Status: Finished

The Anthem for a Dying Breed

"She's a Good Girl, she's Daddy's favourite" - Good Girls are Bad Girls, 5 Seconds of Summer

Aleena looked over at me nothing short of amusement on her face.

We had been sat around on a little section of a dried out field around the back of the bus area.
We were joking around, I was trying to tan when Austin and Adam suddenly joined us.

Instantly, I sat up and reached for my t-shirt, not wanting Austin to see me in my bikini top. Adam on the other had had already seen me in much worse states.

"Awh baby hiding away already?" She smirked at me, laughing at my inability to find the opening of the clothing in my hand.

"Are we interrupting, ladies?" Adam asked looking at me weirdly.
"Are you blushing?"

"Shut the fuck up." I quickly jumped up and walked off a few feet even if the eyes were still on me yet still couldn't put on the top as I was too nervous.

"Hey, want some help?" I flinched away from the voice and held the cloth to my chest as I looked up at Austin who had suddenly materialised beside me.

"W-what?"

"Your t-shirt." He nodded at it, slipping his hands into his pockets.
"You look like you're having trouble."

"Oh, right." I nodded and slowly extended my arms to him. He smiled lightly and took the item, easily folding it back the right way before slipping it over my head.
"Thanks." I smiled awkwardly as I put my arms in the sleeves.

"No problem." He grinned then it faltered slightly.
"Uh, we're having a party tonight, on my bands bus, I wanted to know if you'd join me-us, join us." He blushed, rubbing his neck.
"It'd be really cool if you'd come-not saying it won't be anyway, I'm just saying, I'd like it if you came."

"Can Aly come too?"

"Yeah, if she wants."

"Then sure, we'll be there."

"Great." He grinned which I returned before we sat back with the other two.

"Better now, missy?" Aleena once again smirked at me.

"Yeah, wish I had longer to work on my tan though, I'm getting pale man." I pouted which she rolled her eyes at.

"You didn't need to put your clothes on because of us." Adam stated.
"I've seen you naked, Rayne, I'm pretty sure seeing you topless doesn't worry you."

"Naked?" Austin mumbled looking between us confused.
"You two..." He trailed off, staring at me intently as if he'd find the answer in my eyes.

"We share a bus and Ray loves neglecting her clothing." Aleena grinned.

"America is hot, okay." I glared at the girl then looked at Adam.
"I didn't even realise you were on the bus that day, okay."

"Yeah, right. You were just trying to seduce me." He winked.

"It fucking worked by the fact your dick tried to come out and say hello."

Austin fell to his side, curling up as giggles took over his body while Adam blushed.

"Hey, it's been a while since I've had an attractive female naked in front of me."

"There's a little magical thing called jerking off, Adam, you should try it some time."

"Show me how and I might." He smirked.

"Oh honey, I am not going to traumatise myself like that."

Austin laughed harder at the look on our friends face.

"Don't you have someplace to be?"

"Nope."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"You can come take photos of me." Austin suddenly suggested sitting up.
"If you want."

"Sure."

"Anything for the wank bank." Aleena added as Austin helped me to my feet. I glared at her as she sniggered with out mentor.
"As much as I'd love to see a little Rayne-Austin baby you better not get my wifey pregnant, Austin."

"Ohmygod, shut up." Heat pricked my neck so I grabbed Austin's hand to drag him away from the girl.

"We'd make a cute baby." He suddenly said, giggling when I gave him a weird look.
"We would! You've got to admit, we've got good genes."

"Any kid you have would turn out cute, no matter how fucking ugly the woman is."

"What? No they wouldn't. I can't make an attractive baby with an ugly woman."

"Austin, you're attractive enough for like twelve people."

"I'm not a mirror."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"No, tell me."

"It's just that it sounded like you were talking about yourself, not about me."

"You're way more attractive than I am."

"That's not possible, no-one's more attractive than you." That line added with his adorable, warm smile made my whole face heat up.

"I need to go grab my stuff." I mumbled, looking at my feet, fiddling with my belt as we walked.

"That's fine." Suddenly, his lanky arm was around my shoulders and I was right against his side.

***

Austin kept me as close to his side as possible throughout the entire day, he even asked me if I would teach him to take good photos and after hours of saying he should ask Adam instead yet he wouldn't give in, I did.

So there we sat, on top of his bus as the sun started to get lower in the sky.

"Wait, what am I adjusting?" He asked looking at the camera buttons in his hands confused.

"Press that one." I laughed pointing at the button. He nodded and did as he was told before holding the camera back up.
"It's on burst mode so it'll take a whole bunch one after another if you hold the button down slightly longer.

"If I hold it down long enough will it take enough photos for the whole of the sunset?"

"No, it's not on the right setting."

"Oh." He looked disappointed but started to take pictures of various sights we could see from where we sat.

Austin Carlile is not a man who should experience disappointment in my opinion so I set up the camera in my hands to capture the sun set while he was focused on taking pictures of his band who were on the ground, sat around at table drinking beer and listening to surprisingly gentle music for a band such as them.

"Look." I urged tugging Austin back to my side as the sun started lowering.
He set down the camera, letting it dangle around his neck to join me, legs dangling over the edge, eyes intent on the view before us.
"I don't really get the chance to see this." I admitted.

"We can make this a regular thing." He shrugged, his shoulder brushing mine.

"What, sitting on your bus watching the sunset?"

"Yeah."

"Alright." I smiled and leant my head on his shoulder only for him to rest his head on top of mine, not that I minded.

It was nice, the closest thing to romance I had been in a long time.
And let's be real, who doesn't want to get all romantic like with Austin Carlile.

"Are you still going to come to the party?" He asked softly, his arms then around me and my legs were hooked over his left one.

"To be honest, I feel too chill now, I kind of just want to curl up and watch Disney, maybe sing along and eat chocolate."

"I want to the do the same."

"Well, we could set up the back lounge of my bus and have a movie night, if you want."

"Really?" I nodded and his arms tightened around me slightly.
"That sounds great. Do you have any movies on your bus?"

"I have Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and the Lion King, all three of them"

"Alright, cool." Slowly, he let go of me so I turned off the camera set up at my side.

"I got the sunset, by the way, I'll connect the camera up when we get there and show you."

"Okay." He grinned excitedly then we both climbed down.

I waited for him to collect everything he wanted from his bus before we headed back to my own for a night I was really excited about.
♠ ♠ ♠
So hey, I've been co-writer for this story since the get go but this is my first chapter so, I've probably totally ruined the whole mood my wifey had going but that's what happens when she makes me write a chapter instead of doing it herself like she should.