Touched by an Angel, Though I Fall Out of Grace

Twenty-One

*December 10, 2011*
Gerard’s POV

*Flashback/Dream*

I had just shut my locker and took off speed-walking down the hallway. I had gotten to school late and that resulted in me being late for science class. I turned the corner and bumped into someone and made their stuff fall on the floor; at the same time, we both bent down to pick up the items and I looked up into a pair of striking blue eyes.

“Sorry,” I said, handing her bag over.

“It’s fine,” she told me before running off. I stood there, watching her hurry down the hallway in a beautiful blur of red and black. Needless to say, I was more than just a little late for science class.
___

I looked to my left and my heart stopped for a minute. There she was, sitting next to me. She was more beautiful than I remembered her. She had her headphones in and she was leaning back with her eyes closed. I leaned over and tapped her on her shoulder; she removed her headphones slowly and looked over at me.

“Hi,” she said quietly.

“Umm, hi.” I said, becoming nervous. “I’m Gerard. Gerard Way.”

She smiled. “Brittany Davis.”

I smiled back at her and said, “Well, it’s nice to meet you.”

Glancing warily at the teacher, she said, “It’s nice to meet you too.”

“Ms. Davis and Mr. Way, I specifically said no talking. And since you decided to not listen to me, I believe the gymnasium could use a little cleaning. Go.” Mr. Booker said.

I noticed Brittany rolled her eyes and stood up. I stood up as well and we walked out the classroom and to the gym. When we got in there Brittany sat on the bleachers and pulled out a sketchpad and began drawing. I sat next to her and said, “Can I have a look?”

She stared at me for a while before handing me the booklet. I was looking through it and when I got to the last picture, I glanced up and said, “These are good.”

Brittany pushed some of her hair out of her face then said, “Thanks.”

The one I was looking at right now was of a dog lying on the ground with the word ‘Ares’ at the top. “Is this your dog?” I asked and she nodded.

It was quiet for a while and I realized I was still holding her sketchpad. I handed it back to her and she nodded her thanks. She then looked at me and said, “Tell me something about yourself, Mr. Way.”

“I was born on April 9th, 1986. My middle name is Arthur, I am Scottish-Italian, Mikey Way is my younger brother. I like the colors red and black. I enjoy reading comics, drawing, and hanging out with my friends, which we’re all in a band together and have already recorded a full album.”

“That’s really cool. What are you guys called?”

“My Chemical Romance.”

“I like it; it’s catchy.”

“Thanks, Mikey came up with it. What about you? Tell me about yourself.”

“My middle name is Nicole and I was born on September 15th, 1987. I’m sort of half British, on my mom’s side. My favorite colors are also red and black. I enjoy reading, drawing and hanging out with my best friend. And as you already know, I have a puppy, he’s a Miniature Pinscher and I named him Ares because I’m currently obsessed with Greek mythology.”

“Interesting.” I said.

“Yeah, I guess so,” she said as she opened her sketchpad and began drawing. I watched her a while before getting out my own book. I began drawing a girl who looked a little bit like Brittany who was standing at the altar with a guy that sort of resembled me. Out of the corner of my eye, I seen her check her watch and then she stood up and threw her bag over her shoulder. “I’ve been here long enough. Are you gonna leave too?”

“Sure, why not?” I said, putting my stuff in my bag before standing up. We had just walked out of
the front doors when I asked, “You mind if I walk you home?”

She shook her head, “I don’t mind.”

I smiled at her answer and we kept walking. She stopped when we came across a normal looking white house. “This is my house, so I guess I’ll see you later.”

“Yeah, later I guess.” I said and then I watched her turn and walk up her driveway. I smiled and then walked quickly to my own home.
___

I parked my car outside Brittany’s house and got out, going around to open the door for her; hand-in-hand we walked up to her front door.

“I had a great time tonight,” she admitted.

“I’m glad you did, and I did too,” I said, my voice barely above a whisper. “Can I have your permission to do something?”

“Sure, I guess,” she told me, sounding a little uncertain.

I was shaking as I leaned in and kissed her; the feeling was better than what I thought it would have been. I kept it short and then pulled away, a smile on my face. Brittany mirrored my expression as she stared up at me before she pulled me back and re-connected our lips; this time it lasted longer, it was a simple kiss with no tongue involved.

As we broke apart to breathe, I said, “I could do that all night.”

“Me too,” she agreed.

“I should probably let you go in, huh?” I asked and she nodded. “Goodnight, Brittany,” I said after quickly pecking her lips again.

“Goodnight, Gerard,” she called as I walked back to my car.
___

“Oh,” I said. “I’m so sorry.”

Brittany sat in my lap with my arms wrapped around her. She had just cried on my shoulder as we sat in front of the gravestones of her father and grandmother. “It’s not your fault,” she told me, sniffling. “I just miss them.”

I looked at her and wiped her tears away before gently pressing my lips to hers. It was a short kiss and afterwards, I rested my forehead on hers and said, “Brittany?”

“Yes?”

“Can I ask you a question?”

“You just did, but go ahead,” she replied with a small smile.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” I asked her, holding my breath and waiting for her answer.

“Nothing would make me happier,” she said, hugging me and I kissed the top of her head.
___

“Please don’t leave me,” I whispered as Brittany sat at the edge of my bed to put her shoes on.

“I told my mom I wouldn’t stay long,” she said.

I buried my nose into the crook of her neck and sighed as I started crying again. “I don’t want to be alone,” I said, hugging her.

“I’d stay if I could, but I have to go,” she said and I shook my head, clinging on to her.

“Gee, c’mon, babe.”

I let out a groan. “Fine, but will you come to the funeral on Saturday?”

She nodded, “Yeah, sure.”

“Thank you,” I said, leaning in to kiss her. When we pulled away, I looked at her and said, “I love you, Brittany.”

She was silent for a few beats and I was worried I had said the “L” word too soon but then she smiled at me and said, “I love you, too, Gerard,” which made me smile.

“I really like hearing you say that. Say it again, please?”

“I love you, Gerard.”

“I love you, too, Brittany,” I said, quickly kissing her again.
___

Our coats were thrown down on the steps of my basement-bedroom and Brittany had pushed off my tuxedo jacket and was working on the buttons of my shirt while I unzipped her dress. I undid my belt and kicked off my pants as she slipped her dress off her shoulders, leaving us only in our underwear. Brittany reached up and kissed me as we fell back onto my bed; together we discarded our last articles of clothing as we touched.

I hovered over the beautiful girl that I loved and said, “We don’t have to if you don’t want to.”

She propped herself up on her elbows and said, “I want to,” before kissing me.

“Okay, I just wanted to make sure this was consensual,” I said with a grin, reaching over to my nightstand to grab a condom. “Are you a virgin?” I wondered.

She glanced away from me as she blushed and mumbled, “Yes.”

“It’s okay, I am too,” I reassured her.

“No, you’re not,” she stated disbelievingly.

“Yeah I am,” I explained. “Me and the last girl I was with had planned to do it for my birthday last year, but she broke up with me before anything ever happened.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be, it eventually led me to you and for that I’ll be forever grateful,” I said, kissing her cheek. “Are you ready?”

She nodded nervously. “Don’t worry,” I told her as I put on the condom. “I’ll be as gentle as possible.”

“Okay,” she whispered, lying back on my pillows. I hovered over her again and kissed her deeply, touching her all over her body. I trailed kisses from her lips to her jawline to her collarbone. I smirked as her breathing became uneven the second I pushed her legs apart and touched her thighs. I spent a few minutes more kissing and touching her, making sure that she was relaxed enough before I positioned myself at her entrance. I laced our fingers together and pushed in, pressing my lips to hers; she let out an audible gasp and screwed her eyes shut.

“Do you want me to stop?” I asked.

“No,” she whimpered, looking up at me. I smiled down at her and slowly began to move; it wasn’t long before she was emitting soft moans as I rocked against her. Brittany clung to me and dragged her nails down my back as I buried my head in the crook of her neck, moaning her name over and over again.

“I’m close,” I told her, thrusting into her at a faster pace. Soon, I went still inside her and cried, “Fuck!” I kept moving until Brittany began having her own climax and we rode it out together. When we had come down from our high, I pulled out and collapsed next to her, both of us breathing hard. With the sheets tangled around us, I wrapped my arms around her as she cuddled into me.

“I love you,” Brittany said, her eyes closing.

“I love you, too,” I replied, kissing her forehead. With her head on my chest, I soon heard soft snores coming from her and fell asleep, holding her close to me.

*End Flashback/Dream*

“Brittany,” I said as I woke up with a start and was met with a pair of tiny hands squishing my face and prying at my eyelids. When I opened my eyes, Bandit sat in bed next to me and smiling.

“Daddy, I’m ready see Santa Claus,” she told me.

I chuckled, remembering that I had promised her that we’d go to the mall today to see Santa Claus. “Well, sugar, we’ve got to get dressed first.”

“I did!” she said, excitedly, hopping down to show me that she had, in fact, gotten dressed by herself. She wore her Belle princess dress and red flip flops. I laughed again, grabbing my phone to take a picture so I could send it to Lindsey.

Throwing back my covers and getting out of bed, I told her, “It’s too cold outside for that outfit, baby girl. You’ll get sick and you don’t wanna meet Santa while you’re sick, do you?”

Bandit shook her head. “Alright, let’s go find some warmer clothes, okay?”

“Okay, Daddy,” she agreed, taking my hand and dragging me to her room. I went straight to her closet and pulled out the red plaid dress with the black, velvet bodice and bow that my mom had bought for her a few weeks ago. I picked out her black Mary Jane shoes and white socks with the lace before helping her get dressed. I sat her down in the living room and turned on cartoons for her while I went to take a quick shower. Afterwards, I fed Bandit toaster waffles and banana while I had coffee and made sure that she stayed clean.

“You ready to go see Santa Claus, sugar?” I asked as I helped her put on her coat.

“Yeah!” she screamed, excitedly.

I shrugged on my own coat, making sure I had my phone, keys and wallet before taking her hand and leaving our apartment. I strapped her into her car seat and in no time, we were driving down the road, on our way to the mall. Before long, I was entering the parking lot and looking for a place to park. As soon as I shut off the engine and opened the door to get out, I could see Bandit squirming around in her car seat.

“Daddy, I want out! I want see Santa!” she shouted.

“I’m coming, sugar,” I said, opening the backdoor and unbuckling her car seat, helping her out of the vehicle and taking her hand as we walked to the entrance of the mall. It wasn’t hard to find where Santa was stationed; it was a huge setup in the middle of the first floor with a line of excited children and their parents.

“Santa!” Bandit cried, her eyes lighting up, making me smile. “Daddy, it’s Santa.”

“It sure is,” I told her as we got in line. While we waited, I watched in amusement as Bandit wouldn’t stop hopping up and down excitedly. The line moved rather quickly and it wasn’t long before I was walking Bandit up to Santa’s chair.

“Make sure to smile big, okay?” I told Bandit as she was pulled onto Santa’s lap.

“Okay, Daddy,” she said.

I was watching as Bandit told Santa what she wanted for Christmas and he listened intently. I smiled as I heard her laugh and tell Santa that she had been a good girl this year, but what was distracted when I heard my name being called. I turned my head and was hit with a tidal wave of emotions before I realized it wasn’t who I thought it was. At first glance, Mrs. Davis looked so much like her daughter, but older of course.

“Hello,” I said, flashing a smile.

She grinned. “I thought it was you, I just wasn’t sure what with your red hair and all,” she told me.

I ran a hand through my hair, “Oh, yeah. It was for something to do with the band.”

Mrs. Davis nodded. “How have you been?”

“Really good, thanks. Yourself?”

“I’ve been alright, glad that Brittany is safe and back home,” she answered. Hearing her name made my heart race. “I know she’d love to see you again, why don’t you come over for dinner sometime?”

“That’d be nice. When?” I asked as I felt a small hand tug at my hand.

“Tonight, if you’re free. Around seven o'clock?” Mrs. Davis said as I picked up Bandit.

“Okay, same address?”

“Yes,” she told me. “Nice seeing you again, Gerard.”

“You, too; see you tonight.” I called as she began to walk away. I was approached by a teenage girl whose nametag read ‘Jingle’ who told me that the picture packet cost twenty dollars so I forked
over my credit card.

“So, did you tell Santa everything you wanted?” I asked Bandit as we left Santa’s station and she nodded.

“How about we do some shopping?”

“Yeah,” Bandit agreed, so that’s just what we did. We went around the mall buying gifts for everyone on my list and I made a mental note to come back to the toy store when Bandit wasn’t with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay in the update, I've been really busy with schoolwork. I hope you enjoyed the chapter.