Status: Finished

The Anthem for a Dying Breed

"Everything you do is sucper ***ing cute" - Can't Stand It, Never Shout Never

Opening my eyes I expected to be greeted with an empty bed but to my surprise, Danny was still beside me, snoring his head of.

Aleena on the other hand, wasn't asleep.

She must've known I was waking as she was stood staring down at me with a scowl, arms crossed over her chest.

"Hey baby girl." I greeted, grinning sheepishly as I pulled the covers up to my chin.

"You're a fucking idiot." She stated.

"It's a one night stand, you're acting like I did something wrong." I scoffed sitting up, covers around me until I spotted my jumper on the floor and picked it up to put it on. Aleena tossed Danny's boxers at me awkwardly before walking across the room to the desk.

I pulled on the boxers before jumping up and walking over to her.

"When did you take that?" I asked noticing a picture of Austin on her laptop screen.

"Last night." She glared at me again.
"He spent all night waiting for you, he was determined you'd come back to him to watch the sunrise."

"Fuck." I frowned.
"I was going to, I swear but I lost track of time."

"He was so fucking upset, Ray. How could you do that to him? You better not bullshit him either. Tell him straight you were too busy getting laid to give a fuck about the promise you made him."

"Don't you fucking dare!" I snapped noticing Danny's snoring cut out immediately but I didnt' pay him any attention.
"First of all I never promised anything to anyone, alright? And secondly, I care a lot about Austin and I would never intentionally blow him off for anything that isn't important! You fucking know how much I care about him, why would you even say something like that?"

"You're not the one that saw the hurt on his face when you didn't show up and he watched the sunrise all on his own."

I looked back at the picture to realise that the light touching Austin's figure was the start of the sun for the day.
Aleena caught the perfect moment to break my heart.
Austin wasn't smiling, he wasn't exactly frowning either but his eyes didn't hide exactly what he was feeling. Even his posture gave away his dissapointment.

"Shit." Danny mumbled from behind me.
"We've got some apologising to do."

"Why you?" I looked at Danny to realise he was in his clothes already.
"You didn't blow him off to fuck."

"No but I know he really fucking likes you."

"What?" Danny stared at me for a moment before rolling his eyes.

"He fancies you."

"Then yeah, you both need to fix this." Aleena turned her attention to her laptop.

"I'm going to go talk to him, you get ready and then call me." Danny spoke to me and I nodded so he left.

As quickly as I could, I showered and dressed before rushing out of the hotel and to a shop I spotted the previous night.

While I was waiting in the store to pay for my items, I called Danny.

"You spoke to him?" I asked instantly.

"Yeah, he's pissed and upset but we're on our way to get breakfast." He whispered but I heard Alan tlaking loudly in the background so I assumed it was the three of them.

"Alright, will it be okay if I come over once I'm done here?"

"Probably not but come anyway. We're in the hotel resturant but hurry because it's filling quickly."

"I'll try." I hung up and stuffed my phone into my pocket.

"Do you want me to wrap these for you?" The man behidn the desk asked and I nodded instantly, handing over the flowers and the wrap.
"They for anyone special?"

"Yeah, someone very special."

"Do you want a card?" He motioned to the little rack of cards but I shook my head.

"There's not enough space on a dozen to write what I need to say." I admitted biting my lip.

"Made a mistake?" He frowned and I nodded.
"I don't know if this counts for anything but if a girl as beautiful as you decided to buy me flowers and wear such a pretty dress, I would forgive her in heartbeat."

"Thanks." I blushed and paid before rushing back to the hotel and to the resturant.

At first, what I was doing didn't really click in but when it did, I was already in the middle of the room so I couldn't turn back.

Alan gave me a weird look as he spotted me walking over.
It looked as if he wanted gto give me the most evil look possible but then he looked at my hands and looked more confused than anything.

Noticing the look, Austin and Danny both turned and looked at me.

Austin's eyes also filled with confusion, widening when I stopped beside him and held the flowers out to him.

"I am so fucking sorry, Austin." I started, shoving the flowers in his hand so he had no choice but to take them.
"I know flowers don't even begin to make up for what happened last night but I had no idea I'd fuck up as much as I did and if I could turn back time, I wouldn't leave your side." I looked at Danny.
"No offense Danny but as much as I enjoyed last night, it was not worth hurting Austin over, nothing is." My attention turned back to Austin.

"That would've been really cute if we couldn't see all your hickies." Alan scoffed.

"Shut up, Alan." Austin hissed making Alan huff and turn his attention back to his food.

"I'm really fucking sorry."

"I know, you said." Austin slowly stood up, holding the flowers up to look at better.
"Did you really just go to the store to buy me flowers?"

"Yeah, I wasn't sure what to get, I've never bought flowers for someone before and I did think roses but that's all lovey dovey and don't get me wrong, if I was taking you on a date, I would've bought them but I'm not so I just went with these because they're all orange and red and pink and it reminds me of the sunset and it makes me happy because that's when I'm usually with you."

"So tonight, will you be with me?"

"If you want me there I will be, I'll be wherever you want me to be."

"I guess you should buy me some roses too then."

"What?"

"Dinner and the sunset tonight sounds good."

"Are you sugesting a date?"

"If you want."

"So much yes." He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me.
"So, are you starting to forgive me?"

"Yeah but Alan is right, those bruises are really noticable." He pulled back and looked down at the bruises dotted around my thighs and wrists.

"You can add to the collection if you want." I smirked, laughing when he looked at me through his eyelashes, smiling sheepishly.
"I'm joking, well unless you did actually want to them I'm not."

"When all these have gone, maybe." He grinned then pulled out a chair.
"Join us."

"Alright." I sat down and he sat back in the seat beside me.

***

Aleena wasn't being such a turd when I next saw her because Austin was with me and his arm was around my shoulders, the flowers in his hand because he didn't want to put them down, scared someone would break them.

"You give in too easy." She stated rolling her eyes as Austin flopped onto my bed.
"And they fucked on there." He jumped up and moved over to Aleena's bed.

"He loves me." I grinned sitting on the desk beside her laptop.

"Sure." She rolled her eyes again.
"Did you buy him flowers?"

"I'm a sweetheart."

"No, you're a dick."

"By the way, how'd it go with Turtle?"

"Alright." She shrugged.

"Didn't he make a move?"

"No, well not at the club." She blushed.

"Tell me everything, all the details, don't skip the juicy bits." I winked making her hit my knee, right where a bruise from Danny's hand was, making me yelp and grab the spot.
"You bitch."

"Serves you right."

I slid off of the desk and walked over to her bed to sit on Austin's lap, still facing the girl.

"So, spill."

"Well, nothing much happened, he walked me to the room but I realised you two were naked and could wake up at any point and continue to naked wrestle so I asked Tony if I could sleep in his room and he agreed."

"Did you get down and dirty with Mr Perry?" I asked grinning when Austin's arms wrapped around my waist, his chin resting on my shoulder.

"We didn't fuck." She looked at me.
"We just cuddled all night, that's it."

"No action at all?"

"No."

"Not even a little bit of over trouser crotch rubbing?"

"No." She laughed.

"I'm very disappointed in you young Skywalker."

"You got enough action for the both of us."

Austin grumbled and held me tighter.

"Sorry." She mumbled and turned back around.

I put my hands over Austin's and leant further back against his chest, giving him all the comfort I could.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no idea how many chapters the wife is going to make me write but hopefully not many more because I'm winging it as is and have a bunch of other stories I'm supposed to be writing