Status: Slow updates... Comment and request an update but I'll try to do it weekly... TRY

Survival

Chapter 4

A few weeks later

It's the end of my first term here and I was packing my bags to leave, well not entirely. I wasn't going home for the holidays, instead I was heading to Dan's. We'd become pretty good friends over the past few weeks, I may or may not have developed a slight attraction to the blonde.

I chucked in some jeans, shirts and a couple of beanies then zipped up my bag. I walked into the bathroom and gathered up some toiletries chucking them in a carrier bag then shoving them into a smaller bag which carried all of my notes from the past term.

"Josh, I'm back!" I heard Dan call to me as he shut the door.
"Honey, I'm home!" I teased. He rolled his eyes at me and hugged me.
"You ready to go yet?" I nodded in reply and pulled my bags over my shoulder. Dan grabbed his own bags and we left together locking the door behind us.

"Are you sure you'd rather stay with me then go home Joshie?" Dan asked.
"Hell yeah! I can't sleep without you around now. It's a bad habit. Personally, I blame you for being so freaking cuddly." Dan laughed and wrapped an arm around his waist.
"Josh, can I ask you something important?" I turned my head to look at him and nodded. "Do you prefer Nandos or Burger King?"

THAT'S CLASSED AS AN IMPORTANT QUESTION NOW!? REALLY!? I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO... Nevermind.

"If I had to choose it's gotta be Nandos but I'm already chubby so why not both?!" I grinned at Dan and he rolled his eyes.
"That's not the healthiest of lifestyles though Joshua."

He sounds like my mother jeez. Health has never been my priority really only happiness. I was happy with Max, till I came here, now I'm happy with Dan. For the time being anyway. I guess I'm a bit of a drifter when it comes to guys, Max was just the exception.

We boarded a train (I'm not entirely sure where to, considering I was busy daydreaming about food). We hunted down the carriages looking for seats but there were none near each other, in fact we could only find one free seat throughout the entire train.

Dan told me to sit down and offered to stand as he put our bags in the baggage space over head, but after a lot of arguing and refusals we ended up sharing the seat, myself sitting in Dan's lap.

A few disapproving old women frowned and glared at us throughout the journey but we chose to ignore them and played I spy out of the train window.

"I spy with my little eye something beginning wiiiitttthhhh B!" Dan grinned. "You'll never get it!"
"Can I just give up now then? Guessing requires effort," I sighed.
"Joooossssh you'll ruin the game!" Dan pouted at me and I rolled my eyes, I can't resist that face of his. It's just so pretty!

"Bushes?" I guessed.
"Nope."
"Bird?"
"Nope."
"Banana?"
"Where the fuck did you see a banana?" Dan teased. I shrugged and leant against his chest.
"First word I could think of that wasn't balls or butts," I grinned.

We battled it out in I spy for a few more minutes before we finally reached his stop.
"Now what do you do if my mother offers to show you baby pictures?" He asked me.
"Say yes because it's one of the rare occasions where I get to see you blush." Dan slapped the back of my head playfully and I followed him inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's probably a fuck ton of typos as I wrote this on my iPhone but oh wells. It's been a while but Mandy nagged me to update an voila. Keeping it short and sweet as per usual ;)