Status: I haven't written in three years. I'm still struggling with the deadly disease they call Writer's Block. I would love to know your thoughts on this story!

The Tabletop Talk

Marcy Conners' life has been in the shadows since the death of her brother, Darby. Everything that has once been linked to happy memories is now a painful reminder of what once was and what will now never be. The only place she can't seem to let go of is Lulu's Lemonade, a retro meets rocker cafe known for sinfully delicious lemonade and its famous corner booth where everyone's inner thoughts and secrets can be written down in shiver Sharpie marker for all to see.

On the day marking the one year anniversary of Darby's death, Marcy finds undiscovered writing on the table and can't get the words out of her head. Thinking it was by fate that she had seen the writing, Marcy begins to form a relationship with this stranger by writing messages back and forth to each other. Through their words, Marcy feels like she is not only helping this stranger with his problems, but he is helping her with hers.

But as the messages get deeper and more complicated, Marcy begins to wonder who this person really is. What is he not telling her? What is he planning? And can Marcy stop him before disaster strikes again?