Status: Finished

The Anthem for a Dying Breed

"I Don't Mean To Be a Bother But Have You Seen This Girl?" Remembering Sunday, All Time Low

Another pointless disagreement about something we wouldn't remember only minutes later.

"Fuck you." I spoke to Aleena, almost galring.

"Yes, you do, we're married, remember?" She responded with a smirk, wiggling her eyebrows at me from where she sat in her seat up to the table outside of our bus.

Adam and Danny were with us, both also sat around the table, Adam going through photos on his laptop.

"I know, I just like pointing it out."

"I'm flattered. You must really enjoy fucking me."

"I love hearing you scream my name, baby." I smirked winking at her.

"I thought I'm the dude in this relationship?"

"Why do we need a dude? We're both girls, that's kind of the point."

"I know but I want to wear the pants."

"Does this mean I have to wear dresses, or that I have to be naked?"

"Naked, definitely naked." She smirked and I winked before unbuckling my belt and popping open the button on my shorts and letting them drop to my ankles.

"I chose the right girls to befriend." Danny announced grinning widely as he looked at Adam who was looking at me weirdly by then.

"What?" I asked.
"My wifey wants me naked so I'm getting at least partially naked."

"Yeah but in the middle of the lot?" He sighed.
"Hey guys." He greeted the owners of the footsteps that had approached from behind me.

"Should I even ask?" Alex asked so I looked over my shoulder to notice he was with Michael.

"Oh hey!" I grinned nudging Michael so he stopped staring at my shorts that were in a pile on the floor around my feet.

"Nice greeting." He joked looking at me.

"What're you doing here?" I asked sliding my shorts back up my legs and buttoning them back up.
"Thought you're in thestudio today?"

"They don't need me right now so I thought I'd see if you're busy." He shrugged.

"No, she's not, take her away." Adam said.

"You're mean." I pouted at him as he chuckled.

"You know I love you really, Ryane."

"Who doesn't?" I took Michael's hand.
"Oh yeah, before we go; guys, meet Michael Clifford, sexy as fuck guitarist from 5 Seconds of Summer."

"As if we don't know." Aleena scoffed.

"I didn't." Danny stated.
"Hey man, I'm Danny." He waved slightly.
"If you plan on fucking Rayne, don't, it'll cause a lot of shit."

"You're a shit head, Worsnop." I notified before dragging Michael off, leaving Alex with the others.

"You slept with Danny Worsnop?" Michael asked shocked.

"Yeah, we've been friends for a long time and it was bound to happen one day, the timing was just really bad."

"Why? What happened?"

"Uh it's more than a few sentences long."

"I've got time."

"Alright."

So, I explained to Michael everything that had happened throughout Warped.

"Wait so you were hanging with Austin, fucked Danny then foudn out Austin was pissed because he likes you. You made up, started dating and then he got pissed, again, and broke up with because of the hickeys and now you're sort of cool?"

"Nail on the head."

"I thought he's a really good guy though?" He frowned.
"I looked up to him but he's like this?"

"I do too. It wasn't right of him to act that way but he explained and it makes sense now, sort of. Just, he's a really good guy, Mikey, one of the best I've ever met."

"If you can say that, I guess I'll take your word."

"Or you could just meet him? I know they're going a signing now and then they're on stage but after that, I'll take you to meet them, if you'll still be around then."

"Yeah." He nodded smiling widely.
"Sounds good."

***

"I can't believe people actually believe this shit." Michael stated as we headed towards the stage to catch Of Mice & Men's set.

We had been sat around scrolling through Twitter on his phone when we saw a whole bunch of tweets and pictures about us from the past couple days.
People were saying we were on dates or together, or just plain ol' fucking and it was causing hassle we didn't want to have to deal with.

"Me either." I took his phone from his hand so he put his arm around my shoulders, letting me look at the newer tweets.
"Someone literally just took a picture of us." I stated looking around and waving at a small group of girls near a merch tent that were looking our way.
They all rushed to turn around once they realised they had been spotted making both of us laugh.

"They get weirder all the time." Michael mentioned.
"Like the other day, this girl literally threw herself at the car when we were driving away from the radio station. Her leg literally got caught under the car and she tried to sue us!"

"What nerve."

"I know!"

We reached the stage a few songs into the set.
Before we headed to the stage, I made sure we went back to my bus so I could get my camera so, I set to work taking photos of the band and boy beside me.

When Of Mice & Men were finished, they ran off stage, Alan giving me a weird look before going past, Austin slowly stopping in front of us.

"Hey." I greeted when he didn't say anything.
"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, fine." He nodded, crossing his arms over his chest notifying me he was lying.

"That's bullshit." i scoffed and looked up at Michael.

"How about I give you a minute?" He offered.

"Thanks, Mikey."

Michael smiled uneasily before turning and walking off to talk to a fan that had a backstage pass and had been trying to get his attention all set.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly, stepping closer to Austin and gently pulling his arms down to his sides.
He wanted to talk to me, it was clear by the fact I could actually move his arms. If he didn't want to talk, he wouldn't have let me.

"Who's he?" He asked licking his lips and lowering his voice.

"Michael Clifford, plays guitar in 5 Seconds of Summer. He's a good friend of All Time Low's and I met him a couple days ago when Adam sent m eoff with them that day."

"There's been a lot of stuff, pictures."

"I know, we just saw them. Do you believe any of that shit?"

"I know you like me but he's much better for you. You seem to really get along in photos and he makes you laugh a lot and you him."

"We get along, you make me laugh." I countered, taking his hands into my own.
"Come on Austin, I thought we've been through this, I wouldn't do that to you."

"We're just friends remember?" He scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Currently, yes but I plan to change that one day soon enough. But if you keep acting like this, it's never going to happen."

"I'm sorry." He let out a heavy breath and took his right hand from mine so he could hold my face.
"I'm just really aware I'm not good enough for you."

"You're more than I deserve so shut the fuck up." I nuzzled my face into his hand and kissed his palm.
"I only have eyes for you, okay?"

"Okay." He smiled.

"Now go shower because you fucking stink."

"Shower with me." He winked then giggled making me roll my eyes.

"No, I'm going to explain to Michael what just happened and then apologise on your behalf because I don't want him thinking you're a dick. He's a really big fan of yours, Austin, he really looks up to you."

"Let me apologise myself, I feel bad now."

"Good, you should." I took him over to Michael who was then stood on his own, once again looking at his phone.
"Mikey." He slowly looked up and then put his phone away, noticing Austin.

"Hey man, I'm sorry about that, I just thought I had competition." Austin admitted bluntly.
"I'm really fucking jealous when it comes to Rayne."

"It's fine." Michael chuckled.

"She said you like my band?"

"Yeah, the new album is awesome."

"Thanks." Both boys grinned.
"I'm prety sure Aaron likes your new album so if you want, you're welcome to come hang on our bus."

"He doesn't have a choice." I announced making Austin chuckle.

"This way then." Austin motioned for Michael to join which he did, the two boys getting into conversation about their bands making me smile.
I was glad they got along, I had a feeling Michael wasn't going to leave my life soon so I needed him to get along with Austin so things didn't become hard for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
that conversation between Aly and Ray right at the beginning, yep that's a conversation I had today with Oli via text, yep, bringing reality to fantasy since 2014