Status: Finished

The Anthem for a Dying Breed

"Taste my treat" - Scream For My Ice Cream, Blood On The Dance Floor

HEY THERE RAY RAY, DO YOU WANNA HAVE AUSTIN'S BABIES? XD
I pressed "send" on the text and glanced up as her phone beeped, and she pulled it out of her pocket to check. Her expression was quality material, and I quickly took a snapshot on my phone for later: she looked as though she might have died laughing if she hadn't been so pissed off.

Bowing her head, she set to work, fingers flying over the phone of her screen as she typed.
My phone beeped a few seconds later. It read: FUCK YEAH, I DO! YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT, YOU LITTLE SHIT???
I bit my lip to hold back giggles as Adam called for our attention.

"Are you guys going to sit there and text like teenage girls, or are we going to get stuff done toady?" he demanded, picking up his camera.

"Lets do stuff!" Ray and I chorused, clapping and air-punching for extra enthusiasm.

"Graet, now, DSLRs are typical choice - you guys know that. But which lense are you taking? You can't carry around the entire equipment case in this heat, so think about quality and convenience." he reminded.

We nodded dutifully, and Rayne set about locating our cameras in amongst some of the suitcases.

"Here you go, mate," Rayne said, handing me one of two identical cameras (Adam's camera was way more swish than ours), "Which lense?"

"I want the 55-300 milimetre." I replied automatically; cameras weren't difficult to figure out once you had the basic knowledge. Adam had essentially built on what we knew, and because he was so collected and laid-back, it hardly ever felt like work at all.

"Right. I'll take the 18-55 milimetre." she added. Adam nodded and picked up his way-nicer-than-ours camera.

"Good. So, I'll expect some decent close-ups from you, Al, and some live footage from Rayne. OK?" he confirmed.

"OK." we chorused again.

"That was weirdly organised. Are you guys always so in sync?" Vic piped suddenly.

I jumped at the sound of his voice - I's completely forgotten the guys were still in the bus.

"Jesus, would you not do that?" I mumbled, covering my face with my hands. Vic chuckled and shrugged.

"Do what?"

"Scare the frigging crap out of me?" I sighed hanging my head dramatically.

"Are you hung over?" Austin asked, peering over at us. I shook my head, hair flying out in arches around my face.

"Apparently, she only had two daiquiris last night." Adam chipped in, grinning smugly. Vic looked over at us disbelievingly.

"I am so going to have to take you out drinking with us one day!" he declared, shaking his head disapprovingly. I shrugged and smiled slightly, feelionig my socially awkward stupidity take over again.

"Well, what can I say to that?" I said, fidgeting in my seat. He smiled calmly, moving to lean against the counter by my side.

"Yes." he stated. I nodded shyly and he nodded back, sending me an assured smile.

"Alrighy, then," Adam declared, "Shall we get you girls your first taste of Warped?"

I bet Rayne would rather get her first taste of Austin, I thought, watching her as she inconspicuously craned her neck to get a glimpse of his arse.
I must have zoned out, because Adam chucked a cushion in my face.

"Quit your daydreaming, you moron!" he shouted, looking exasperated.

"Love you too, you sexy beast." I chuckled. Vic grinned at me and I smiled back.

"Time to go face the heat, I'm guessing." Austin said.
I bet you would rather make heat with Rayne.
The thought made me giggle, and everyone turned to look at me. I looked away quickly, pretending to adjust my camera lense.

"Alright, then," Adam said eventually, "lets go."

*

Stepping out into the morning's sun was like sticking your face into an oven. There seemed to be no other way to describe it, and I groaned, narrowing my eyes at the cloudless azure sky.

"Fuck me, that's hot." I grumbled, leaning against Rayne's arm.
"What, now, in front of everyone, baby?" Rayne asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"Hmm," I pretended to deliberate, trying to look thoughtful. "Yeah, that may not be the best idea." I said eventually. She laughed and pulled my baseball cap over my eyes.

"Yeah, lets save that for tonight." she agreed. Austin looked over at usas the last of the guys stepped out of the bus.

"What's happening tonight?" he said, eyes, focussing on Ray. Rayne didn't seem to see or hear this (or at least pretended not to) and pulled me off into the opposite direction. I pulled against her skinny arm, making her stop once we had reached a distance of at least twenty feet from the bus.

"What are you doing, you doughball?!" I demanded, glancing from her to Austin and back.

"What do you mean?" she replied, looking unfazed.

"That's Austin fricking Carlile. For the love of all that's good, please go and fuck the daylights out of him!"

Rayne shrugged and grinned.

"He doesn't want to fuck me." she stated. I stared at her, slightly annoyed.

"You're a twat." I said, puching past her and heading into the small crowds gathering already.

"Love you too, you sexy beast!" she laughed from behind me. I turned to flip her off, then carried on walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, my dears! I know it's been a fairly long time since I've updated (AHAHAHAH, yes you can laugh cynically), and I'm sorry. But here's another one for what's left of you gorgeous readers!

ALSO! MAD PROPS TO MY CHICKEN NUGGET WIFE BITCH!
SHE'S THE SHIT and also really scary when she threatens to kill me if I don't update.
XD