Status: Finished

The Anthem for a Dying Breed

"No one bites back as hard on their anger" Behind Blue Eyes, Limp Bizkit

The catering tent is always busy, no matter the time of day, it was full.
As I sat there, I started to wonder if the plan Vic and I came up with was a good idea or not. I figured that if I was doubting the plan, it could very well backfire and things could get worse but I also figured it was the only plan we had and sitting around doing nothing wasn't good enough.

"Hey Alan!" Vic called over the ginger haired guitarist as he left the food tables, a plate in his hands.

Alan walked over, a wide smile on his face and plopped down beside Vic, purposely not sitting next to me. Even though Alan and I were perfectly fine friends, he didn't fully trust me after the Danny stunt and also, I tended to hit on him just to creep him out and he must've thought being as far from me as possible would stop that. Or the seat next to Vic was just closer and he didn't want to push past people to take the spare seat beside me.

"Hey." Alan greeted.

"Time to go." I announced standing up.

"But you've barely touched your food." Alan noted, giving me a confused expression, then looking at Vic even more confused as the singer too stood up, a full plate on the table in front of him.

"Yeah but we've got a thing to do." Vic replied picking up his plate and motioning to the exit of the tent with his head.

"What kind of thing?" Alan was getting more suspicious by the second.

"A very important thing." I answered, purposely winking at Vic making him laugh.

"We're not going to have sex, we wouldn't do that." Vic stated knowing that was exactly what Alan was thinking in that moment. "We just need to do some photo stuff and wanted someone to keep Aly company."

"Oh." With that, Vic and I left the tent to sit on a patch of grass a little way off, out of Alan's view but we could still see him and Aleena.

"What're you two doing over here?" Mike asked plopping down beside his older brother, Tony also joining us, taking the space beside me.

"Eating, chilling, ya know." Vic mumbled around a mouth of food.

"Thought you were with Aly?" Tony asked carefully, knowing exactly how annoyed we were with him for ignoring my best friend.

"Yeah but we thought we'd give her some time with Alan." I stated, watching his expression, hiding my grin of achievement when his jaw tightened and he looked down at the ground, his tell tale signs of jealously. "They're really enjoying their alone time." I noted, looking over at the pair to see them laughing hard, at what I had no clue but it was clearly hilarious.

"Good for them." Tony grumbled and got up, brushing his jeans off harshly. "Tell her she should probably collect her shit from my bunk and move it to his." Then, he turned and stormed off.

"That wasn't supposed to happen." Vic noted after a few moments of sitting in shocked silence.

"Were you two trying to make him jealous?" Mike asked, taking a slice of pizza from my plate.

"We thought he's storm in there and claim his girl back."

"He thinks there's no point, that she's over him and doesn't give a fuck about her. Trying to do the same back."

"Well them, fuck, we really screwed that one up." I said, looking at Vic. "What now?"

"I don't think there is anything you can do anymore." Mike clarified getting up. "He's made his mind up now that's happened and you won't be able to convince him it's a set up. Best to justleave it be. Is there anymoer of that pizza left?"

"I don't know." Mike rolled his eyes before walking to the tent.

"How are you going to tell Aly?" Vic questioned.

"Why've I got to tell her?"

"She's your best friend."

"She's more likely to beat me for fucking this up."

"Don't tell her we made it worse." He shrugged.

"You expect me to lie to her?"

"No, just leave that part out."

"I can't do that."

"Fine, make her mad at you, do what you want, your friendship on the line."

"You're not helping." I groaned and laid down, covering my face with my hands.

"Guessing she won't come on tour with us now."

"No shit, Sherlock."

"Hey." Austin greeted as I felt slight pressure on my stomach so I moved my hands to see his head resting carefully on me as he stretched across the grass, eyes bright as I looked at him. "Take it things went wrong?"

"Yup." I nodded, leaning up onto my elbows so I could continue to look at him without hurting my neck.

"Why don't you bring her on tour with us, we'll get her mind off of it?"

"What a fabulous idea, sir." I grinned which he mirrored.

"Thank you ma'am."

***

Something told me Aleena had already found out that Tony wanted her out of his life. Something gave me a bad feeling about what was about to happen next but I didn't have a chance to try and think about what I could do as Aleena was already infront of me, face red, almost as red as her eyes.

"What did you fucking do?!" She screamed and in an instant, the whole group around us fell silent. "You fucking ruined it, didn't you?!"

"I thought it'd help." I answered calmly. If both of us were to get angry all Hell would break loose and I really didn't feel like ruining everyone's night by trying to contain two unhinged girls.

"When do you ever help?! All of your little schemes and plans go wrong, Rayne!"

"No they don't." I scoffed folding my arms over my chest tightly knowing that I wouldn'tstay calm for long if she continued to shout at me. I would either break down and start crying or start shouting back so I was trying to hold myself together. "My ideas have saved more than they've broken."

"It doesn't seem that way." That was when the first tear rolled down her cheek and she wiped at it furiously. "He doesn't want anything to do with me." She stated, sobs shaking her body as she covered her face with her hands.

"He's being stupid." I soothed, wrapping my arms around her body, focusing my energy on keeping her together now. "In a few days, we'll go off with Of Mice and we will have loads of fun and it'll give him time to realise he's being a dickwad and give you time to realiseyou deserve better than that."

"I'm not going on tour with anyone." She stated.

"I know you were going to go with Pierce but Austin said you should come with us."

"I just said I'm not going on tour with anyone." She snapped pushing me away, tears all wiped away and simply pooling, not spilling.

"What? Why not?" I frowned. "It'll be fun."

"For you, you'll be off fucking Austin all the time while I'm left hearing about yoru perfect fucking relationship."

"You think I'd ditch you for Austin?" I glanced at Austin to know I meant no wrong by it it and could tell that he knew exactly how I meant it to sound.

"You always ditch everyone for Austin, you ditched Adam, ditch me, we don't do movie nights anymore because you're always off with him!"

"If you would've just told me how much this gets to you, you know I would be by your side in a second so don't give me that bullshit, Aleena. Don't make this about me and Austin."

"Why not, everything else is?"

"You know what, I'm not dealing with this shit right now. I know you're upset because of Tony and you don't know to handle this kinda thing so getting mad is how you handle it but taking it out on me is not right and you know it. When you've calmed the fuck down, come find me but until then, yep, I'm going to be with my boyfriend, okay?"

Aleena simply nodded guiltily knowing that what I said was true and that she had to calm down.

"Good, go talk to Alex, he always calms you down but don't you dare shout at him or anyone else, because if you will I swear I will fuck you up."

"I won't." She spoke softly. I nodded, accepting her words before taking Austin's hand and dragging him back to my bus.

"You okay, babe?" He asked softly.

"Don't be all gentle on me right now Austin, that's not what I need." I warned putting my left hand on my hip as I faced him and running my right hand through my hair.

"What do you need?"

"I was trying so hard not to shout at Aly and it's all bubbling inside of me and I need to get it out."

"Okay, how can I help?"

"I'm going to need you to fuck me really fucking hard, okay?" Austin's eyes widened slightly.

"Are you serious?"

"Deadly. I strongly suggest you do this or else you're going to have to put up with me in a shitty mood and I won't want anything to do with you until it's gone."

"No, don't ignore me." He whined. "I'll fuck you however you want, just talk me through it."

"You know that anger you felt when you found out Danny fucked me really hard and I really fucking enjoyed-" Austin's face went hard befroe he pushed me against the fridge and kissed me hard. "Good boy." I breathed out as he pulled away for a minute, a smirk on his lips.

***

It took until lunch the next day that Aleena sat beside me, up to the table on our bus, and wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"I'm sorry about last night."

"I know now explain what you meant about no tour." I responded as she straightened up, letting me put another forkful of food into my mouth.

"I need a break from all this. I need time to just relax and see some sights."

"Alright, where we going?"

"I'm going to Spain, you're going wherever it is Austin is going."

"Like I'm going to let you do this alone." I scoffed.

"Rayne-" She sighed heavily as she spoke my name.

"Aleena." I replied, mocking her tone. "I'm going with you no matter what you say."

"What about Austin?"

"I-" I put down my fork only then seriously thinking about it. "I guess I'm going to break up with him." I mumbled.

"What?! No! No fucking way!" She exclaimed. "You're so happy with him, you can't."

"I have to."

"No, you don't, you really don't. Why would you even say that?"

"I can't explain it properly I just know I need to, it's the right thing to do under these circumstances."

"But you love him."

"Which is why I need to do this now, before either of us fall in love. He can get over me and I him at this stage but any longer and things will be real shit for us both."

"It'll be shit anyway."

"I know, but I'll deal."
♠ ♠ ♠
This was hella long and I know I said Oli would be writing this chapter but basically, she's a shit head but she definitely will be writing the next chapter

Also, sorry I ended the chapter so shit and weird, I'm just bad at ending things