I Release You Tonight

Six

It was game four of the series but felt like game seven between Sean and James. My boys were up three games and they just needed to win this one. I knew they could do it. Whether or not there was going to be another brawl or not, was undecided; but very obvious from my side of the story. Zac was going after James and every Penguin that was on the ice with him. He was itching for a fight with James. With Zac going after all the Penguins, they retaliated back. They were going after Sean, Claude, Danny and Zac. I don't know if they did that because those are the people I'm closest to or because they hate them the most.

Once the second period started, it was Sean's and James' lines up against each other. I watched the mess unfold. It was a shit show, I felt like I was in slow motion. No matter how hard I tried to close my eyes, I couldn't. Sean won the face off but James pounced. He leaped and crushed Sean to the ice. They both left the ice, but so did I along with everyone else in Wells Fargo. Tears welled in my eyes as Sean didn't get up. I watched as the trainer and Claude huddled around him. The tears began free falling as the crowd erupted into cheers when Claude and the trainer helped Sean off the ice. It was just like last year, and I know another brawl was about to ensue.

***

"He's in here," the trainer said pointing to the locker room door. The trainer who helped him off the ice and checked him out came up to the suite I was in to get me. He said Sean refuses to go home without me. I walked into the locker room to see Sean sitting with his head in his hands. He was still in the majority of his hockey gear. I walked over and wrapped my arms around him. I didn't care if he smelled. I didn't care if he was all sweaty.

"I'm sorry," I murmured.

"Concussion and bruised ribs," his voice was quiet. I sat down next to him on the bench and pulled his hands away from his face. Before he could react, I kissed his lips softly. His hands sat on my waist as my hands sat on the sides of his face. "Hi," he whispered smiling as we pulled away.

"Hey," I whispered back, smiling. I stood up and began helping him take off his gear.

***

"I just want you to know, even though I'm injured I will still treat you like a princess." Sean's voice was serious against my neck as he stroked my arm.

"I know you will," I murmured. Between his shirt I was wearing and cuddling with him, I could only hope I would smell like him by the time I left the house.

"I want to take you out tomorrow,"

"Babe, you don't have to." I didn't want Sean to overwork himself right now.

"I want to."

"You can only take me out tomorrow if you don't have a headache," I compromised.
♠ ♠ ♠
So. Is anyone still Team James?