Blurred Lines

walk away.

HALLIE LOOKS LIKE A WRECK ON WEDNESDAY MORNING. There are dark circles underneath her eyes, and her attempt at curling her hair has left it looking similar to a rats nest; she wonders, as several eyes fall onto her, if she could have possibly made any worse of a first impression (the girls that linger near a locker and point at her and laugh assure her no, probably not).

For about the fifteenth time that morning, Hallie finds herself again silently cursing the fact that her family has moved. As if yesterday's events weren't enough, now she has to go through the whole 'new kid' experience at Beacon Hills High School, never mind the fact that she has to do it while looking like some sleep-deprived animal. Perhaps if she had gotten any sleep at all the previous night, she may have been able to pick out a decent outfit and make her hair semi-managable. Alas, that wasn't the case.

When she has arrived home from the diner, the first thing her father did was yell at her for 'not telling him where she was going and giving him a heart attack.' As if that wasn't enough, Sheriff Stilinski showed up once again and asked her more questions and, with the amount of questions her parents asked hin in return, he didn't end up leaving their house until near midnight. "We didn't find any solid evidence of what happened," he told them, frowning. "But rest assured that we will be following up on this."

His words did nothing to calm the fear that Hallie felt, and she spent a majority of her night laying wide-eyed in bed, jumping at every squeak and creak that she heard. At one point, the wind caused a branch to scratch at the exterior of her house and she swore some psycho serial killer was clawing his way up to her window. She made it until the morning, though, with barely half an hour of sleep under her belt. When her mother came in to make sure she was awake, she attempted to play the 'oh no I'm your only daughter and I'm trying to recover from a traumatic experience please don't make me go to school today' card, but it was met with no avail. With a groan, Hallie was slipping into a pair of denim shorts and a too-big sweater and shoving an assortment of notebooks and folders into a pink shoulder bag.

In reality, so far, the only redeeming thing about Beacon Hills was that, unlike her old school back in Huntington Beach, the high school had a student parking lot with plenty of open spaces for her to park the Bug— it wasn't exactly a big enough feat to make Hallie feel any better about the place. From the parking lot to the main office, all she witnesses are dirty looks and fleeting glances; she swears, even the secretary that hands her schedule to her stares a few seconds too long with a judging look present on her face.

"Your first class is English," the lady tells her, pointing to the black print. "It shouldn't be hard to find— the room numbers go in order. If you need anything, feel free to come back."

Hallie nods and murmurs a thank you before heading off to the English class taught by Ms. Blake. True to the secretary's words, the classroom is easy to find, and almost as soon as she set out to find it, she was walking through to doors. Though the bell hadn't yet rung, most students were present in their seats already, talking in slightly hushed voices. Hallie chooses to slip into an empty seat in the back of the room, evading any chances at introductions in front of the class (she's seen it in movies and gosh, it looks embarrassing). The woman that Hallie assumes is Ms. Blake sits in the front looking at a computer. She is relatively young and shockingly beautiful, much more than any teachers she has ever had before. When the bell does ring (with some seats still left empty, Hallie notices), Ms. Blake begins taking role.

She starts with 'Allison Argent,' who sits near the front and raises a hand in the air. Several different names are called until she hears 'Hallie Jacobs,' and finds herself raising her own hand with a meek smile on her lips.

"Ah, they said we would be getting a new student," Ms. Blake said, nodding to herself. "You're new to Beacon Hills, I take it?"

Hallie fights the urge to groan; while she escaped introduction in front of the class, she fell right into another one. All eyes are in her direction, waiting, listening for her to nod. Several moments pass before she nods, trying to put a genuine-looking smile onto her face. "Yeah, I just moved in yesterday. I use to live in Huntington Beach."

"I'm sure it's hard to beat Orange County," the woman pauses, an unreadable expression on her face. "But how are you liking it here so far?"

She barely hides a grimace. "Uh, it's——"

As if they were sent from the lord himself, three boys choose that moment to walk in the class talking, saving Hallie from some lie about how much she loved the little town, how great it was. Ms. Blake's, along with the other students', attention has shifted from her to the crew of guys and Hallie reminds herself to thank them later.

It takes them a few moments to notice everyone staring at them before they stop their conversation. One of them says a quick sorry to Ms. Blake before they all slip off towards their seats.

"Scott, Stiles, and— Isaac, is it? Please stay for a few moments after class. I need to have a word with you."

And the boys nod and, just like that, Ms. Blake returns to the front of the class and resumes taking role, all hints of interrogation towards Hallie now gone. From the role call, she learns that the three boys are named Isaac Lahey, Scott McCall, Stiles Stilinski (which she thinks, there is no way that is his real name). She has a good feeling that the Stiles boy is related to Sheriff Stilinski, and wonders if asking him about the situation at her house is inappropriate. He probably wouldn't know anything, though— didn't police have that confidentiality thing? Or is that just doctors? Hallie doesn't learn one thing in that English class on her first day; her mind is focused on the thousands of questions jarring her brain.

Image


THE THING IS, DEREK DOESN'T WANT Isaac to live a completely abnormal life. Just because he isn't exactly human doesn't mean he shouldn't embrace human aspects; school, Derek tells him, is one of the these aspects that shouldn't be taken for granted.

Earlier, Derek had said, "Go to school, Isaac. Get your mind off the whole alpha situation for a few hours." Isaac didn't argue. Even if high school wasn't his definition of a getaway, it was better than going stir-crazy in Derek's house, just thinking of all the ways that the alpha pack could show up and torture him. Plus, he did need an education— it wasn't like being a werewolf automatically made you some genius, nor did it fill the requirements for any decent job he may want in the future.

Not to mention the fact that he spent half of the night obsessing over that girl from the diner and, with any luck, she'd be at the school. When he thought about her more, she had to be near his age, and it wasn't like there were very many options for schooling in Beacon Hills (unless she was one of those private school girls).

So he gets ready and gets into a plain v-neck shirt and dark jeans, hopes he doesn't look like he's just been beaten up by some alpha werewolves and then submerged in ice cold water until he was practically dead, and heads to the high school. He walks there— it's far, but walking helps to get his mind off everything— and he seems to have arrived just as both Scott and Stiles were heading up the front steps into school. Good. Pulling the sleeves off the hoodie he wears under his palm, Isaac half jogs towards the two boys, coming up to the side of Scott with a quick 'hey!'

"Okay, so," Isaac starts, deciding to just get right into it as they walk up the stairs. "Yesterday I'm at some place to eat and this girl is there. I hear her talking on the phone about finding blood and Sheriff Stilinski telling her she wasn't safe and something about a psycho killer— what do you think?"

Scott raises his eyebrows at about the same time Stiles says, "My dad?" Isaac nods.

"You're thinking it has something to do with the alpha pack?" Scott asks, to which Isaac nods once more. "It could be. Did you recognize the girl who was saying it?"

This time, Isaac shakes her head. "No, I caught her saying something about just moving to the town. But I was thinking she might go here— she looked about our age. But she sounded really freaked out about it."

"It could be something," Scott says, furrowing his eyebrows. "Did you say anything to Derek about it?"

"No," Isaac shakes his head again. They're all headed towards their first period class, English, which they've just so happened to have together. Knowing that the conversation is going to end as soon as they enter the room, Isaac wants to get as much out of it as possible. "I wanted to run it by you guys first. I was wondering if Stiles dad had said anything to him about it, too."

"Nah," Stiles shrugs. "He tells me I don't need to know anything. He just doesn't understand that I'm sidekick to a werewolf and these things matter."

By now, they've made it to the classroom; however, the bell has already rung. Late. As they walk through the still-open door, Stiles is saying something about how things would be a lot simpler if his dad knew the truth about werewolves, and Scott had said, 'It just doesn't work like that, dude. We can't tell everyone just because it's convenient."

The other two barely notice the silence that now engulfs the room. A young woman stares at them with harsh eyes, and a— no, the blonde from yesterday is looking at the three of them like they are her saviours. She doesn't look great, he thinks. Yesterday, even when she was freaking out, she managed to still pull off the cute look. Today, her blue eyes stood out from the black circles that surrounded them, and the sweater she wore hid any curve that could be found on her. Tired. She looked so tired. It made sense, though— with everything going on, he could barely sleep, either, and he was sort of used to life being a mess.

Ms. Blake, after telling them she wants to see them after class, drones on with a lesson. From where he sits, Isaac attempts to get Scott's attention so he could point out the girl. She's just a row in front of him, and stares out the window, looking sort of dazed. Finally, after a few paper wads thrown, Scott finally looks back and sees Isaac gesturing towards the girl, and Scott's face lights up in realization.

'The girl,' Isaac mouths. Scott says something back then, and although it takes Isaac several moments to understand what his friend is mouthing to him, he gives a thumbs up when he finally gets it. 'After class we'll talk to her."
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so funny story

I'm on vacation until next Tuesday and so, unfortunately, after a day on the beach yesterday, me and my friend passed out during the new episode of Teen Wolf.

so, I wanted to update but I didn't see the new episode, so i'm just going to, for the sake of kinda going with the Season 3 storyline, there is going to be a slight time change in the story. like, just, instead of a day before the full moon happened, there's like, two. andnext cchapter, I'll catch up with the new episode. ja feel?

let me know what ya think cuties bye ya'll