Touched by an Angel, Though I Fall Out of Grace

One

*Flashback/Dream*
I was sitting in the backseat of my dad’s car. The radio was on and an old eighties rock song was playing. I was tapping my fingers to the beat. My dad and I had just taken my grandmother to the doctor and now we were heading home. Rain was falling down hard and the sky was dark. My dad was driving cautiously because the road was slick. He turned to me and said, “Brittany, you’re being quiet. What’s wrong?”

I looked up at him and said, “Nothing, I’m just… Dad watch out!”

A huge semi-truck swerved on the road and crashed into us. Our car turned completely around and then flipped over. I was on my side and there were shards of glass everywhere. It was a while but then I heard sirens and seen red and blue lights flashing and then I heard voices.
I was pulled out the car and wrapped in a blanket as I was expected by an EMT. I was fine but my dad had to be taken to the hospital and my grandmother had died instantly. I had wanted to go the hospital with my dad where my mom was contacted. Hours later my dad had died in his sleep.
*End Flashback/Dream*

I woke up with a start and sat up in bed. Minutes later my alarm clock went off which woke up my dog. Ares started barking at the alarm clock and I smiled. I hit the button to turn off the alarm clock. I stood up and then stretched. I headed to the bathroom and Ares trailed behind me. I took a quick shower and then brushed my teeth. I headed back to my room to get dressed. I put on a tight fitting red shirt with a black tie, a red and black plaid skirt, red and black knee high plaid socks and high-top Converses, and a silver necklace with a winged heart pendant. I ran a brush through my hair, grabbed my bag and put my sketchpad and writing notebook in it. I was heading out my bedroom door and down the stairs when I called, “Ares!”

By the time I was in the kitchen, my puppy came in from the hallways barking. I smiled and bent down to pet him on the head. I then picked up his bowl and filled one side with food and the other with water and set it back down. Ares scampered over to his food and ate while I got myself a glass of orange juice. My mom then came downstairs in her veterinarian clothes. She put a piece of bread in the toaster and went to the refrigerator to get some butter and jam.

“Morning, sweetheart.” She said.

“Morning, Mom.” I said as I finished my juice.

“I’ve got to go and so do you. So, put Ares in his pin and lock it. I love you, Brittany.” My mom said as she walked to the front door. I picked up Ares dish and set in his pin. He followed me and I locked him in. I bent down to his level and petted his head.

“I’ll see you later, Ares.” I said and then walked to the cabinet and grabbed a package of strawberry flavored pop tarts. I slung my bag over my shoulder then walked out the front door. I walked the fifteen minute long walk to school. I looked around and then I seen my best friend, Damon sitting on a bench near the front entrance clad in pink and black. I walked over to him and sat down.
“I want one!” Damon said.

I laughed and looked to see what he had on. Damon was wearing a hot pink shirt, black skinny jeans, pink high-tops, a black beanie a white and pink bandana around his neck. “Hi to you, too.”

“Sorry. Hello, Brittany. How are you today?”

“I’m fine, thank you for asking.”

“Can I have one now?”

I opened the package and gave him one of the pop tarts. We sat there munching on our breakfast until the bell rang. I stood up and headed to my English class. On my way there, I ran into someone and my stuff fell to the floor. I bent down to pick it up and so did the person I ran into. I looked up to see a pair of hazel eyes looking back at me.

“Sorry.” He said as he handed me my bag.

“It’s fine.” I said and then hurried off to class before the bell rang. I slipped in to the classroom and a second later. I took my seat in the back of the class and took my writing notebook out of my bag.

“Okay class, please take out your writing lessons from yesterday and get started.” My English teacher, Mr. Andrews said.

Half of the class groaned but I just smiled and went about my work. By the time class was over I had summarized what we had read about Romeo & Juliet yesterday and got started on the next few pages. After, I headed to my U.S. History class where Mr. Booker had us write definitions for the chapter we were starting. When the bell rang, I went to my Spanish where we had a test and then after that I went to my math class. I was working on a Calculus problem when the bell rang. I shut my book and slung my bag over my shoulder and began my way to the cafeteria for lunch.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had this posted on Quizilla... sorry for the slow beginning please just bare with me