Status: Finished

The Anthem for a Dying Breed

"Leave Me With Some Kind Of Proof It's Not A Dream" The Only Exception, Paramore

For half an hour, I sat across one of the many picnic tables around the venue, staring at Ben intently but he still didn't talk to me. Not even a whisper.

"What's going on?" James questioned sitting beside me and muttering quietly in my ear, eyes glued to Ben who was staring down at his phone, scrolling every now and then, a blank expression on his face.

"Dunno." I responded quietly.
"This dickweed won't talk to me."

"What did you do?"

"Nothin', just mentioned Aly and the little shit turned all emo on me and I mean proper Pete Wentz."

"Maybe it's 'cause she hooked up with Tony and Ben is jealous."

"Will you two shut the fuck up?! I can hear you y'know!" Ben exploded, glaring at us before getting up and storming off.

"Definitely the Aaly banging Turtle thing." I responded and looked at James.
"How'd you find out 'bout that?"

"Danny."

"Should've guessed." I rolled my eyes.

"He also told me a couple other things too."

"Like?" I shuffled closer to the drummer, expecting gossip but only learning my own secrets.

"You like it rough." He smirked and I once again roleld my eyes and moved away from him.
"That true?"

"Yeah, I guess, to an extent." I shrugged taking a chip from Sam's plate as he sat opposite us, in the seat Ben previously occupied.

"What did you to say to Ben?" The bassist asked, picking up his burger and squishing it slightly before taking a large bite.

"Nothing, to him. We were discussing how he's jealous of Tony fucking Al." James stated and Sam nodded in understanding but said no more.

"Come on my little slut, we need to get going!" Danny called but no-one responded so he walked over and wrapped his arms around my neck loosely from behind, his chin resting on my head.
"Didn't you hear me?"

"I heard you but I'm not answering to that." I responded shaking him off.

"Fine, come on you beautiful angel let's head off before Austin thinks we're fucking again."

"Better." I nodded and got up ruffling Sam's hair before linking arms with Danny and heading to Of Mice & Men's bus.

***

"Hey." Alan greeted smiling as we stepped into the front lounge.

"Hello you sexy beast." I responded earning only a glare.
"Oh come on Alan, you can't be pissed at me still." I whined falling onto the couch beside him and resting my head on his shoulder.

"I just don't trust you." He responded.

"The only threat there was was Danny and now I've seen his pin dick I don't want it anymore." I responded and slowly, Alan started to laugh, after trying to fight back his smile.
"Ay, there's my handsome little kitten!" I grinned throwing my arms around his torso making him laugh again.

"Handsome little kitten?" Austin asked walking over doing up his belt.

"He is though." I defended.

"He is." Austin agreed chuckling.
"You ready?"

"You're the one without a top, not that I'm complaining." I responded letting go of Alan to stand up.

"We're going to a lake, Rayne." Austin rolled his eyes stepping over to her.

"Wait, we are?" I looked over at Danny confused who only grinned innocently.

"You didn't tell her?" Austin asked shocked.
"How is she supposed to go in the lake if she's not ready?"

"I thought she could just skinny dip."

"You're a shit head." I responded.

"Hey, you're the one that's always on about needing a fuck, I was just trying to speed up the process!"

"You tell him that?" Austin asked me quietly so I looked up at him.

"He's one of my best friends, Austin."

"I know." He sighed.
"It's just, weird."

"I'm not hinting to him anything." I took Austin's hand cautiously.
"Do you still want to do this?"

"Yeah." He nodded.
"Let's go get you ready."

"Alright." I smiled and held his hand a little tighter as he grabbed his bag before we left the bus.

***

Austin and I were still at the lake for the sunset, he had planned it that way.

"I keep thinking about when Warped ends." He started so I turned my head so I could look at him from where I was laid with my head on his thighs.

"What about it?"

"What does that mean for us?" He licked the corner of his lips as he looked down at me, leaning a little further back on his arms.

"Things won't change, at least I hope not." I responded.

"I don't want things to change but I tour and you'll be off with some other band."

"I've nothing planned."

"Really? But everyone has been asking Adam what you're doing after this."

"Correction, they've been asking after Aly, she's always been more skilled at the photo stuff. I mean, I'm not shit but she's got that certain something, ya know?"

"She is really good."

"Exactly. She's got loads of offers but I'm betting she'll be with Pierce, ya know hanging with her boy."

"Well, you could hang with yours." Austin offered looking up at the sky so I copied.

"But I don't have one."

"What am I then?"

"Aus, you know I like you and I do want to be with you but fuck, this is just different, I can barely touch you without thinking you're going to change your mind and kick me to the kurb."

"I wouldn't do that."

"You did before."

Austin's body shuffled slightly then his left hand was turned my head so I would look at him, his gaze burning into my skin.

"I know and I still feel really fucking pathetic and stupid for that. If I hadn't done that, we'd be together by now and that really fucks me up Rayne, a lot. I know it's my fault, I'm not blaming you but I'm not going to do it again." He took a deep breath.
"I want to be with you, I want to be yours. I want to have you in my arms and hold your hands. I want more days like this, just us in our own little world not worrying what's waiting when we get back. And I want you, I want your body, I want your hands on my body, your lips on mine." I licked my lips and swallowed hard.
"I want you in every way and I've realised that nothing else matters, none of the past, not even the fact you have a lot to teach me. I'm willing to learn and to try this out."

"Are you saying you want a relationship with me, like now?"

"Yeah, I guess." He nodded.

"Alright."

"Alright?"

"Yeah, alright."

"I give you this long speech about wanting you and accepting all the shit we've both done and all you've got to say is alright?" He groaned falling back so he was laid down, laying his arms over his eyes.
"That took a look of balls for me to say, Rayne."

"I know." I bit back giggles as I sat up and crawled to hover over him, not allowing my weight to told him yet.

"I know" He mocked.
"Seriously, do you even wa-" I pressed my lips to his gently then giggled.

"I'd love to start a relationship with you, Austin." I notified when he looked at me, his hands laying on my thighs as I I sat on his stomach, careful not to apply too much of my weight, I didn't want to crush him after all.

"Really?" He smiled widely when I nodded.
"Great."

"So that's it, relationship started?" I asked nervously.

"Relationship started." He confirmed, pulling me back down to him for another soft kiss.