The Mess That Feels so Right

If I Had You

Image

Eve glared at her shoes and let out a sigh of boredom. William had left her home alone, again.

"I wanna go." Eve pouted.

William sighed and kissed her forehead "I know Eevee, but I think Mike is bring Olivia and I don't want to see you two fighting all day."

"Why am I the one being punished when she is starting it."

"Listen to yourself Eevee." William frown "That is such a childish thing to say."

"I just want to spend time with you." Eve sighed "I only ever get to see you when you have breaks like this."

"I know." William pulled Eve into a hug "I'll be home as soon as possible."


That had been two hours ago. Eve was well aware that she was being childish about the whole thing, but she couldn't help it. No one but Eve saw what Olivia was doing. Leading Mike around on a leash while she chased after his best friend and Eve's boyfriend. Olivia didn't know Eve, but how could she be so cruel to Mike?

Eve looked over as her phone went off. She sighed and picked it up.

Why aren't you at the studio, Chicka?

-Gabe


The boys banished me, so Olivia could go.

-Eve


Yeah, she is here.

-Gabe


It would seem everyone but me is.

-Eve


You wanna hang out?

-Gabe
I

Aren't you at the studio with the guys?

-Eve


Yeah, but it isn't like they have me strapped down to the chair.

-Gabe


What did you have in mind?

-Eve


Lunch?

-Gabe


Sure.

-Eve


I'll be over to collect you soon Chicka ;]

-Gabe


Eve smiled at her phone and walked to her room to get changed. If William would rather have Olivia in the studio then she would just spend the day with Gabe.

Eve had just finished changing when she heard a knock on the apartment door. She quickly threw on her flats and openned the door.

"Gabe!" she smiled.

"Chicka!" he mimicked in the same high pitched voice, pulling her into a hug. "I have something for you!"

"Olivia's head on a silver platter?" Eve asked, with a hopeful smile.

Gabe laughed "Not quite."

"Alright, what is it?"

Gabe smirked and handed her a vaporeon pokemon doll. Eve smiled and took it from him.

"Thank you, but you do know they all call me Eevee right?"

Gabe smiled "You might have started out as an Eevee, but what I see before me is something even more special and rare. You must have evolved."

Eve felt a blush burn across her face "Thank-you."

"Ready for lunch?" he smiled.

"Yeah."

-----------------------

"Tommy's!" Eve smiled happily, as the reached the small diner.

"I know Olivia kinda ruined it last time, so I thought you might want to eat here." Gabe smiled.

Eve hooked her arm through Gabe's "You thought right." she smiled.

"What can I get you kids?" the waitress smiled, as they sat down.

Gabe and Eve order food and drinks, before settling into a conversation, that quickly turned to Eve's dislike of Olivia.

"I don't understand what her problem is." Eve huffed, pushing a bit of food around her plate. "I know it sounds childish but I don't get why she is the one getting her way. Yeah she knew Mike before I did, but I've been with the boys more. She just shows up and takes over and it's bullshit."

"Why are you putting up with it then?"

Eve looked up at Gabe surprised "What do you mean?"

"No one ever said that you had to put up with her." Gabe shrugged "Tell William you should be more important. I certainly wouldn't put some girl I didn't know before you."

"You don't even know me." Eve answered, her heart racing.

Gabe looked up at her "I'd like too."

Hey, hey now we're almost home. I'm missing you to death, but to each his own. Hey, hey we're not far from home. I've got my pride, and I'll let you sleep tonight.

Eve pulled her cell phone out. "It's William" she mummbled before answering with a hello.

"Eevee!" came William's pout "Why have you escaped your pokeball and run away from home?"

"I didn't," Eve smiled into the phone "Another trainer just took me out to get something to eat."

"Who?"

Eve was confused by the edge in his voice "Gabe."

"Well I'm home now, so you can leave him there and come spend time with me."

"Don't be rude William." Eve growled.

Gabe raised an eyebrow and motioned for Eve to give him the phone. Eve let out a sigh and handed him her cell phone.

"Hey Bill, what's up?"

"Why did you take Eve out to lunch?" William growled.

"I didn't, we went together. Taking her to lunch would imply that I am paying for her food."

"Just bring her home."

"Are you alright man?"

"Don't think I haven't noticed the way you keep looking at my girlfriend. Just bring her home, now."

Gabe glanced up at Eve "Alright man, see you soon."

"Is he having a pissy fit?" Eve asked with a smile, as Gabe hung up the phone and handed it back to her.

"Nah," Gabe lied "He was just worried about you. I would too if I came home to see such a jewel was missing."

Eve blushed again and his her face "We should go."

"Yeah." Gabe agreed.