Touched by an Angel, Though I Fall Out of Grace

Eleven

*Brittany's POV*
After Gerard had dropped me off I ran upstairs to my bedroom and pulled out my cell phone. I called Damon's number and waited for him to answer, which felt like forever. Finally, I heard, "Hello?"

"GUESS WHAT?!" I screamed.

"First of all, ow," he said. "Now what?"

"I'm Gerard's girlfriend now."

"No you're not."

"Yes, I am. He asked me at the cemetery."

"Oh, how romantic?" Damon replied, his tone laced with sarcasm.

I smiled. "It was actually."

"See? I told you he was your man."

"Shut up," I laughed.

"Alright, well, I've gotta go. My parents are back from taking Steven to have his tests done. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Okay, bye" I said and then hung up the phone. I was lying in bed with a smile on my face when there was a knock on my door. I sat up a bit as the door opened and in walked my mom. She sat next to me and asked, "Are you doing all right?"

"Yeah, I'm okay." I told her.

She nodded her and said, "I'm going to bed, I'll see you in the morning. I love you."

"Love you, too" I said as she walked out. I sighed and decided to go downstairs and get a drink. I got a class of water and then began heading back to my room when I heard a 'bark'. I looked down and noticed Ares trailing behind me. When I had gotten back to my rom, I changed into a pair of black pajama pants and a blue tank top before crawling into bed. With Ares snuggled into my side, I soon fell asleep.

*Morning*

I woke up and layed in bed for a while, before deciding to get up and start getting ready for school. I went to the bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth. As I walked back into my room, I flicked on a light so I could see where I was going. I stood in front of my closet and pulled out a black t-shirt that said "Haters Make Me Famous" and paired it with a pair of gray skinny jeans and my black high-top Converses. I grabbed my bag, phone and keys before leaving my room and descending down the stairs. I had just put food and water out for Ares and was locking him inside his pin for the day when my phone vibrated. It was a text from Damon: 'Hurry up. I'm standing outside and I have Pop-Tarts.'

I shook my head and then made my way outside, making sure to lock the front door behind me. I had reached the end of the drive, when I heard Damon say, "It's about time."

"Shut up," I said as I looked up. I smiled at who was standing next to Damon. "Hey."

"Hey to you, too." Gerard said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I figured I'd walk with you and Damon. Do you mind?"

I shook my head. "Of course not."

Gerard smiled as he threw his arm around my shoulders. As we approached the school, I noticed the guys standing near where Damon and I always sat in the morning and they all started a round of applause. "It's about time!" Ray yelled.

Damon and I took our usual seat and then he tore open the silver foil wrapper that contained our breakfast. "Aww, I want one," Frank said, pouting.

"Here," I said, handing him half of mine.

"Thank you," he said, biting into it. We talked and wasted time as we waited for the bell to ring; and when it did, we went inside. Mikey and I headed to English with Gerard following us. When we were standing in front of Mr. Andrews' room, I turned to Gerard. "I'll see you later."

"Okay," he said and then kissed me quickly on the lips.

"No PDA in the hallway," Mr. Andrews scolded.

"I better go or I'll be late. Bye, baby."

"Bye," I called as he began walking to class. I entered the room, smiling to myself. Gerard had called me 'baby' and it took every bit of my self control to not flail my arms around and squeal like an idiot.

"Okay. Who's ready to give their report over a famous English writer?" Mr. Andrews asked as he walked into the classroom and shut the door. Nobody said anything and most people were texting on their phones, which were hidden under the desks, but then Cassie Hargrove shot her hand into
the air.

"Alright, Cassie, the floor is yours," Mr. Andrews said, gesturing to the podium. As she gave her report over Dylan Thomas, I began reading over my own paper.

"Thank you, Miss Hargrove. Would anyone else like to give their report? Those of you who don't will only receive half credit" Mr. Andrews wondered aloud and I raised my hand, making my way to the podium.

"Joanne Rowling, better known as J.K. Rowling, is a British author best known as the creator of the Harry Potter series, the idea for which was conceived on a train trip from Manchester to London in 1990..." I finished my report and was on my way back to my seat when the teacher stopped me.

"Miss Davis, you were supposed to write a report over a famous English writer."
"J.K. Rowling is English and I can assure you that she's plenty famous," I counterd, not in the mood to deal with this.

"I'm going to let it slide this time because you seem like one of the few who actually did the assignment. Just hand me your paper," he said, and I set it on his desk. No one else gave their report, so he gave us the rest of the class time to do other things. When the bell rang, I stood up and grabbed my stuff and walked into the crowded hallway with Mikey. I went to my locker to switch out my books and went to U.S. History with Mr. Booker.

*Skip to Lunch*

After a long fourth hour of AP Math, I was at my locker when I felt someone snake their arms around my waist. I turned to see Gerard standing there, smiling at me.

"Hey, baby," he said, kissing my cheek.

"Hi," I said back, shutting my locker.

"How are you?"

"I'm good and you?"

"I was missing you," he said, "but I'm better now. Mmm, you smell good, like vanilla and cinnamon."

I giggled. "You smell like coffee and mint gum."

"Speaking of coffee, I could use some. Want to go to Starbucks?"

"Yeah, sure." I said, taking his hand in mine. As we walked out the front entrance, I asked, "Do you have your keys?"

He nodded, "I got them back from Mikey before third period."

"Okay." I stated, swinging our hands back and forth. I heard him humming a song that I didn't recognize. I glanced up at him and he flashed me a smile. When we reached his car, he unlocked the doors and we got in. He turned on the radio and a song blared through the speakers. I soon realized it as the song that Gerard was humming along to just a few minutes ago. I looked over at him and he was tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

"What is this?" I asked.

"'Vampires Will Never Hurt You', do you like it?"

"Yeah, it's pretty cool. Who is it?"

"Just a band called My Chemical Romance," Gerard said, shrugging as if it were no big deal.

I blinked in disbelief. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah, I'm serious."

"That's so fucking cool," I said, leaning back and giving the song my full attention. When we pulled into Starbucks, he turned off the car and we got out. As we walked through the doors, the smell of coffee overpowered my senses. Gerard and I walked up to the cashier and gave our orders; I had a French vanilla cappuccino and Gerard had a straight black coffee. We found a seat near the back of the shop and sat down. Gerard had his arm around my waist and I had my head leaned over onto his shoulder. I took a drink of coffee and then breathed out.

"This is nice," Gerard said.

"Yeah, it is," I agreed and then reached up and captured his lips with my own. He leaned into me and slipped his tongue into my mouth. I sighed, letting him have control. A few minutes went by before I pulled away to breathe.

Gerard whimpered and asked, "Why?"

I looked at him and saw that he was making a really adorable pouty face. I giggled and said, "I needed air. Besides, we have fifteen minutes until lunch is over."

"Oh, right... school. I suppose we should head back," he said and I nodded. We stood to leave, walking out the door holding hands. We hastily got into the car and he started up the engine. He drove quickly, but stayed just below the speed limit so that we wouldn't get pulled over. As he parked his car, I unbuckled my seat belt and grabbed my coffee cup. We walked back into the school and headed to our lockers, where I grabbed a notebook and my Science book.

"Eww, science." Gerard said, scrunching his nose.

"It's not so bad," I told him as I heard Damon's voice coming down the hallway. I turned and seen him coming towards me. "Brittany Nicole!" he yelled.

"Damon Alexander!" I yelled back.

"Where the hell were you?" he asked.

"None of your damn business." I said.

"Bitch please," he said, making me look at him.

"What did you just call me?" I asked, glaring. He glared back at me and for a few seconds neither of us looked away and then we both burst out laughing. Damon hugged me and I hugged him back.

"Dammit, I wanted to see a fight," I heard Frank say.

"Nope, we never fight. I love my sister."

"And, I love my brother," I said as the bell rang.

"Off to science!" Damon said, waiting on me. I looked at Gerard and saw that he looked sad again.

"I'll see you in seventh period, okay?" I told him.

"Okay," he said, giving me a small smile. He kissed me and then turned to leave. Damon and I got to class and sat at our usual table. I felt my phone vibrating and pulled it out and read the text: 'This is your second warning. I saw you and him at the cafe. Get rid of him or else.'

I closed my eyes and took a deep brath. I put my phone away and made to pay attention to Mr. Carson. Damon noticed the way I was acting and gave me a questioning look. "Brittany, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm just a little tired," I lied.