I Release You Tonight

Three

"Just do it, man!" Claude bellowed in my room, tossing me my phone. Just text Jules and ask her if she's free tonight. "You better do it soon... you know how long it takes for girls to get ready for events like this." I nodded my head, agreeing with Claude.

Are you free tonight?

"Sent," I spoke simply.

"What did you say?" he asked before bringing his beer to his mouth. Claude was simple, he could get any girl with a wink of an eye and smirk. Jules calls it his "panty-dropping smile".

"'Are you free tonight?'" he nodded approvingly. After a few minutes of playing NHL13 and drinking beer, she responded.

I'm free. What's up?

Stay calm, Sean, stay calm.

Be my date for the night?

I couldn't say "be my date for whatever Claude is dragging us out for". What do you even say when you just want to be with the girl you like but you don't even know why you're dragging her out for? Before I even had the chance to put my phone down, her name popped back up on my phone and a smile appeared on my face.

Of course. :)

***

Jules walked out of her house in a tight black dress and heels. Her hair flowed behind her as she walked down the driveway to where I was standing outside my car. She looked absolutely gorgeous, just like she always did.

"You look gorgeous," I complimented her as she walked up next to me. Her lips curled into one of the biggest smiles I've seen on her in awhile.

"You look pretty spiffy yourself," she stuck her tongue out at me before turning around and walked over to the passenger door of my car. Jules is something else. What I would give to call her mine... I opened the door and got in the car. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her playing around with her phone. "Where are we going, Mr. Couturier?" her voice was playful and teasing, and I loved every second of it.

"Miss Rinaldo, we are going to dinner with the team then to our usual place." She looked up at me with a confused look.

"What makes tonight so special than any other night?" She had a smirk on her lips. You're my date. I shrugged.

"Captain insists we have dates tonight," he had a plan of his own, that no one but him knew.

"If Captain insists, then we must obey." The sassy, sarcastic, fun-loving Juliette I knew was showing an appearance tonight. Towards the end of their relationship, she wasn't herself anymore. There were moments where you saw a glimpse of who she was just a few months before but then she'd disappear just as quick as an appearance of the old Juliette would show up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm curious now. Who is Team Sean and who is Team James?