I Release You Tonight

Prologue

I stared out the window as I heard my phone vibrate and watched Sean get out of his car then promptly run up the driveway. I watched his hand knock on my door before I heard it. I hastily wiped away the tears before getting off of my couch and walking to the door. I pulled James' hoodie closer to my body as if it was to protect me from the hurt I was already feeling from him. It still smelled like him and maybe that's why I wear it when I miss him.

Once I opened the door, I was in Sean's grip and the tears had started once again. His arms cradled me protectively against his body. He smelled like safety and security. I buried my face into his chest as if it would block out my sobs. But it didn't because he heard me. "Jules, Jules you need to breathe." He pulled me away from his chest and quickly shut the front door. I shook my head as my arms shook. "Sweetheart, you need to stop hyperventilating." His voice was soft and calming, sending chills down my back, as his fingers ran through my hair. "Let's go sit down," he carefully led me to the couch in the center of my living room. As we both sat down, he pulled on top of him and ran his fingers through my hair. His arm lay protectively across my back in reach to my long hair. I buried my face into his chest once again, letting the tears run down my face.

"I can't do this anymore Sean," I murmured after a few minutes.

"You don't have to," I can't do the bipolar act from James anymore. He's talking to other girls, and trying to make me jealous. One day he's all affectionate and then the next he treats me like one of his friends. One day, we're making out and cuddling on the couch, whispering cute things in my ear. Then he leaves and ignores me for a few days, as if I never existed. "You deserve so much better than this." I slowly unwrapped myself from Sean's arms and walked over to where my phone was. 5 text messages.

baby, I love you. <3

WHY ARE YOU WITH SEAN?!

fuck you, you're a slut

Sweetheart, James doesn't know what he has nor does he deserve it.

"You told Claude?' I asked quietly, looking over at Sean. He was sitting on my couch watching me. His Flyers hoodie had tear stains on it but it still looked lovely on him.

"He was coming over when I left and asked why I was leaving in a rush," he shrugged. I nodded remembering he had to babysit the Briere boys today.

If he hurts you one more time, the next game I'm knocking him the fuck out. I don't even care if I get suspended. He hurt my little sis, and no one does that without getting hurt. A little smile made it's way to my lips as I read Rinny's text to me. He's the greatest older brother ever. I walked over to Sean, with a small smile on my lips, with my phone in hand and sat next to him. He placed his arm around me as I laid against his chest.

James, I'm friends with Sean. Just because I'm dating you doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have guy friends. GET OVER IT. And FYI, I'm a slut? Ha ha ha. Funny James, funny. I guess I'm such a slut because you're the only one I've been with since we started talking. I doubt you're able to say that. How many naked pictures did you send to your puck sluts? Exactly. I hope you have fun getting STDs. While you're on your way to the clinic, I'd make a stop at your doctors since you're bipolar and you need your meds. I hope no one finds out how you really are. Quit acting like Mr. Nice Guy and own up to your manwhore ways. I'm done. We're done. I'll give you your shit at the next Flyers-Penguins game. I expect my stuff at the same time. Bye.

"Damn," I heard Sean mutter under his breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiiiii.
I hope you enjoy this story. :)