Status: this is a finished story, i will update as many times as i can. Enjoy, leave some feedback **cheers**

The Trouble With Lust Is...

chapter One.

I looked toward my peers as I finished my valedictorian speech. I felt like I accomplished as much as I could throughout my senior year in high school. As everyone clapped, and I headed back toward my seat, Principal Ferguson walked toward the podium, and finished off his speech.

I looked at my dad in the crowd. He had such a glorious smile, a look of admiration. I was the first in his family to be heading to college, and with a full scholarship, he couldn’t be any happier for me. He snapped a few pictures as I waved at him. He wiped away a tear, and waved back.

My best friend Ella Avery shot me a look from her seat. Only she knew how truly, and deeply happy I was to be leaving for New York City in just three short days. I had been accepted to Lehman College for Natural and Social Sciences. I’d finally be able to leave this awful town, finally be able to start my own life.

“Congratulations to the senior class of 2013, you guys did it.” I looked around as my senior class began to throw up their caps. Hugging my cap tightly, I closed my eyes, exhaling. “Thank you, all.” Principal Ferguson walked toward me, and shook my hand. Leading me, off the podium, and to the side.

“Listen, I wanted to just let you know that I sent my recommendation to an alumni friend of mine at Lehman’s. You’ll be interning there during the summer.” He shook my hand, and smiled.

“Oh, thank you, thank you so very much. You don’t know what this means to me.” I smiled. He nodded, then walked away to speak to other students. I looked for my father, noticing him as he walked my way.

“Congrats, mi Niña. I’m so proud of you.” He pulled me in for a hug, and I could hear him as he sniffled. “Your mother would be so proud.” He looked at me, and kissed my forehead. His tired eyes wrinkled as he smiled.

My mother, Sandra, died two years before from an undetected brain clot she developed over the years. I remember when he broke the news to me, how I couldn’t breathe. How I couldn’t even think straight for four months straight. I nearly dropped my GPA because I couldn’t get passed her death. She was only 46.

“Yeah, papi. I know.” I swung my arm unto his waist as we walked and talked. “She’d be proud of you, too. Without you I wouldn’t be where I’m at. I wouldn’t be going to college. Speaking of college, Mr. Ferguson just told me he was able to get me in the internship program. I’ll be starting as soon as I get to New York City.”

Ella walked toward us, and began jumping up, and down in excitement. “Can you believe how awesome this is? I mean, you’re going to New York City, and I’ll be leaving for France for school.” She acknowledged my father, and smiled. “I’m going to steal Sandreya from you for awhile.”

I gave him a kiss on the cheek, and handed him my cap, gown, and diploma. “I’ll see you later.” He nodded, and made his way toward the parking lot. Looking at me, she wiggled her brows. “What?” I asked, suspiciously.

“Trey Morgan is having a party; well his parents are throwing him one. I overheard from Chelsea, who overheard from Victor that everyone’s invited. I know how much you don’t like Trey, but I think we should go.” We waved at a few of our classmates, and headed toward her beat-up car.

Normally, I’d be okay with whatever half-brained schemes Ella was into. Whether it be crashing a college party miles away from her home, or going to beach parties where all they did was smoke weed, but the very idea that I had to be anywhere near Trey Morgan made my eyes burn. That boy, he was the bane of my existence. Like that hang-nail you just couldn’t get rid of, and no matter how much you tried to get rid of it, it always came back. Always causing you pain.

I looked at her as she put her car in reverse, and laughed. “Yeah, like I’d ever be anywhere near that cancer cell.” I flipped my fish-tail braid on my shoulder, and scoffed. “I’d rather take a hot poker to eye.”

She scratched her head, replying “You owe me, remember all those times I went with you on your interviews for scholarships, and all that super boring crap. You could at least humor me for a few hours. Even though you hate Trey, I still think he’s gorgeous, and I want to take a whack at getting a private tour of his bedroom.”

Her shoulder-length black hair whipped as she drove over the speed limit. I always wondered why she stood my friend. I mean, she was beautiful, and everyone liked her. She got everything she wanted, and yet she still remained friends with me. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve always had great self-confidence, I always found myself pretty. But, she was beautiful where I was pretty average.

She was out-spoken, and I thought I was just too shy. I never got passed the wall-flower stage.
Well, that might be a little lie. Whenever I found myself around Trey Morgan I turned into this upset, annoyed bitch. He brought the worst out in me. Ever since we moved to Austin, Texas. He made it clear that he didn’t want that ‘chola’ and my Mexican family anywhere near him. So, pretty much year after year, he tried his best to get under my skin.

“And, here I thought you were just being a supportive friend.” I retorted. “Now I see you just felt obligated to do me those favors.”

“No, of course that’s not what I meant. All I’m saying is that I really want to go, and if you don’t go then I won’t. So please, do me this big ass favor. Just say with me, and once I get what I want, we can leave. We’re not going to see each other for god knows how long, so I’d appreciate this teeny-tiny favor.” She began to beg me with guilty pleading eyes.

I wanted to zone out, but I knew she wouldn’t stop. Her voice raised an octave as she began to sing. Her very thick Texan accent made it harder to ignore her. “Fine, only because I want you to stop hounding me. It’s seriously the worst trait you have.” I joked. She slapped my thigh lightly, somewhat insulted. “I knew I could count on you; that’s why you’re my best friend.”

***
I gripped the clutch Ella lent me, my heart beating the closer we walked to Trey Morgan’s back yard. He lived in a beautiful condo; the parking space was filled with all types of cars. I looked toward Ella, her face void of any emotion. Her motives were clear, she wanted Trey. She’d most likely have him at the end of the night.

“I am so excited. I knew his family had money, but geez.” She quickened her steps, dragging me closer to the sound of music. “Now, the plan is we mingle with a few people. When I see him, I’ll work my magic. You can wait for me, and if you want to leave after we can. Try to have fun.”

A dub-step mix of some song I never heard before played. My palms were sweating, and I was parched. I looked at my watch, and sighed. I really didn’t hang out with Trey’s type of group. I always thought they were a bunch of spoiled brats, not that they ever proved me wrong. I could feel eyes on me as I walked in back of Ella. She waved at a few people, grabbing a cup, and drank from it.

Trey stood on stage, his short dirty blonde hair pressed against a children’s party hat. He laughed as a spoke, oblivious to anyone else. His freshly pressed cargo shorts bounced as he made a fool of himself. What a complete idiot. I rolled my eyes, why did I let Ella trick me into this?

“Okay, time to work my magic.” She replied. Her super short, tight spandex dress stuck to her body. Where I was only 5’6”, she towered over me at 5’10”. Her long tanned legs moved swiftly through the crowd. I grabbed a cup of juice, and stood quietly and watched Ella effortlessly flirt with Trey.

My stomach growled, so I made my way toward the table with food. So many different samples of sandwiches, fruits, and pastries were placed on the long table. Grabbing a small plate, I added a small finger sandwich, and some grapes. I really wanted to stuff my plate, but I didn’t want to seem greedy.

I looked at my watch for the seven times tonight, and sighed. Ella and Trey disappeared from the party almost three hours ago, and here I stood, in a corner. Waiting for Ella, like an idiot. Seconds after deciding I would just walk home, Ella appeared with her heels in her hand. Her hair messy and her mascara smeared as she walked my way.

“Ready?” she asked nonchalantly.

“Wait, what happened to you.” I grabbed her arm, and steadied her. The smell of alcohol on her breath. “Are you drunk?”

She hiccuped, and smiled. “Well aren’t you Captain-fucking-obvious!”

I examined her quickly for bruise marks, and began dragging her toward the front of the Condo. “What the hell is wrong with you? Do you want to get in trouble with your parents?”

She giggled, trying her best to keep up with me. “Like they’d even notice. Anyway, I don’t care. I’m leaving in two days.” She grabbed her keys from her handbag, and handed them to me. “Let’s go to your house, I’m pretty sure--“she hiccuped. “- your dad isn’t home. I can sleep over.”

***
After tossing her into my shower, I helped her to bed. She looked so helpless, so lost. I knew she always had issues with her parents, but I doubted they’d understand why she came home drunk. Being the responsible friend, I called them, lied and helped clean up after her. This was one of the times I wouldn’t miss being around Ella. Sometimes she could be so irresponsible. Sometimes I wish I could be just like her, maybe then high school would’ve been a little more enjoyable.

I turned my light off, and headed to my couch. I really wanted to wait for my dad to get off work, but soon enough I fell asleep. Waking up to the sound of my dad’s turning keys, I sat up, and smiled as he walked in.

“What are you doing up so early?” he asked with his thick Spanish accent. He placed his hat on a hook, and took off his jacket. He worked overnight some days as a janitor. Other times he made money helping our neighbors fix whatever they needed fix. I looked at his face, he looked tired. His dark brown eyes smiled. His thick graying mustache curled at the ends, reminding me of some cartoon character.

“I tried waiting for you, but I fell asleep. Anyway, I’m getting up. Do you want breakfast?”

“No, mi vida. Rest, I’m going to shower, and go to sleep. Wake me up in a few; I have to help Mr. Morgan with some construction work.”

I rubbed my eyes, confused. “Mr. Morgan? As in Trey Morgan’s father?”

“Yeah, I’ve been helping him for awhile. Anyway, I’ll see you in a few. I love you.” He headed toward his room, and closed the door.

The very thought of Trey Morgan made my skin crawl. What could my father possibly do for them that they couldn’t get some contractor to do? I had so many questions running through my head. I needed to talk to Ella. I threw my quilt off of me, and headed to my room. I honestly didn’t care if she was still asleep; I was going to get to the bottom of her drunken night.
♠ ♠ ♠
another story, i hope you guys like.
thanks for reading.
comment, rate, sub, and recommend.
xoxo tiff