,” Draco replied simply, tapping a few ingredients into his caldron.

“Hermes is in Potions for Everyday Use class. Maybe you two can study together,” I suggested, skimming through the notes I had written in my scroll.

“Don’t like him,” He grunted quickly.

“Well, guess I don’t have to try to make him like you,” I said quietly, looking up at Draco through my bangs.

“I don’t need people to like me,” He snapped, picking up his caldron.

“Don’t bother. I’m leaving,” I replied quickly, my green eyes narrowing. I put the glass into the sink, grabbing my bag off of the counter and slammed the door behind myself. I just stood there for a moment, heat radiating off of my checks. I closed my eyes and let out a deep, cold breath. I walked over to the staircase, jumping down the stairs a few at a time until I reached the fourth floor. I walked down the corridor until I found room number nineteen. I used my foot to kick the door lightly.

“One second,” A masculine voice said on the other side, he seemed to have an Australian accent. The door opened up to a tall, tan, and muscular blonde wearing nothing but a baby blue towel around his waist, “Why hello little lady.”

“Is Becca in,” I asked, trying to keep my eyes focused on his eyes.

“Come in, she’s just getting out of the shower,” He stood aside so I could enter. The layout was quite similar to the room I shared with Draco, but the colour scheme was brighter – containing golds and creams. “Feel free to have a seat. I’m Leo by the way.” He sat down on the gold lace chair, ruffling his dirty blonde hair with a hand.

“Alice,” I replied, taking a seat on the cream sectional.

“Where’s that accent from,” Leo asked.

“Romania. Bucharest if you want to be technical. What about you?” I set my bag beside me. Obviously Becca was not coming out anytime soon.

“Brisbane Australia,” Leo smirked, “There’s a few other Aussie’s here as well. Not many though. What about Romanian’s? I think you’re the first one I’ve met.”

“Yeah, I probably am. Not many people are fans of traveling back home. Especially with how rich our history is,” I shrugged. I knew that I was one of the few – if not only – Romanian at Cambridge. With everything that had been happening back home these past few years; it was more fear keeping everyone in the boarders. I had heard that England had just finished dealing with one of their biggest enemy’s last year, even if I don’t know anything about what happened here. I could always ask Draco. Nope. Bad idea.

“What are you doing here so late,” Becca asked, drying her hair off with a towel. She had already gotten dressed in a pair of black sweat pants and a pink tank top.

“Can I bake here?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Peace. Love. Murder. Complicate.