Status: Finished

The Anthem for a Dying Breed

"Cling To What You Know And Never Let Go" Have Faith In Me, A Day To Remember

Adam had decided that he was fed up of having Aleena and I following him around all the time and causing trouble so he sent us off to hang out with diffferent bands for the day.
She got You Me At Six.
I got All Time Low.

Other than the fact I was spending the day with the band I would forever be most loyal too, they were meeting up with a band that I was just a little more than a bit into.
Mainly, I loved this other bands music but also, all four members are just really attractive and same age as me which is always great.

"Do you think they'll mind if I snap a couple shots?" I asked looking down at Alex from my place on Zack's back as we headed towards the studio where they were going to write together.

"They're pretty chill." Alex shrugged.
"But ask them anyway."

"Okey dokey, boss man."

Zack lowered his height so I wouldn't hit my head as we entered the building, which wasn't a necessary move due to the door being well over eight feet high but Zack's just considerate like that, I had found out.

"Hey guys!" Jack greeted loudly as we walked into the room where 5 Seconds of Summer were sat on sofas, each with a notepad.

Various drink cans and food wrappers littered the table and part of me wanted to clean it up.
Mostly, I was too busy trying not to fall as Zack set me on my feet.

"We brought a friend along!" Alex announced throwing his arm around my shoulders.
"Well, she just followed us, she's weird." He pulled a face making me pout.
"I'm joking! She's a friend, she's chill, don't worry."

"Hi!" Ashton smiled widely.
"I'm Ashton."

"Rayne." I responded waving slightly.
"I'm actually supposed to be taking photos of these guys today and I was wondering if it's alright if I get you guys in on it? If not, it's no bother, I'll just avoid gett-"

"It's fine." Ashton laughed.

"Let's write some songs." Alex grinned and sat down beside Calum, taking his own notepad from his back pack while the rest of his band found seats and got to doing what they wanted.

For a good half an hour, I took pictures of them all and whatever else I found interesting.
The two bands themselves weren't doing much so I was bored.

"What's up?" I jumped at the voice that was suddenly beside me before turning my head to look at Michael who was laughing lightly.
"Sorry, you just look bored. Want to go on a coffee run with me?"

"Yeah sure." I nodded then we walked over to the sofas and away from the painting I had been observing.
"Here, go nuts, don't let Alex and Jack touch it." I warned handing my camera and it's bag to Zack who nodded in agreement.

"I wouldn't." He responded and started to take photos.

"Where are you going, Raayyyyy?" Jack whined grabbing onto my hand as I walked past him.

"Get some coffee." I pointed at Michael who was then waiting by the door, his phone in his hand.

"Ooh, date time?" Jack sniggered earning a slap around the head.
"You're mean, this is why you're single!" He caleld after me as I left, Michael following quickly.

"So you're not dating Jack?" He asked holding the door open for me as we left the building.

"No." I laughed.
"He's just very affectionate with me."

"You're single." He mumbled and I nodded giving him a weird look but we didn't continue that conversation route any further.
"You're a photographer, that's pretty cool." He grinned.

"I'm still pretty new to it. Me and my friend are kind of apprenticing under Adam Elmakias at the moment on Warped."

"He's pretty good, from what I've seen."

"Really fucking good." I corrected.
"Good guy too."

"Never met him."

"I'd say tag along later and meet him but he's refusing to see me for the rest of the day, I'm not even allowed on the bus." I laughed lightly.

"Why not?" He frowned.
"He can't be that nice if he's doing that to you."

"Oh no, it's just because me and Aly have been pissing him off." I grinned.
"Nothing bad, just innocent things. Honestly, we're not bad people, we just get bored very easily and he's easy to wind up."

"Oh right." He laughed.
"Where are you staying tonight then?"

"Either with All Time Low or Of Mice & Men." I shrugged.

"I love Of Mice!"

"Me too." I nodded smiling widely.
"Really fucking rad music and even better guys, well to a point."

"What does that mean?"

"Nothing, never mind, just some shit went down between me and Austin."

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked awkwardly, once again opening the door for me so we could walk into Starbucks.

"There's nothing really to talk about anymore. He and I, we talked it out and we're letting things just simmer for a bit. Well, I said let's just be friends for a while because I'm still a bit pissed at him but it won't last long."

"Were you together, or something?" He pulled a weird face.
"I mean no offense, I'm sure he's a great guy and everything but isn't he a bit too old for you?"

"You thought I was dating Jack."

"I thought it was weird. Jack is a really good friend of mine but he can be pretty immature and you just don't seem like the type of girl to like that."

"Known me for five minutes and already got be sussed out?" I joked and he shrugged.
"But you're not wrong, I'm not into immature guys."

"But you're into older guys?"

"Yeah, I guess." I shrugged.
"I'm not into younger guys as a general rule but there's always an exception."

He didn't respond to me as we were then at the front of the line.
I let him order for his band before I ordered for myself and All Time Low.

Once we had the coffees we headed back, talking about all sorts of things on the way.
By the time we had returned, I felt like I knew him enough to call him a friend, a flirty one at that but definitely a friend, one I didn't want to lose.

"Here's your fucking coffees shitheads." I announced putting the tray down infront of Alex who nodded in thanks but didn't move his eyes away from what he was writing.

"Why are we even friends with you?" Rian joked.

"Because Alex refuses to let me go when he's drunk." I rolled my eyes looking at Alex who still didn't look up.
"On a roll I take it?" I asked looking at Luke who was sat beside Rian.

"Yeah." Luke smiled widely as he picked up his drink from the tray Michael set down on teh table which was then cleaned.
I had no idea who had done it but I was certainly glad they did.

"Are you actually going to sit down now?" Michael asked from behind me.

"Yeah, my legs are killing me, I'm not used to this." I admitted taking my drink and following him to where he was sat before we left, plopping down between him and Ashton.

"Ray, will you read this?" Alex asked looking up at me once he had read over what he wrote.

"sure." I held up my right hand so he tossed me his notepad.
Both Ashton and Mcihael flinched away but I caught it, laughing at Mcihael's face as he straightened up.

"You're a ninja." He stated.
"It's the only way you could've caught that."

"Maybe I just have pretty decent hand eye co-ordination."

"No, you're a ninja." Jack agreed.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and turned my attention to the writing in front of me.

When I was done, I nodded slowly.

"I'm not sure about that last verse." Alex confessed.

"Me either." I picked up the pencil from the table and crossed out the verse to start on a new one.

"You write?" Ashton asked leaning closer to watch what I was scribbling down.

"We all have our hobbies." I shrugged

"She's helping us write ot new album." Rian informed.
"She's come up with some good lines."

"I'm a genius, Rian, you know this." He just laughed in response.

Ashton turned his attention back to his phone to let me write in piece.

A couple minutes later, I slid the notebook across teh table back to Alex.

"That's what I'm feeling works."

He read it over and nodded.

"Tune?" He looked up at me through his eyelashes before humming out a little tune.

"I think in general, pretty decent but maybe pick up in the middle and slow down at the end with a little instrumental, violin maybe."

"I like the way you think." He agreed scribbling down the ideas before handing the notebook to Calum.
"I think this song would mainly be you." He stated and I turned out of the conversation there to look at my phone as it buzzed.

Hows it going? Getting laid yet? ;)
Aleena asked making me roll my eyes.

Oh yeah, massive orgy.

"Orgy?" Michael asked sniggering.

"Yep, we're all fucking right about now." I responded nodding making him laugh and earning weird looks from his band mates whereas All Time Low just continued doing what they were doing, being used to my remarks by then.

Bitch, how dare you cheat on me

"I thought you're single?" Michael questioned.

"I am and why are you reading my texts, Mr Clifford?"

"Give the girl some space, Mikey." Ashton laughed.

"No." Michael put his arm around my shoulders.
I shuffled and leant into his side so his arm fell around my waist and that's how we stayed for some time.

***

"This isn't fair." I whined from beside Michael as we stood in a park, the others all with us, some playing, some just talking.
Zack was taking photos of it all.

"It's not my fault you're short." He sniggered looking down at me.

"I'm not short, you're just fucking tall!" I dragged him over to the bench and stood on it, putting my hands on his shoulders so he wouldn't join me and become taller than me once again.

"That's cheating."

"It's called being resourceful." I grinned.

"Nope, cheating." He grinned mischeviously.

"Why're you looking at me like that?" I asked, getting ready to run if I had to and I was right to.
He reached up to grab my hips but I jumped from the bench and took off running from him.

"Come back here, missy!" He yelled running after me.

"No! Never! Calum, save me!" I stopped behind Calum and held onto his arms so he wouldn't move out oft he way.

"What're you two doing?" He chuckled as Michael stopped infront fo us, panting heavily and doubled over with his hands on his knees.

"Fuck, I hate running." He stated.

"Shouldn't have tried to cop a feel then." I responded looking out from behind Calum, still holding him in place.

"I wasn't trying to-I was just going to pick you up." Michael olled his eyes as he looked at me.
"I'm not a pervert."

"Never said that, I just said you want to touch my boobs and I don't blame you, they're fantastic."

Michael smirked at me as he straightened up.

"The only way I'll believe that is if you let me to-"

"I'm out." Calum turned to face me.
"He's harmless." He informed before walking off.

"Don't leave me with him." I whined watching after Calum, letting my guard down long enough for Michael to wrap his arms around my waist and lift me.
"You shit!" I exclaimed almost wrapping my legs aruond his waist on instinct.

"Gotcha." He grinned.

"Well done, now put me down."

"Nah, you're going to want to hold on."
I took his advice and wrapped my legs around his waist, resting my right hand on the back of his neck and letting my other fall to his shoulder.

"Your hair is so fucking thin." I stated lifting my left hand back up to play with it as he started to walk.

"I know."

"It's because you dye it so much, you know that, right?"

"Yes."

"Then why do you do it?"

"I get bored." He shrugged, moving his arms to get a better hold on me.
"Are you hungry?"

"Are you crossing the fucking road?" I asked gripping onto him tighter as I noticed a car zoom past.

"How else are we going to get there?"

"Get where?"

He set me down only to take my hand and lead me into a resturant.

"How big is your biggest table?" He asked the hostess.

"It can seat ten people." She stated.

"Great, is there one available right now?"

"Yes, it's at the back. Is the rest of your party following?"

"They'll be here in a minute."

"What name?"

"Clifford."

"Wonderful." She wrote down his name before leading us to the back.
"I'll have someone come over once the others have arrived."

"Thanks." He smiled politely then sat down in one of the chairs facing out into the resturant.
"Sit down then." He chuckled, tugging on my hand so I sat beside him.

"I didn't bring enough money out for this." I notified.

"That's alright, I'll pay."

"Mikey-"

"Shut up, I'm buying you dinner whether you like it or not."

"Fine, whatever." I stole the menu from his hands and started to look it over.

Ten minutes later, the others finally joined us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you guys have any ideas what can happen during Rayne's chapters because I really don't and winging it only goes so far