Sequel: Zero

rewind

ten.

"Who did this to you?" He had asked, urgency creeping into his usually solid tone. "Marco... Marco!"

The young man in his arms was pale. Too pale compared to the well tanned boy he had grown up with and always known. Still, Marco managed a calm smile and his brown eyes expressed nothing but concern for the man whose clothes were getting stained with blood.

He looked up when he heard someone else standing there with them. A solitary woman with burgundy hair and violet eyes filled with guilt. The gun hanging in her grasp at her side said everything to him. Immediately something in his head clicked and he lashed out.

"You did this, why? Who are you? Who sent you?" He snatched up Marco's pistol from the ground beside him and set off three consecutive gunshots.

The woman didn't say anything, but merely avoided his blind attack to flee the scene. When he moved to go after her, Marco's firm grip on his wrist was the only thing that stop him.

Confused, he looked down with questions surfacing in his eyes.

"Don't Ales," he urged. "Don't. Just leave her. Leave her alone. She-"

Marco cringed with pain, unable to finish his sentence as blood surged from the wound in his abdomen. Ales pressed a hand over it, trying to staunch the bleeding, but it was too much. He swore under his breath as he reached into his pocket to phone for help, only praying that they would come in time.